PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia Phantoms Drag Chutes

harrybasset
March 3rd, 2014, 04:57
I have just reinstalled the Virtavia freeware Phantom packs in Acceleration. I have tried to set up the drag chutes using C and V keys in both Concorde options but cannot get the chutes to deploy, is there another way to do it in Acceleration?

Ferry_vO
March 3rd, 2014, 05:19
The chute works with the water rudder command, control + W.

:)

harrybasset
March 3rd, 2014, 08:12
Thank you for the help Ferry. That works for me with Phantoms in Pack 3 but not in Packs 1 & 2.

dhazelgrove
March 3rd, 2014, 08:26
Have you tried 'reverse thrust' (F2)?
Did the USN/USMC variants have one fitted?

Dave

harrybasset
March 3rd, 2014, 10:05
I've tried F2 but it doesn't deploy the chute in Pack 1 & 2 Phantoms.

dhazelgrove
March 3rd, 2014, 10:42
Pack 3 animations:

Front canopy : shift-e
Rear canopy : shift-e-2
Tailhook - T key
Wingfold - F key
Drag chute - water rudder key (shift-W) Note, FG.1 has extendable nosewheel instead of drag chute. Drag chute is visual only, no retardation.
Refuel probe (not all models) - Concorde Visor keys (set up to use C and V)

The FS9 readme files say that the Concorde visor keys should operate the drag chute.

I don't have the other 2 packs installed.

Dave

harrybasset
March 3rd, 2014, 11:22
It's got me stumped for the minute. Control + W deploys the chute for Pack 3 Phantoms but nothing works for me with Packs 1 & 2. I've tried F2 like for some other Alphasim/Virtavia aircraft, Control +W, Shift+W, C and V but no chutes.

dhazelgrove
March 3rd, 2014, 21:34
It's got me stumped for the minute. Control + W deploys the chute for Pack 3 Phantoms but nothing works for me with Packs 1 & 2. I've tried F2 like for some other Alphasim/Virtavia aircraft, Control +W, Shift+W, C and V but no chutes.

This probably sounds daft, but: have you actually set up the Concorde commands? They're not default.

Dave

harrybasset
March 3rd, 2014, 23:18
I've set up Concorde nose commands in Acceleration to no avail. I've tried both Concorde options and neither set works, I've also reversed them just in case. There seems to have been some changes made to these Phantoms as in all packs the afterburners come on with full throttle and no other key presses despite what is said in some of the "Readme " files.

fsafranek
March 5th, 2014, 07:51
As I recall bringing an FS9 aircraft into FSX that used the Concorde nose commands was always an issue. I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last) but I think it had to do with the change in the wording of the command name. Short of getting into the code of the MDL I don't think there is a solution. Maybe ModelConverterX could be used somehow? Also, was there a chute with the first two packs?
:ernaehrung004:

harrybasset
March 5th, 2014, 10:42
All 3 packs have working chutes in FS9. I & 2 use Concorde visor settings. Pack 3 uses water rudder, Shift + W in FS9 Readme but Control + W in Acceleration commands. Pack 3 Readme notes chute is visual only with no braking effect, is this a clue?

Essex
March 7th, 2014, 11:58
Maybe ModelConverterX could be used somehow?

I've had a look at this in MCX, it seems to be a relatively easy conversion, the flaps require attention as do the VC switches etc. Once done an animated drag chute could be merged in.

I'm more interested in the FG.1 with it's extendable nosegear. This looks fine but is visual only, it doesn't increase the AOA. Is there any way we could have an independently controllable aux gear to jack the nose up properly?

johndetrick
March 7th, 2014, 12:46
Have you tried 'reverse thrust' (F2)?
Did the USN/USMC variants have one fitted?

Dave

Sure they did. Just not packed in that fancy bag the air force used. I stuffed more than a few chutes with a chock and a lot of muscle.