PDA

View Full Version : CTD issues related to specific a/c

UncleTgt
March 6th, 2014, 12:23
I'm getting CTDs in both QC & missions with both of the following a/c:

Akemis J1N1 Gekko
Pakayans Ki 21 Sally

In both cases its related to the crash of a shot down plane.

As Akemis a/c was made for CFS2, I don't think it's a lightstates model issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, has anyone fixed it, & how?

Allen
March 6th, 2014, 12:35
Bad DP. Likely a DP box has for a part that is not in the DP. Can you attach both DPs?

UncleTgt
March 6th, 2014, 12:49
Allen,

Here you go

Allen
March 6th, 2014, 16:06
Give these a try. Delate the old CDP too.

UncleTgt
March 7th, 2014, 01:26
Hi Allen,

The boxmap fix for the Akemi Gekko worked like a charm.

I'm still getting CTD on the Pakayan Sally, so I'm pretty sure it's a mdl problem. I swapped with the dp from the Bruno Duffort Ki-21 just to make sure, & I still get a CTD when I make a kill - not every kill, but at least once per combat (usually the formation leader). Its always the nt.dll module message. If I use the Bruno Ki-21, I don't get a CTD - ergo it's probably something in the Pakayan model. I'd previously checked for the lightstates issue with a hex editor, but going by Shessi's experience, the automated searches don't always catch them all.

Pity, I'd like to be able to modify a ki21 to get a kamikaze Sally ... DD73 needs some for the BPF missions...

bearcat241
March 7th, 2014, 02:55
Uncletgt,

If you're fully persuaded that the mdl is the prob, you might make some headway on that Sally if you scasm the mdl for a thorough analysis and text editing and then recompile back to CFS2 mdl. Perhaps you should direct your focus to crash_check rather than lightstates. If lightstates were present, the AI engine wouldn't even allow this model to load, let alone into combat. You'd get CTD's just trying to load a mission with it. But crash_check entries would allow loading and some degree of combat until the dp calls up fx_fatal_explosion for sudden death in the air or fx_gndexpl for a crash.

The B24 Guy
March 8th, 2014, 13:16
Hi Uncletgt and all,
This is a very strange MDL prob. It only happens after you start the engines.
It took me awhile to track down and fix the problem. Here is the first corrected MDL. I will post the other one when I get it repaired.
Uncletgt forget the MDL I e-mailed you.

Regards,B24Guy

P.S. The KI21-II does not seem to have the problem.

UncleTgt
March 9th, 2014, 06:05
B24 Guy,

The fixed model works like a charm. Thank you :triumphant:

The B24 Guy
March 9th, 2014, 16:26
Your welcome UncleTgt.

Regards,
B24Guy