PDA

View Full Version : Vought / Consolidated Seawolf

fde_bressy
March 5th, 2014, 09:52
I'm putting the final touch to two repaints for TBY-2 Seawolf for CFS2 by William N. Dickens available at Simviation
The fisrt one is painted in the colours of the (training) VT-154 US Navy squadron, at NAS Quonset Point, R.I, sole squadron equipped with this unhappy competitor of the Grumman TBF Avenger

The second one is painted in the colours of the last version of the Seawolf prototype, with added wing gunsand without the radar wing pod.

I also attached revised DP files, with addition of the wing guns fairings and historically correct payloads according to the maintainace manual, found on the net.
The serie version has 2 different DP files:
one with rockets and torpedo or heavy bombs
one with torpedo, wing tanks and the complete palette of bombs, including 12x100 lbs. bombs
I was obliged to split the payloads over 2 DP files, because of the limitation to 23 contact points in CFS II.
The prototype version has only the bombs DP
Also attached is a revised Aircraft.cfg file with adjusted contact points and eye point.
François de Bressy

Blood_Hawk23
March 5th, 2014, 11:10
Looking good.

Someone should do a new set of training missions. Maybe as a campaign. We have enough info and objects around to do some excellent setups. Just a thought.