PDA

View Full Version : New B-58 Hustler screenshots

centuryseries
March 7th, 2014, 10:23
Have today been sorting the AI aircraft out. So far on my 4 year old PC (possibly 5) I can have 6 Hustlers and 2 Tankers in view and around 28 FPS. Any way hope you like the SAC feel to them - the forthcoming Bunker Hill scenery from Team SDB. http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/screenshots/tails_sm.jpg

http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/images/hustler7.jpg

http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/images/hustler11.jpg http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/images/hustler0.jpg

This is arriving very soon

Ian Warren
March 7th, 2014, 10:39
Easy one of the Meanest looking bombers ever, I do like the addition of the stairs, all you need now is a crew bus :encouragement:

PutPut
March 7th, 2014, 10:41
When can I let out my breath? I am past turning blue!

Best, Paul

delta_lima
March 7th, 2014, 12:27
Take your time - my sim pc is packed up and not accessible for another 6 weeks ... no need to release before then ...:biggrin-new: ....:running:

... J/K.

Looks superb - a hotly anticipated release, and if it comes out in the next few weeks, please take lots of screenshots! :)

DL

Sundog
March 7th, 2014, 15:11
Beautiful screenshots of a beautiful airplane. :) I definitely can't wait for this release.

Flyboy208
March 7th, 2014, 19:21
Outstanding !!! Mike:applause:

centuryseries
March 8th, 2014, 01:09
Beautiful screenshots of a beautiful airplane. :) I definitely can't wait for this release.

Thanks guys for the comments, it has taken a lot longer than I envisaged being a project team of one with many life events getting in the way! But I'm confident she will be out in days rather than weeks :mixed-smiley-010:

roger-wilco-66
March 8th, 2014, 01:44
No worries, good things take a while :-)
The screenshots look fantastic.

Cheers,
Mark

DaveQ
March 8th, 2014, 03:54
This is the release of the year for me, no question!!:adoration: See my pm though.

DaveQ

centuryseries
March 9th, 2014, 00:32
Thanks for the PM - all fixed :ernaehrung004:. I must say Team SDB's Bunker Hill AFB is looking great with a ramp full of Hustlers :mixed-smiley-010:

Sundog
March 9th, 2014, 06:44
Thanks for the PM - all fixed :ernaehrung004:. I must say Team SDB's Bunker Hill AFB is looking great with a ramp full of Hustlers :mixed-smiley-010:

Was that a bit of happenstance, you making the Hustler and them making Bunker Hill (Grisson AFB), or did you contact them to see if they would do it? I'll be getting both, I was just curious how that happened, as I've wanted a good Bunker Hill for the B-58's for a while since I live in Indiana.

Although, I was only there once for an airshow in the early 90's. It's the only airshow I'd been to where they had as many large aircraft putting on displays as smaller aircraft (E-4B, KC-135, B-52, etc.). I remember the B-52 doing a low level 360 degree turn during it's routine. A fighter could have put on a display in the time it took the B-52 to complete it's circle. ;)

centuryseries
March 9th, 2014, 11:42
Was that a bit of happenstance, you making the Hustler and them making Bunker Hill (Grisson AFB), or did you contact them to see if they would do it? I'll be getting both, I was just curious how that happened, as I've wanted a good Bunker Hill for the B-58's for a while since I live in Indiana. Although, I was only there once for an airshow in the early 90's. It's the only airshow I'd been to where they had as many large aircraft putting on displays as smaller aircraft (E-4B, KC-135, B-52, etc.). I remember the B-52 doing a low level 360 degree turn during it's routine. A fighter could have put on a display in the time it took the B-52 to complete it's circle. ;) Hi Sundog, No coincidence, it goes back to when we used to contribute to Alphasim. Why have an aircraft without a period base for it?!!

dharris
March 11th, 2014, 06:03
Thank you for doing this one. ONe of my all time favorite aircraft. Looks like a fighter, works like a bomber, scared the .... out of the russians.

skipph
March 11th, 2014, 10:13
Hi Dave, Is the sound file the same? I had pm'd you abt maybe enhancing the sound for fly by's. No big deal, maybe worked on after the release. Screenshots are outstanding and thanks for undertaking this endeavor. I have flown this bird around the world twice with the FS9 version ported to FSX and besides a couple of the side panels in the cockpit blacked out, it was still a great model to fly. Can hardly wait for the FSX version. Skip

DaveQ
March 12th, 2014, 03:48
Hi Dave, Is the sound file the same? I had pm'd you abt maybe enhancing the sound for fly by's. No big deal, maybe worked on after the release. Screenshots are outstanding and thanks for undertaking this endeavor. I have flown this bird around the world twice with the FS9 version ported to FSX and besides a couple of the side panels in the cockpit blacked out, it was still a great model to fly. Can hardly wait for the FSX version. Skip

Skipph, the blacked-out textures in the vc are a result of there not being a reference to them in the panel.cfg file. Here is a corrected version if you can't wait for David's FSX upgrade....!

[Vcockpit04]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=256,256
visible=0
pixel_size=256,256
texture=$pan3

[Vcockpit05]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=256,256
visible=0
pixel_size=256,256
texture=$pan4

[Vcockpit06]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=256,256
visible=0
pixel_size=256,256
texture=$pan5

[Vcockpit07]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=256,256
visible=0
pixel_size=256,256
texture=$pan7

Try that - see if you get the rest of the textures back!

DaveQ

skipph
March 13th, 2014, 09:44
Hi Dave, Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I could not locate #4- 8 in the panel config file. I will wait for the new release. I never installed the Pro update as I had nothing but problems in FSX with the Pro update in regards to the throttle. So maybe there is where the files I need to change are located. Thanks agn, Skip

centuryseries
March 14th, 2014, 16:30
Hi Dave, Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I could not locate #4- 8 in the panel config file. I will wait for the new release. I never installed the Pro update as I had nothing but problems in FSX with the Pro update in regards to the throttle. So maybe there is where the files I need to change are located. Thanks agn, Skip

Please note that the flight model and sounds are carried over from the FS9 version of the aircraft, which incidentally is the 'pro' flight model version of the original, with associated fuel transfer to maintain CoG if you so desire. It doesn't have the sticky afterburner problem that was commonplace with portovers, and is fully FSX native with bump (normal) maps, specular maps self shadowing etc. I'm building the installer tonight, that is if I can keep my eyes open. Not much longer to wait. :ernaehrung004:

Sundog
March 14th, 2014, 16:50
I'm building the installer tonight, that is if I can keep my eyes open. Not much longer to wait. :ernaehrung004: Music to my ears. :)

StormILM
March 14th, 2014, 16:51
Please note that the flight model and sounds are carried over from the FS9 version of the aircraft, which incidentally is the 'pro' flight model version of the original, with associated fuel transfer to maintain CoG if you so desire. It doesn't have the sticky afterburner problem that was commonplace with portovers, and is fully FSX native with bump (normal) maps, specular maps self shadowing etc. I'm building the installer tonight, that is if I can keep my eyes open. Not much longer to wait. :ernaehrung004:

Glad to hear! I still have my original B-58 purchase and am running it ported in FSX just fine. So far as I am concerned, that Flight Model was fine, very dynamic and challenging(one of the most in depth FDE's I recall using in FS9). The sound files are good to but I am using my SSW F-104 engine sounds in the portover B-58 and they sound amazing. I'm lined up ready to buy when you get it posted.

dvj
March 14th, 2014, 19:08

DX10 compatible?

centuryseries
March 14th, 2014, 23:38
DX10 compatible?

Yes it is.

Ended up going to sleep. Will be testing the installer later today, then so long as there are no problems, will be sending her off to the shops.

YoYo
March 15th, 2014, 02:59
Any pictures from Virtal cocpit?

centuryseries
March 15th, 2014, 11:53
Any pictures from Virtal cocpit?

http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/screenshots/VC_sm.jpg