PDA

View Full Version : Lindsa Watt P-40

skylane
March 9th, 2014, 09:12
A question: Lindsay Watt´s site has been down for a long time now, so I guess it won´t come back again.
Does anyone know if his P-40s are available for download from any other site, or are they lost?
I have them in my collection, but I would like to use them in a campaign I´m building, so I´m looking for a link.

skylane

Captain Kurt
March 9th, 2014, 09:45
Talon might know, but I don't think they were anywhere else.

Blood_Hawk23
March 9th, 2014, 11:43
I have the P-40-E and AI version. I can't find the zip files right off hand. But yea Talon, Bub, B-24Guy and maybe Rami as well. We can only share them trough email and you can not upload them anywhere. If I find my zip copies I'll PM you.

update,
Sorry to say, I'm missing a few as well. Did he ever finish his N model. I'm also missing the B model. Some how I deleted a group of files. they may have been in that. So if anyone has them, I'd be interested as well.

Worthless
March 9th, 2014, 13:09
Her's what I have for LW's P-40. These are all zips for LW's P-40 and adds. Obviously some of the adds were made for these AC's by Kelti and SC. If Linsay ever did an N I never saw it, only the E and B.

fx_lw_engstrt
LW_P40E1_LWengstrt_KH
LW_P40E1_propexh_KH
P-40E-1 dps
P-40E-1
P-40E-1_MDL
P-40B

Skins by SopwithC
sc-LW- P40b Pearl
sc-LW-P40E_SkinPack

If I can help, PM me and I'll email them.

Captain Kurt
March 9th, 2014, 13:21
If you are building a campaign for release you will want a readily available model won't you? I'd recommend Bruce Thorsen's B and C models converted for CFS2 by Bearcat and Mav's light fix. It's a good model though I don't think it is multi LOD? For the E model through the N use Malinowski's models - also great models.

Rami
March 9th, 2014, 13:26
If you are building a campaign for release you will want a readily available model won't you? I'd recommend Bruce Thorsen's B and C models converted for CFS2 by Bearcat and Mav's light fix. It's a good model though I don't think it is multi LOD? For the E model through the N use Malinowski's models - also great models.

CK,

Thanks to Oldwheat, they ARE multi-lod. :wavey:

I also did a set of airfiles for those puppies.

Captain Kurt
March 9th, 2014, 15:43
CK,

Thanks to Oldwheat, they ARE multi-lod. :wavey:

I also did a set of airfiles for those puppies.

Aw. that's awesome. I need to go download the updated files. They really are nice models.

Blood_Hawk23
March 9th, 2014, 15:55
With the lose of Collin and Akemi I've been thinking.

We need to see if LW can be reached. Tango last had a way to get a hold of his brother. Not sure if that still can be done.

LW had alot that I'd like to save. We may already be too late. Last time I talked to him he wasn't well. That was 2 yrs ago now.

I know none can go here but Dave (NoDice) was friends with him and The Free Flight Site would be an Option. As would Maskrider's site who already has some of his work.

LW wasn't against sharing, only people taking credit for work they didn't originally do. Which is one of the issues that resulted in him pulling his works from SOH.

I have perms for the Dead trees he made for my WWI scenery as well as the HMS Tiger that he was helping me with. But it only covers them. Until my scenery is ready they won't see the light of day except to a few people and screen shot.

I don't want to bother him if he isn't well but it would be sad to lose his work. I don't know the best way to go about it and I've been out of touch with Tango for awhile as well. So if someone would be willing or help point the way. I think we should try.

Till Later,
John

skylane
March 9th, 2014, 23:55
Hello all!

Thanks for your replies! I will use Bruce Thorsen´s P-40B with all the modifications, and give the user the option to use Lindsay´s, if they should have it.

Rami
March 10th, 2014, 02:04
Skylane,

If you look in the Vichy French mini-campaign, I actually provided the links to the Bruce Thorson model, including RAF Desert skins by RobH.

skylane
March 10th, 2014, 06:31
Thanks, Rami! Found them!

mav
March 10th, 2014, 06:46
yeh, think i did the light fix for the multiLoD as well but gave it to OW to upload, after all it came from him..... just nuthin mentioned in the readme... meh.

Sarg Willy
March 10th, 2014, 15:05
A belated thank you , Mav , we certainly appreciate your talents :very_drunk:

Captain Kurt
March 10th, 2014, 20:19
Mav,
It used to be posted listing you for the fix. I downloaded it then. I think that must have gotten lost when everything had to be rebuilt and reloaded in the last crash. :frown-new:

Blood_Hawk23
March 11th, 2014, 02:59
Mav,
It used to be posted listing you for the fix. I downloaded it then. I think that must have gotten lost when everything had to be rebuilt and reloaded in the last crash. :frown-new:

I'm sure Rami wouldn't mind adding in the update. I know Oldwheat wouldn't mind.

Rami
March 11th, 2014, 04:34
I'm sure Rami wouldn't mind adding in the update. I know Oldwheat wouldn't mind.

BloodHawk_23,

Ah, but I did! One of things I tried to do when I put together the new library was combine all of the updates and patches to avoid such hassles. The P-40s are one example, as well as many of Baldy's aircraft, and the Westland Whirlwind.

P-40B: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=52&id=11564

Bearcat241's CFS2 conversion for Flight Simulator 9 CURTISS HAWK 81 (P40B/C) by Bruce Thorson (aka Flightsimmer) Bruce is in the process of completing a fully-compatible, CFS2 version of this model, which will replace this interim conversion upon its completion. The original FS9 aircraft must be obtained from Flightsim.com. Search by name for "FS2004 Curtiss Hawk 81" or "hawk81b.zip".

Note: This version includes the multi-lod model by oldwheat, and the light fix by mav.

P-40C: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=52&id=11565

Bearcat241's CFS2 "C" model conversion for Flight Simulator 9 CURTISS HAWK 81 (P40B/C) by Bruce Thorson (aka Flightsimmer) Bruce is in the process of completing a fully-compatible, CFS2 version of this model, which will replace this interim conversion upon its completion. The original FS9 aircraft must be obtained from Flightsim.com. Search by name for "FS2004 Curtiss Hawk 81" or "hawk81b.zip".

Note: This version includes the multi-lod model by oldwheat, and the light fix by mav.

And, here are my alternate airfiles: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=52&id=4545

This is a set of revised airfiles to replace the ones provided in the original conversion of Bruce Thorson's Curtiss P-40B and C model "Hawks." These airfiles do their best to represent the correct weight, Allison engine characteristics, and flight performance of these early "Hawk" models, including top speed and climb rate.

The P-40 "B" model, accordingly, will have slightly more performance and maneuverability than the "C" model, which was the worst performer of the entire series.

I do not profess these to be 100% accurate, but they will allow the aircraft to perform in a manner more befitting her actual abilities.

"Rami"

Talon
March 11th, 2014, 12:30
I have all Lindsays planes including some he never uploaded.

I have his original P-40B he did for PHP2 and his original P-40e from about the same time.

The P-40B I used in my PHP2 missions when they first came out and uploaded the plane to SOH. Out of respect for Lindsay I asked Rami to take the plane down even though Lindsay said since I uploaded it for my missions it could stay at SOH. I changed the mission to use his other P-40B.

Since you can no longer get his planes I now have to redo my AVG and CATF campaigns which is no problem,I just have to find the time.

braveheart77521
March 11th, 2014, 18:15
I have two separate installations of CFS2 for PHP2. Both are exactly alike accept for the P-40s. Both use Talon's American missions. I used Lindsey later P-40B on one installation and Thorson's P-40BHawk on the other. I used the same names for the aircraft folders (p-40). There are skins in SOH for the Pearl Harbor Thorsen P-40s. Both installations work well.

However, I replaced the Thorsen P-40 panel and pilot. The panel for the A.F. Scrub P_40 Tomahawk conversion by BoeingvsAirbusNKL looks better (Sophwith Cameleon has some nice AVG and British skins also available in SOH). I used the P-40 pilot from Lindsey's P-40B. It looks more realistic, but any other pilot (US, RAF) would work.

The Thorsen P-40 is great, but some attention should be given to the Scrub Tomahawk. Kelti, Please don't leave this one alone!
Braveheart

kelticheart
March 12th, 2014, 04:16
I have two separate installations of CFS2 for PHP2. Both are exactly alike accept for the P-40s. Both use Talon's American missions. I used Lindsey later P-40B on one installation and Thorson's P-40BHawk on the other. I used the same names for the aircraft folders (p-40). There are skins in SOH for the Pearl Harbor Thorsen P-40s. Both installations work well.

However, I replaced the Thorsen P-40 panel and pilot. The panel for the A.F. Scrub P_40 Tomahawk conversion by BoeingvsAirbusNKL looks better (Sophwith Cameleon has some nice AVG and British skins also available in SOH). I used the P-40 pilot from Lindsey's P-40B. It looks more realistic, but any other pilot (US, RAF) would work.

The Thorsen P-40 is great, but some attention should be given to the Scrub Tomahawk. Kelti, Please don't leave this one alone!
Braveheart

Hi Braveheart,

I do download non-multires models built for MS civilian sims and converted to CFS2, but I usually place them at the bottom of my hangar. This since I am still using an old pc, entirely dedicated to CFS2, yet almost 9-year old.

I do like Mr. Scrub's models a lot, since they are accurately modelled and offer the best fps performance that I ever found in any other non-multires converted model. Unfortunately, I am currently busy on other projects and it'll take me some time before I can tackle his P-40B. I even returned to my old love, which is playing music. It remained on hold for several years, the ten days ago wedding of a great friend of mine gave me a good excuse to blow the dust off my instruments cases.

Nevertheless, she's on my "to do" list.

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

mav
March 12th, 2014, 07:18
BloodHawk_23,

Ah, but I did!
"Rami"

Where???Like i said... meh! Lol

Rami
March 12th, 2014, 07:44
Mav,

Did you not see the links below in my response to Blood_Hawk23???

mav
March 12th, 2014, 20:58
Mav,

Did you not see the links below in my response to Blood_Hawk23???

Did you read my original response??

Rami
March 13th, 2014, 01:33
Did you read my original response??

Ah...mea culpa! I corrected this on the download display, and since I have the archive backed up on my backup drive, I can probably find your readme somewhere.