PDA

View Full Version : P-61 black widow

mvg3d
February 27th, 2014, 01:01
Hi Friends,
A SILLY QUESTION : Where I can find the Mr.Itoh's P-61 "NO TURRET" modified model ?

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

kelticheart
February 27th, 2014, 01:23
Hi Friends,
A SILLY QUESTION : Where I can find the Mr.Itoh's P-61 "NO TURRET" modified model ?

Right here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=57&id=951

another great job from Shessi's Aviation Workshop!

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

mvg3d
February 27th, 2014, 01:44
Right here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=57&id=951

another great job from Shessi's Aviation Workshop!

Cheers!

Hi Kelticheart,
I downloaded the file, but it doesn't contain a "mdl" file, only textures, the readme file reports a "modified model"...... The turret "disappears" with the Alpha channel ?

kelticheart
February 27th, 2014, 02:12
Hi Kelticheart,
I downloaded the file, but it doesn't contain a "mdl" file, only textures, the readme file reports a "modified model"...... The turret "disappears" with the Alpha channel ?

Hi mvg3d,

I went back into all of the repaints uploaded by Shessi and you are right, they do not contain an *.mdl. Since I remembered Shessi did all the work all I did was to run a search through SOH CFS2 library, with Shessi- Kazunori Ito as search keys.

Since there was an agreement with Mr. Ito that we could not upload modified *.mdls for use in combat simulations, I guess Shessi duly complied with it.

On the other hand, nothing forbids Shessi to mail you his conversion files as a "private exchange". My best suggestion for you is to get in touch with Shessi via PM and ask him for the modified P-61 *.mdl file without the top gun turret. If I remember correctly, Shessi was able to carry out a conversion of the aircraft model and the turret is not hidden via alpha channel, but physically removed from it.

The regular model can be easily converted with Morton/Hsu conversion utility.

Cheers!