PDA

View Full Version : Reassigning VC switches

malibu43
March 6th, 2014, 10:29
Is it possible to reassign (or just remove) events linked to animated VC switches without the source files? Or is this something that is assigned before it's compiled into a .mdl file?

Milton Shupe
June 15th, 2014, 05:04
Is it possible to reassign (or just remove) events linked to animated VC switches without the source files? Or is this something that is assigned before it's compiled into a .mdl file?

I am sorry no one answered this when you asked, but for future reference, the answer is generally "no".

Some VC switches are animated 2D gauges and they can be changed in the panel.cfg.

However, most animated VC switches are 3D now, and that code is part of the model.

Hope this helps.

Victory103
July 11th, 2014, 01:21
About to start the search for info on this topic and here it is on SOH! Purchased a payware developer's rotary wing model that has many VC switches animated, but no function assigned that FSX is capable of, ie a functional APU or avionics master. The developer is noted as to not having the best customer support, so I was going to take the task on myself to add the switches.