PDA

View Full Version : Radar pod for stock/OH F6F-3 Hellcat by Allen

fde_bressy
February 28th, 2014, 03:39
I am looking after the following items as Objects DP files:- a radar wing radome for such A/C's as Corsair, Avenger and Hellcats- a Mk.III nose radar antenna, such as the ones appearing on Mossies or Havoc night fighters.Any suggestion or help is welcome.François

Fibber
February 28th, 2014, 04:48
........do any of these fit what you want?

fde_bressy
February 28th, 2014, 09:12
Hello and thank you, but this is not what I'm looking for.

The nose antenna is something like a fish-skeleton pointing on the nose of the nightfighter mosquitoes

The wing radome could be replaced by a wingtank without filling cap, but I don't know how to repaint a DP file object

I' m still looking around, but found nothing in my library.

Blood_Hawk23
February 28th, 2014, 09:47
fde_bressy,

Is this the one you are looking for? wep_us_radarpod

The one that goes on the corair. I forget which package that is with. I've seen the antennas but right of hand I can't remember where they are. Or do you want a new one.

As far as repainting goes let me first explain the objects.
An object is made up of 3 parts. The Scenery BGL, which is the model. The Texture, which may or may not be required. Finaly the DP file, this contains is the damaged properties and other info. If you are looking to repaint one then its the texture file you want. If there is no texture then the model is untextured and the BGL has to be edited.

If you need a new one let me know, I'll track down the info and put it together. An Antenna would be easy.

Any of the above I'd be willing to help with.

Till Later,
John

fde_bressy
February 28th, 2014, 10:39
Hello Blood Hawk

I think the radar pod should be what I need.
How or where can I get it?

For what concerns the fish-bone antenna, I4ve been checking all planes I have in stock carrying this type of radar, but in all cases, the antenna was included in the MDL file, and was no separate object.

If you find one, you will be welcome
François

Allen
February 28th, 2014, 10:42
I still don't think a quick repaint would work but extracting one of the stock drop tanks so that they could be made into a wing radar is a walk in the park.

[HARDPOINTS]
mount.18=6.019,0.336,0.527

[PAYLOAD.0]
mount.18=wep_us_wing_radar, 1, -1

Blood_Hawk23
February 28th, 2014, 22:02
The pod I have is for F4U-5N Corsair. You can get it at SimV.
http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=F4U-5N_w-radome.zip&fileId=31718

its in the download. Not sure if the same file can be found here or not.

as far as antenna go, I'm not sure where they are.

Allen,
Did you make that?

Allen
February 28th, 2014, 22:10
Kind of.

It is Q&D rework of the stock 55 gal drop tank. The texture is an ever Q&D-er done using part of the stock us weapons texture.

fde_bressy
February 28th, 2014, 23:51
Blood Hawk,

I downloaded your file, but the original Object DP isn'y inside, just a repaint of the scene DB fils to fit with the A/C's texture.

I looked in the vb library, but here also found noyhing about a file named wep_us_radarpod.

dvslats
March 1st, 2014, 01:23
Hi fde_bressy,

Here is the one made by Graham. Had it stored with my Vb Planes aircraft.

fde_bressy
March 1st, 2014, 04:14
Muchas gracias, hombre

François

Now this problem is solved, what about the radar nose antenna???

Blood_Hawk23
March 1st, 2014, 09:26
Thank you dvslats,

I thought it was in there. I guess it wasn't.

François,

I'm still looking. I thought there was a pack for it somewhere.

Do you have a plane that needs it? If you do could you paste the name. Otherwise I'll make one for the Mossie. There must be one around.

Fibber
March 1st, 2014, 11:33
.I did find a mosquito that indicated it had a radar antenna. It is NFIIgen over at Simviation. The author is P.H.F Burnage. I presently don't have it (yet) but will try it. I hope this is what you are looking for.

hewman100
March 1st, 2014, 14:03
I'm not sure, but did William (bismarck13) make his Beaufighter AI MkIV aerials as separate objects?

fde_bressy
March 1st, 2014, 23:21
Sorry to say no to both of you.
I had already checked those models.
The wep_beau_MKIIIant that comes with the Beau IV NF is a flat antenna, whereas the one I'm looking for is certically mounted.
And Burnage's Mosquitoes come with the nose antenna integrated in the mdl file.

François

Fibber
March 2nd, 2014, 06:32
.....I am not at my main comp. but IIRC one of the add-on texture files for that NFII had a seperate file for a radar. I can't remember if it was a tex or a objdp. Will look later, if I have a chance.

ADDENDUM; found the file, so we can scratch that as what you wanted. It is in the "twz" add-on textures and the file is a depiction of a radar CONSOLE, not the array.

Blood_Hawk23
March 6th, 2014, 03:13
if you'd be willing to point me to a good picture, then I could make it for you. Where there many different versions of the Mosquito Night fighter?

UncleTgt
March 6th, 2014, 03:53
John,

You know you really shouldn't ask an open-ended question like that! :a1310:

http://600squadronassociation.com/Ian_White_Articles.html

part 1 is early stuff, part 2 is mainly post-war

Photos aren't great as a source for G-Max modelling, but the descriptive text will help you with further searches...

fde_bressy
March 6th, 2014, 10:17
Blood Hawk
The thing I am looking for is that:

and when on a real plane, it looks like this:
I don't know if you can anything for me...
François

fde_bressy
March 6th, 2014, 10:25
Blood Hawk
The thing I am looking for is that:

and when on a real plane, it looks like this:
I don't know if you can anything for me...
François

Blood_Hawk23
March 6th, 2014, 13:08
I think Fibber has found what your looking for. check your PMs and let me know. they had the antenna on the wings as well. for the MKIV, according to UTs post. One more night of work then I can look into it more.

Allen
March 9th, 2014, 03:42
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/134013943453183797.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Other Add-Ons

Description: A quickly made wing radar pod for stock/OH F6F-3 Hellcat made from the stock 55 gal drop tank.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Radar pod for stock/OH F6F-3 Hellcat.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18241&catid=17)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
March 9th, 2014, 03:50
Allen,

Excellent work on this, I'm sure you've made Francois very happy! :applause:

Allen
March 10th, 2014, 00:14
I already upload it as a attachement but well attachments can go :pop4: from time to time so uploading to the library was safe place for it.

Blood_Hawk23
March 10th, 2014, 03:05
Yes good Idea.

I looks rather nice on the Hellcat too.