PDA

View Full Version : "hot fix" tw raidal twin sound package!

TuFun
March 3rd, 2014, 12:53
I want to thank LHookins for his suggestion. I've made some changes to the sound.cfg file to try and fix some sound issues (loudness).

Make sure to back up the current sound.cfg file in the sound.TW folder. Copy the new sound.cfg into the sound.TW folder.

Changes:
1. Fuel pump boost sound lowered.

2. Internal cockpit sounds lowered.

Let me know if the certain sounds like left or right starter, left or right engine startup and general cockpit engine sounds left or right are either to loud or to soft.

Also, if it's all good let me know too! Thanks TuFun

Link: https://app.box.com/s/0n0oaurpagedifgem9bw

Bruce Thompson
March 3rd, 2014, 13:03
Thank you TuFun,

I will give this a try, just downloaded.

Regards

Bruce.

TuFun
March 3rd, 2014, 16:04
Thank you TuFun,

I will give this a try, just downloaded.

Regards

Bruce.

Thanks Bruce. I've been getting good reports from the P3Dv.2 crowd. "Thumbs up" and "best yet"... are some of the comments!

TuFun
March 3rd, 2014, 16:13
Was this sound mainly intended to replace the V2 C-47 sound files or...????

The soundset was designed around the slow startup of Manfred's C-47, but can be used on other aircraft if you wish.

If you already have the soundset installed, all is required is just replace with this new sound.cfg file.

Bruce Thompson
March 4th, 2014, 01:07
Hi TuFun,

Well I tried it and on my system I can't hear the fuel pump at all, I hear the switch click but no pump sound.
Exterior sounds o.k. but Interior sounds the same as exterior.
This is still the best we have ever had for a DC3/C47, I also us it on the C117.
Thank you for all your work Ted, this model and sounds are fantastic.

Regards

Bruce.

Rami
March 4th, 2014, 01:26
Bruce and others,

Good morning! TuFun asked me to revise the download again...this time, the download contains a sound.cfg file which "maxes out" the sound volume. Accordingly, I moved the package back to the front of the line.

However, for those who wish to not download the entire package again, I have included the revised sound.cfg in this attachment. I will keep it here for 48 hours, then delete it. Following that, you can find it in the package.

Have a great day!

Bruce Thompson
March 4th, 2014, 05:24
Hi Rami,

At the very bottom of the sound.cfg the fuel punp shows as fuel_pump_boost, if I remove the _ boost I can hear the pump again.

TuFun
March 4th, 2014, 11:36
Hi Rami,

At the very bottom of the sound.cfg the fuel punp shows as fuel_pump_boost, if I remove the _ boost I can hear the pump again.

Here's a short video of the startup/shutdown and how the fuel pump boost sounds with v.3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTC3u-EfPbg

If you need to raise the fuel pump boost sound higher...

change this # higher in the sound.cfg file.

[FUEL_PUMP]
filename = fuel_pump_boost
maximum_volume = 9000 <--- set higher say 9500 or 10000.

gray eagle
March 4th, 2014, 12:44
Bruce and others,

Good morning! TuFun asked me to revise the download again...this time, the download contains a sound.cfg file which "maxes out" the sound volume. Accordingly, I moved the package back to the front of the line.

However, for those who wish to not download the entire package again, I have included the revised sound.cfg in this attachment. I will keep it here for 48 hours, then delete it. Following that, you can find it in the package.

Have a great day!

Is this "HOT FIX" the SAME as what TUFUN posted earlier?

gray eagle
March 4th, 2014, 12:47
Here's a short video of the startup/shutdown and how the fuel pump boost sounds with v.3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTC3u-EfPbg

If you need to raise the fuel pump boost sound higher...

change this # higher in the sound.cfg file.

[FUEL_PUMP]
filename = fuel_pump_boost
maximum_volume = 9000 <--- set higher say 9500 or 10000.

Nice sounds however, it sounds imho about loud as the external sounds. I am glad you made the video; I have d/l your creation but did not install yet.
All I gather is the emphasis is on the fuel pump sounds. :untroubled:

gray eagle
March 4th, 2014, 12:56
OK....Whats the skinny here on the sound.zip fix files.
Which one is THE one to keep: :dizzy:

sound fix v.3 fix
Ted Wolfgang 11-03-2013
Update: 03-03-2014

then I have:

sound.zip
Ted Wolfgang 10-30-2013

and then I have:
sound.zip - I renamed it sound1.zip so
not to ovewrite the other sound.zip (See above)

Ted Wolfgang 11-03-2013
Update: 03-03-2014

Last one is one I just got from RAMI thread here.

Rami
March 4th, 2014, 13:35
Good evening,

I sent TuFun a PM and asked him to respond to this thread, since as it's his issue.

TuFun
March 4th, 2014, 13:38
Download the complete v.3 package will solve the issues, all fixes are included.

Rename or delete the old TW package and copy the new v.3 "sound.TW folder" into any large twin radial aircraft.

Rami
March 4th, 2014, 14:13
Good evening,

I deleted the "sound.cfg" file from this thread to avoid any confusion. Thanks, TuFun. :jump: