PDA

View Full Version : T28A Trojan donationware public beta test

anthony31
February 19th, 2014, 13:34
Hiya

Hello all

Ant's Airplanes T28A Trojan is now available for public beta testing.

This aircraft will not be payware, it will be released as donationware with users asked to make a donation to aussiex.org or sim-outhouse.com if they enjoy the plane. It will only be made available for download from antsairplanes.com, aussiex and sim-outhouse.

It will also serve as the demo model for anyone who wants to try before they buy the bigger engined payware T28B/C and D models. How cool is that? A demo version that you can keep and call your own that you can love and hug and kiss and love and hug and kiss. Don't let your wife get jealous.

Download from here (140MB in size)

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsT28AV090.exe

installer contains versions for both FSX and P3D V2. Only limitation is BETA written into the bump map on the nose.

Any comments please reply to this post.

Ferry_vO
February 19th, 2014, 13:38
Downloading right now, will take it for a flight tomorrow! Thanks Anthony! :encouragement:

Scratch
February 19th, 2014, 15:08
Wow! That's awfully generous. I don't have time to fly right now, but I will donate and download and purchase your payware T28 also.:applause:

Sundog
February 19th, 2014, 15:30
That's very generous of you Anthony. I see more donating in the near future. ;)

Ickie
February 19th, 2014, 15:44
I seen the word Trojan and thought we had a bug in our library, lol
I really hated to look, as it meant work for me:pop4:

henrystreet
February 19th, 2014, 17:26
Anthony,

Really appreciate your extra dedication to getting a full series of this iconic and under appreciated trainer. A lot of those jet jockeys in the Tonkin Gulf Club got their starts in this old bird.

Thanks a million for completing my/your set of T-28's.

manfredc3
February 19th, 2014, 23:41
Great offer.

JUst downloaded it, and will give it a spin tomorrow.

A donation.... Heck yeah, well deserved.

modelr
February 20th, 2014, 03:11
Thank You, Anthony. Great gift, idea!

Downloading now. Will be donating to SOH. Hope to fly later today.

Will the BETA markings be permanent if a donation is made?

chet twowolves
February 20th, 2014, 06:00
Just downloaded it. fly it later today

WarHorse47
February 20th, 2014, 06:05
Thanks, Anthony. Great addition.

I didn't see the Beta markings. Is that because of my earlier donations to SOH? I plan to make another once things are sorted out.

bentwing
February 20th, 2014, 06:27
Thank you, Anthony! Very generous!:encouragement:

findus
February 20th, 2014, 06:30
Thx a lot for this great airplane!!!

rsgunner
February 20th, 2014, 06:50
Thank you.

Just did a quick flight around NASP.

Russ

William Njurmi
February 20th, 2014, 07:14
I didnīt see any "beta" signs either and Iīm one of those selfish persons who havenīt donated anything anywhere. But I wish to thank you wholeheartedly for this great addon and I will purchase the later models ASAP.

Bruce Thompson
February 20th, 2014, 09:49
Thank you Anthony this goes well with the T28 I bought from you last year.:applause::applause::applause:

roger-wilco-66
February 20th, 2014, 10:24
My hat is off to you, Anthony, for supporting the FS communities by this generous gift to us all. I ilke that concept, and will support it fom my side by buying the full version. I tried the offered beta and it is top notch and perfect to me! The VC is awesome, as the rest!

Cheers,
Mark

chet twowolves
February 20th, 2014, 12:09
What an outstanding plane . Handles great. Again a great plane. Thank you.

Dave Torkington
February 20th, 2014, 12:33
Very nice surprise indeed! Thank you Anthony :applause:

Ferry_vO
February 20th, 2014, 13:27
I didn't see the Beta markings. Is that because of my earlier donations to SOH? I plan to make another once things are sorted out.

WH, if you look closely, and with the right lightning, you can see the word 'beta' in the bumpmap of the texture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-2021-56-07-91_zps09d51d90.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-2021-56-07-91_zps09d51d90.jpg.html)

It is a great aircraft, fun to explore the differences between this and the later models. The B,C and D are real hot rods compared to the A!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-2021-59-55-52_zps5b6303a5.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-2021-59-55-52_zps5b6303a5.jpg.html)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-2022-00-18-24_zpsad719d35.jpg~original (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Ferror/media/Flightsim/fsx2014-02-2022-00-18-24_zpsad719d35.jpg.html)

WarHorse47
February 20th, 2014, 14:21
Ah.. I see it now. I was looking at the cowling.

Beautiful regardless.

doublecool
February 20th, 2014, 15:35
Nice way to Finish a brillant product line
Have them all D the B and C... and will gladly donate for your A

Thank you Ant's :applause::applause::applause:

manfredc3
February 20th, 2014, 18:28
Well, spent all evening flying this beauty.

Definitely one that will be taken out of the hangar for a spin frequently.

Great job, and thanks so much for offering it as a beta. Certainly worth a donation.

ColoKent
February 20th, 2014, 20:38
...does the "beta" come off?

Kent

anthony31
February 20th, 2014, 23:48
The BETA will come off when it is ready for a full release. I've gotten some good feedback emails from some people already. It's always nice to hear from real pilots who have flown the actual aircraft and it helps to tweak the aircraft for the final release.

CG_1976
February 21st, 2014, 00:12
Hum will it install to P3DV1.4??? I am still fooling around with P3DV2 and dialing it in with my Canadian Custom Northern Warning Scenery.

ColoKent
February 21st, 2014, 02:33
The BETA will come off when it is ready for a full release. I've gotten some good feedback emails from some people already. It's always nice to hear from real pilots who have flown the actual aircraft and it helps to tweak the aircraft for the final release.

Good deal, Anthony. Looking forward to donating and trying the -A (I'm on the road on a business trip at the moment....).

Kent

skyhawka4m
February 21st, 2014, 03:41
have found no issues and flys very nice. Love this variant. Looking forward to donating for the final release.

Bill Kestell
February 21st, 2014, 09:00
Anthony ... well, it was more then good enough for me to buy the other 2! Great promo!

bmd
February 21st, 2014, 09:11
Hello Antony,

Thank you for this masterpiece of aviation modeling. I like the T28A with its old looking gauges. The VC give me the impression to be in the real cockpit. Great work. Bravo.

I have made a donation to sim-outhouse. It is important for me to support the community. Thank for the help your beta model will give to then.

Have a good day

Benoitt

manfredc3
February 21st, 2014, 11:27
Took the T28 Beta out for a spin this morning, and ran into a cockpit transparency issue.

Area: FTX KORS,
Weather: REX Ess + OD. It was a very clowdy day.

Situation: Outside view, Locked spot view.

Issue description: While panning around the aircraft, I could see the pilot and look through the cockpit, showing the clouds on the other side of the cockpit.

At some point, while panning around, the cockpit turned completely white, as if it was filled with smoke. Couldn't even see the pilot.
And no, it was not reflection of the sun, as the area was covered under clouds. I even panned to a position where I could look for an opening in the sky, where the sun might have been peeking down, but there was none.
Panning back to the same view position, and the issue re-appeared.
As I was showing off the airplane to a visiting friend, I forgot to take screenshots, darned.

Anthony, I hope this is of help to you.

You can contact me if you need more information.

Other than that I am really enjoying this bird.

Update:

I recreated the flight with the same result. I did figure out it's the sun glare on the canopy. Looks a bit too bright, and shouldn't in an overcast scenery.
As I use Shade4FSX when loading, I went and re-loaded fsx without Shade4FSX. It's giving the same result, so at least I know that Shade4FSX has no influence.
Is there a way I can tone down the brightness of the sun glare on the canopy?

Cirrus N210MS
February 21st, 2014, 17:16
Great Job on the T28s i love them i fly them i have the Other pack and they are my idea of a crusing plane for checking out my scenery! for sure

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31/1417779_10202579308077533_435289808_o.jpg

sbp
February 21st, 2014, 17:57
B-U-T-I-FUL! Luvit, Luvit, Luvit!

Will donate for sure.

Thank you Ant's!

SBP .......

anthony31
February 21st, 2014, 20:10
Took the T28 Beta out for a spin this morning, and ran into a cockpit transparency issue.

Area: FTX KORS,
Weather: REX Ess + OD. It was a very clowdy day.

Situation: Outside view, Locked spot view.

Issue description: While panning around the aircraft, I could see the pilot and look through the cockpit, showing the clouds on the other side of the cockpit.

At some point, while panning around, the cockpit turned completely white, as if it was filled with smoke. Couldn't even see the pilot.
And no, it was not reflection of the sun, as the area was covered under clouds. I even panned to a position where I could look for an opening in the sky, where the sun might have been peeking down, but there was none.
Panning back to the same view position, and the issue re-appeared.
As I was showing off the airplane to a visiting friend, I forgot to take screenshots, darned.

Anthony, I hope this is of help to you.

You can contact me if you need more information.

Other than that I am really enjoying this bird.

Update:

I recreated the flight with the same result. I did figure out it's the sun glare on the canopy. Looks a bit too bright, and shouldn't in an overcast scenery.
As I use Shade4FSX when loading, I went and re-loaded fsx without Shade4FSX. It's giving the same result, so at least I know that Shade4FSX has no influence.
Is there a way I can tone down the brightness of the sun glare on the canopy?

Fogging? Easy way to test is to open the Animation Manager Animations tab and turn off VC rain, ice and fog effects. If the cockpit immediately clears up then you have fogged up your windscreen. A screenshot would be great though.

Regarding the user in P3D V1.4: The P3D version is only compatible with V2.0 or later. This is because the model compiler is different with V2.0 which makes it impossible to use V2.0 models in FSX or earlier versions of P3D. You can use the installer to install the FSX version into P3D V1.4 by changing the installation loaction to Program Files (x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D

UPDATES TO T28B/C/D: Once I have finished the T-28A I will upload updates for the T28B/C and D at around the same time. These will have a few bug fixes, P3D V2 versions and the new sounds I made for the T-28A.

ZsoltB
February 21st, 2014, 21:22
Thank you very much!

Very good sound!

Dumonceau
February 22nd, 2014, 04:19
Thank you very much!

Very good sound!

I concur! The modelling is exquisite, and the sounds are brilliant!

I have a question though: how come this model is easier to fly that the higher powered D version? Am I missing something here?

But Anthony, thank you so much for this very nice gift!

Dumonceau

mal998
February 22nd, 2014, 05:19
Very nice model. Great job on the flight dynamics!

Sieggie
February 22nd, 2014, 09:10
Great model, goes well with the other T28s. I have found a couple of things for you to correct in the next release. My sound defaulted to off in the Popup. After changing custom sound to on, I had to change to a different window to save. The other T28s will not save from the sound popup either.

Pretty minor I know, but since it is a Beta, I had to find something for you to fix and that was all I could find :)

Dave

Bomber_12th
February 22nd, 2014, 09:11
I have a question though: how come this model is easier to fly that the higher powered D version? Am I missing something here?

Have you installed the latest/updated D-model? The updated D-model is an easier aircraft to fly than when it was originally released. This A-model feels very much the same as the updated D-model flight dynamics (and I'm sure the B/C as well) - the A is of course much more under-powered, and you don't have to be as "ahead of the aircraft" as you do with the more powerful later variants. These latest flight models, for all of the variants, are superb.

If you open the manager window (shift+4) and go to the Animations page, their is a selection for "Realistic Prop Torque Effect". If you make a change to this, you will need to save it and reload the aircraft over again from the aircraft selection menu. This will provide a bit more of a challenge when flying the aircraft, especially on take-off.

Bomber_12th
February 22nd, 2014, 09:57
Anthony, I just want to say a huge thanks for going the extra mile and producing these different variants of the T-28, and the methodology behind the product releases and the extent of what you get for the price - truly incredible in my eyes! I noticed the sound of the engine to even be different between this R-1300 powered A-model and the R-1820 powered later models. I'm looking forward to the final variation and making the easy donation for it.

With those large two-bladed Aeroproducts props, the A-models always have looked rather like rubber-band powered wind-up models to me. : )

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/Bomber_12th001/t28a_1_zpsbc12acfc.jpg~original (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Bomber_12th/media/Bomber_12th001/t28a_1_zpsbc12acfc.jpg.html)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/Bomber_12th001/t28a_2_zps56de57ff.jpg~original (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Bomber_12th/media/Bomber_12th001/t28a_2_zps56de57ff.jpg.html)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/Bomber_12th001/t28a_3_zps62bba540.jpg~original (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Bomber_12th/media/Bomber_12th001/t28a_3_zps62bba540.jpg.html)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/Bomber_12th001/t28a_4_zpsd6d4d8ef.jpg~original (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Bomber_12th/media/Bomber_12th001/t28a_4_zpsd6d4d8ef.jpg.html)

Bomber_12th
February 22nd, 2014, 09:59
Of course I had to fly the more brutish D-model as well for some comparison observations. : )

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/Bomber_12th001/t28d_1_zpsa12020c3.jpg~original (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Bomber_12th/media/Bomber_12th001/t28d_1_zpsa12020c3.jpg.html)

Dumonceau
February 22nd, 2014, 10:12
Have you installed the latest/updated D-model? The updated D-model is an easier aircraft to fly than when it was originally released. This A-model feels very much the same as the updated D-model flight dynamics (and I'm sure the B/C as well) - the A is of course much more under-powered, and you don't have to be as "ahead of the aircraft" as you do with the more powerful later variants. These latest flight models, for all of the variants, are superb.

If you open the manager window (shift+4) and go to the Animations page, their is a selection for "Realistic Prop Torque Effect". If you make a change to this, you will need to save it and reload the aircraft over again from the aircraft selection menu. This will provide a bit more of a challenge when flying the aircraft, especially on take-off.

Thanks Bomber! Where can we get the update??

Dumonceau

modelr
February 22nd, 2014, 10:44
Managed to get a quick flight in yesterday in P3DV2. Looked and flew fantastic. Didn't get any screenies, darn. Was having to much fun feeling her out. Thank You for this excellent aircraft, Anthony.

NathanT28
February 22nd, 2014, 12:34
I will donate once the finished "A" is done, I just bought the B/C and D, worth the 39.90 and OMG I love it. I also along time ago watched Jeff Ehtells T-28 Video and since then fell in love with the Trojan.

T6flyer
February 22nd, 2014, 14:20
Will donate and haven't even had the chance to try it out yet! My real life experiences have been in the T-28B and the Fennec, but have always had an interest in the A model. Suppose in a way, I have flown one before, as the Fennec was a converted A model.

Many thanks,

Martin

anthony31
February 22nd, 2014, 16:05
The A may be easier to fly due to a couple of things. I've updated the flight dynamics (you could spend the rest of your life fiddling and tweaking flight dynamics) with particular attention to the elevator controls and the A has a much less powerful engine so engine torque is a lot less of a problem.

You can check the current version of any T-28 aircraft by checking the pilot's handbook, the version number is on the top of each page. Current versions are 1.0 for B/C and 2.0 for D. All retailers currently have the latest version available for download from your user account.

I am currently working versions 1.1 and 2.1 for the B/C and D which will incorporate the changes to the flight dynamics and sounds and other bug fixes and these should be available at the same time the release version of the T-28A is done.

ryanbatc
February 24th, 2014, 08:15
So far I've got two comments (haven't had a lot of time to test or fly)

1) When I open shift+4 popup, and adjust controls per the manual initial setup, I cannot get back to the "home page" unless clicking through remaining pages. Maybe there could be a "Home" button?

2) Autostart feature doesn't seem to do the gen cover animation. I think the generator is on but it doesn't close the guard.

anthony31
February 24th, 2014, 18:07
So far I've got two comments (haven't had a lot of time to test or fly)

1) When I open shift+4 popup, and adjust controls per the manual initial setup, I cannot get back to the "home page" unless clicking through remaining pages. Maybe there could be a "Home" button?

2) Autostart feature doesn't seem to do the gen cover animation. I think the generator is on but it doesn't close the guard.

1. Top of the page where it says FRONT COVER click on that to get back to the home page.

2. Cmon now, you can't be that lazy that you can't flick a little cover? :) (P.S. I'll see what I can do)

ryanbatc
February 24th, 2014, 18:20
Ooops I missed that part, sorry!

Another thing I found...

Flying online the frequencies don't seem to operate. But they will after I fly another plane like the default c172 then switch. To clarify... if I load with the T28, tune in the frequency I need (the switch is in T+R and I'm using channel 1 freq) nothing works - I can't talk to ATC. But if I load another addon, fly that around, land, switch to the T28, the frequency does work.

One thing to note on my setup is I use default C172 cold and dark for a initial load flight. I wonder if something isn't initializing with the avionics?

griphos
February 25th, 2014, 06:25
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite planes. Ant, you have a way of making aircraft that are clearly faithful and distinctive and fun to fly. I have all of your addon aircraft (and all your scenery for that matter). The Drifter is amazing. And the Eaglet is the closest plane I can get for FSX to the FD CLTS I fly in RL. I don't know why it took me so long to be interested in this Trojan, but this demo sure did the trick. Bought the -D model yesterday.

I'll buy whatever you put out there at this point.

Oh, and thanks for so quickly fixing the online flooding problem!!

res non verba
February 26th, 2014, 02:27
What a pleasure to fly this bird, thanks... I will certainly buy it!!!

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b587/resnonverba/2014-2-26_11-7-43-187_zps5c887409.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/resnonverba/media/2014-2-26_11-7-43-187_zps5c887409.jpg.html)

:ernaehrung004:

jbDC9
February 26th, 2014, 08:07
So I'm a bit late to the thread here, but wow! What a cool surprise to see this T-28A... and coincidental timing for me since just 2 months ago we (a group) just bought a really nice, clean, low time T-28A. I can't afford the care and feeding of one of these on my own, but as a group of 5 pilots buying a small engine "A" model, it should be manageable. I'm not a high time 28 driver by any stretch, only 5 hours in it so far, but what a sweet, nice flying airplane. The beauty of an A compared to the big engine beasts are smaller fuel burn and no type rating or LOA required; my checkout hop was an hour... the usual airwork and 3 landings, done. I'm sure the 1820 powered ships will blow this thing away performance-wise, but who cares!! This thing is a hoot to fly and it's easier at the fuel pump.

This FSX T-28A model is a thing of beauty; absolutely spot on with the visual model, the cockpit is just perfect, the sound is the real deal R-1300. Love the sound of a low pass from the tower view, it's just cool and funky! The performance and handling seems right on the mark as well, power settings/speeds are what I've seen in the real thing. The ailerons seem just right, but on the real ship, the aileron feel is adjustable; there's a tab adjustment to be made (by ground mechanic) on the ailerons that can either make 'em light as a feather with no real feedback, or can be made to be like set in concrete, both hands on the stick to get it to roll. I prefer somewhere in the middle!

My only beef with this model is the elevators seem to be a bit touchy at low speed in the landing flare, but I can tweak that. Also, it needs the later model low canopy and a 3 blade prop mod, it just looks better... but I keed, I keed!

Fantastic job Anthony, and thanks! Hope y'all don't mind if I post a coupla pics...

http://i58.tinypic.com/rhq3yc.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/23rpyqc.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/qp5mjd.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/ws34mx.jpg

Sundog
February 26th, 2014, 09:58
If you hit Shift+4 in the T-28A in the sim, you can can go to one of the pages there and adjust the right trim tab for the FDE in the sim.

Beautiful T-28A you have there, I'm jealous. :)

ryanbatc
February 26th, 2014, 10:17
Oooh looks nice - where are you guys flying that out of?

griphos
February 26th, 2014, 13:15
Wow, that's really neat. What a treat and a responsibility to be part of preserving such an aircraft. Thanks for the pics. Lovely bird!

anthony31
February 26th, 2014, 13:15
So I'm a bit late to the thread here, but wow! What a cool surprise to see this T-28A... and coincidental timing for me since just 2 months ago we (a group) just bought a really nice, clean, low time T-28A. I can't afford the care and feeding of one of these on my own, but as a group of 5 pilots buying a small engine "A" model, it should be manageable. I'm not a high time 28 driver by any stretch, only 5 hours in it so far, but what a sweet, nice flying airplane. The beauty of an A compared to the big engine beasts are smaller fuel burn and no type rating or LOA required; my checkout hop was an hour... the usual airwork and 3 landings, done. I'm sure the 1820 powered ships will blow this thing away performance-wise, but who cares!! This thing is a hoot to fly and it's easier at the fuel pump.

This FSX T-28A model is a thing of beauty; absolutely spot on with the visual model, the cockpit is just perfect, the sound is the real deal R-1300. Love the sound of a low pass from the tower view, it's just cool and funky! The performance and handling seems right on the mark as well, power settings/speeds are what I've seen in the real thing. The ailerons seem just right, but on the real ship, the aileron feel is adjustable; there's a tab adjustment to be made (by ground mechanic) on the ailerons that can either make 'em light as a feather with no real feedback, or can be made to be like set in concrete, both hands on the stick to get it to roll. I prefer somewhere in the middle!

My only beef with this model is the elevators seem to be a bit touchy at low speed in the landing flare, but I can tweak that. Also, it needs the later model low canopy and a 3 blade prop mod, it just looks better... but I keed, I keed!

Fantastic job Anthony, and thanks! Hope y'all don't mind if I post a coupla pics...

That's a nifty plane you've got there and I'm sure you will love it (T28 pilots never seem to have a bad word to say about the plane).

Interesting to see you have the armament package as well. These are rather rare things and it sure was tricky trying to model them for the T28 as there isn't much documentation or photos about and the original plane (VH-TRO) didn't have the weapons package.

WarHorse47
February 26th, 2014, 14:05
Hope I don't get into trouble for this, but I just had to share.

If you are on Facebook, look for the Victoria Air Maintenance Ltd. page and you will see their new profile photo.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/VictoriaAirMaintenceFBpage_zps67362275.jpg

Kinda brings a tear to one's eye.

jbDC9
February 26th, 2014, 16:35
Interesting to see you have the armament package as well. These are rather rare things and it sure was tricky trying to model them for the T28 as there isn't much documentation or photos about and the original plane (VH-TRO) didn't have the weapons package.

Yup, that's one cool thing about this T-28, it came with a full weapons package; two 2 rocket rails in the pics, two 3 rocket rails like you have modeled, 2 100 lb bombs and the gun pods plus gunsight. I think you're right on the rare part, we just sold the 3 rocket rails (rails only, no rockets) to someone for $3,000US. We still have plenty of stuff to hang on the wings and now have an extra 3 grand in the maintenance fund, which is rather nice. I don't think we'll actually mount/fly the bombs or gun pods much; lotta extra weight and drag... the manual shows a 10 kt loss of cruise speed with that stuff hanging. The currently mounted dual rocket setup seems fairly light and "low drag". Plus, they're kinda cool when out flying west of Houston (Texas) around the Brazos River; trolling down the river looking for VC sampans to blow up... fun stuff.

Now, off to donate to sim-outhouse for this fine aeroplane.

ZsoltB
March 1st, 2014, 20:11
http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsT28AV091.zip

:encouragement:

CG_1976
March 1st, 2014, 20:45
Ant, just a ? please. I went to here http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2694. Is this only FSX or P3DV2.1?? I was going to buy it as this donation one really impressed me.

anthony31
March 2nd, 2014, 00:16
Ant, just a ? please. I went to here http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2694. Is this only FSX or P3DV2.1?? I was going to buy it as this donation one really impressed me.

Give it a week. That one at the moment is only version 1.0 of the B/C . I've just emailed the details of the new version 1.1 of the B/C and 2.1 of the D to all retailers and it will take them a while to update their files.

The T28B/C version 1.1 will be 310MB in size and the T28D version 2.1 will be 208MB.

I have removed the links to the public beta version of the T-28A and will upload the final version sometime next week.

Thanks to all those who provided comments and feedback.

ryanbatc
March 2nd, 2014, 03:43
Seriously excellent plane! Somehow you managed to pack amazing features in for such a low price! Craaazzzzyyyy!

There was only one downfall I noticed - the A (and the D from my testing) seems to affect VAS pretty well - about 700 MB. Not terrible but not great either.

Maj Kong
March 2nd, 2014, 10:40
Is there any difference between the public Beta and the on I downloaded a week or so ago (before I sent my donation)?
Looks and flies great for me even with that almost invisible Beta on the nose.

anthony31
March 2nd, 2014, 14:07
The final release will have a number of fixes beyond the original public beta (V090).

Some of these are rather important if using P3D (ie preventing memory leaks).

There were also a few missing textures and one extra texture definition in the models.

Also for MP the flooding issue looks to have been solved (which it wasn't completely in V090).

There are also changes to some bugs in the armaments panel (mainly to do with the bomb dropping) and the rocket speed was not being updated correctly so rockets didn't fly as far as possible.

So, to sum up, when the final release of the T-28A is available (some time this week I hope) make sure you download that as there were quite a few bug fixes from the public beta.