PDA

View Full Version : Flying teams/virtual airlines

mirage3
February 28th, 2014, 10:05
Hi :)

i would like to create a VA, and i wanted to know who would be a favorable to join a VA.
If you want, respond me here.:D
Cheers

Miro;)

strikehawk
February 28th, 2014, 17:01
Having started my own MilVA and now #3 for a current VA I'm going to tell you up front that it takes a lot of work to get one started and then keep it going. You say you want to start your own VA, that's great but, we need more info than that. I have two VA in operation in the past 10 years, one was a Navy VA, CAG40/CVW40 virtual, and the other still going is Black Lagoon Trade & Transport, a smuggling operation. The reason I mention these is this, you need to have a concept in mind for your VA with an outline of what you want to and a list of the aircraft you want to fly. You don't have to have a huge website but you should have at least a freewebs site with a couple of pages laying out what your goal is. Get that up and then post it, I can guarantee that you will have folks wanting to join. If you just say "let's make a VA, what should we do and fly?" you'll get one or two members that will have their own ideas about how things will run and you'll be in constant conflict. If you are serious, talk to me and I'll help. Warhawk 1130 is another member here that has experience with VA's, I'm sure I can get him to help mentor you. As I am already in a flying club/VA i won't join yours but I'll show you how to get started.

falcon409
February 28th, 2014, 18:12
Yep, what "strikehawk says". Given that your first thread saw over 200 views and only 4 posts (3 of which were your own), that tells you something. You also advertised that you were looking at "flight Team and Airlines". . .pretty conflicting info there. If you don't have a plan in place. . .and you wait to see how many are interested before you start a plan. . .you'll be going backwards and folks will lose interest before you ever get airplanes in the air. Most will expect that as soon as they say "yes, I'm ready to join", that they'll be flying Missions by the weekend. That doesn't appear to be the case right now. . .so if you really want to make this work. . .get with strikehawk and let him and others he knows talk you through what's involved. By the time they're done, you'll either decide how you want to proceed or realize it was way more work than you bargained for.

mirage3
March 1st, 2014, 05:44
Yes, my idea was for a simply Navy-VA, and the most important aspect is to have fun and simulate...
As soon, i am confused what i do. I have created a Beta-Website that explains what i would say "what we makes". :sly:

But, i am the only pilot, and for a VA >---» ten or more pilots. :beer:My error was to not make that in 20 foundation members but myself.
Means you that my VA can stay alive :screwy: or that it will be dead? :(

falcon409
March 1st, 2014, 06:08
Yes, my idea was for a simply Navy-VA, and the most important aspect is to have fun and simulate...
As soon, i am confused what i do. I have created a Beta-Website that explains what i would say "what we makes".

But, i am the only pilot, and for a VA >---» ten or more pilots. My error was to not make that in 20 foundation members but myself.
Means you that my VA can stay alive, or that it will be dead?
Getting enough pilots to fly on a regular basis is not easy. You could get as many as 50 pilots to sign up initially, only to find that maybe 5 out of those actually show up to fly at all. Folks have all sorts of reasons for why they can't fly on a regular basis, so even if you do get a lot of pilots to sign up. . . .you'll find that a very small number of them will fly all the time. If you don't have realistic missions set up, or logical flights that your pilots can fly, then you'll lose them pretty quickly. In other words if all you plan to do is have a bunch of pilots get in Navy airplanes and fly from point "A" to point "B". . . .and that's the extent of it. . .probably won't last very long.

It will take a lot of planning, to get the VA structure set up. . .Officers in place, Training Scenarios, Advancement testing and so on. Just for starters.

mirage3
March 1st, 2014, 08:45
Yes, but to attract :o what to do?
i have searched a lot of solutions...:banghead: but not good solutions, maybe...:beer: someone would like to join it.
Can you help me?
i' m a little bit confused...:confused:
Ciao!

Miro:thumbup:

falcon409
March 1st, 2014, 09:36
Yes, but to attract :o what to do?
i have searched a lot of solutions...:banghead: but not good solutions, maybe...:beer: someone would like to join it.
Can you help me?
i' m a little bit confused...:confused:
Ciao!

Miro:thumbup:
Send a PM to strikehawk. He's already said he's willing to walk you through the setup and show you what to do. That would be your first step.

mirage3
March 3rd, 2014, 03:45
Yes, thank you !!! :D
Cheers