PDA

View Full Version : Betty Bombers

bobhegf
February 19th, 2014, 07:50
I need a quick fix for the Betty bomber`s rear gun.

vidal
February 19th, 2014, 08:52
Change the trigger button for it from cannon to gun. This it is I recall I have done a long time ago. Hope my memory is OK ...

Blood_Hawk23
February 19th, 2014, 09:27
"REAR GUNNER ACCURACY

Evil rear gunners
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,
As most of us CFS2er’s know the AI gunners have better aim than today’s smart bombs.
I mean come on, I was 2000ft above a Val and I made a high speed pass and got hit four times.
Dead center hits too. Two hits on the engine and two on the fuselage.
The most common fix for this is to reduce the range at witch the gunners open fire.
The other thing is to reduce the rate of fire.
These fixes work OK, but introduce unrealistic behavior.
I mean if I were rear gunner, I would give an attacking aircraft a burst, even if I new he was out of range, just to let him know I got my eye on him.
Well to make a long story short, last night I got one of my ideas. “What if I introduce an error factor on the bullets?” So I gave it a try. First, to make sure it would give the effect I was after, I offset the angle by 10deg., and those gunners could not hit the broad side of a barn as they say. Lot of tracers flying by, but no hits. This is good. I now have it set at 1deg. and so far I like it.
I think it is more realistic because the closer you get the less the error becomes and the chances of getting hit increase. Also, when you do get hit, it is no longer dead center.
If you would like to try it, use DPED to open the Aircraft’s DP file and change the L/R angle of the rear gunners bullets form 0 to 1. If you think you are not getting hit enough change it to 0.5 or 0.75.
Overwrite and del the CDP file and let me know what you think.

B24Guy

Set the box marked "Trigger" to "0 Guns" and the box marked "Spec" to "2 Cannon"
I think that prehaps the box labled "Trigger" in DPED is really the "Spec" and vice-a-versa. Because the box marked "Spec" controls the player's trigger button.
Try it. You will be glad you did."

Not sure if thats what you neded. hope it helps.

kwb737
February 19th, 2014, 13:08
Thanks for the info Blood hawk. I applied your suggested setting for my F1M2 Pete. That little suckers rear gunner would just tear my behind up! I lost track how many times he sent me down in flames. Now it's a lot more realistic and I have fighting chance. Thanks again. http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/3.gif

Blood_Hawk23
February 19th, 2014, 14:44
Thanks for the info Blood hawk. I applied your suggested setting for my F1M2 Pete. That little suckers rear gunner would just tear my behind up! I lost track how many times he sent me down in flames. Now it's a lot more realistic and I have fighting chance. Thanks again. http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/3.gif

Glad it helped
Actually thank the B24Guy. Its his post originally. That was from a doc I have. I think Fibber put it all together. I've been looking for info on my weapons. Bob said info on the Betty and I remembered that.

So you are welcome and thank you to everyone who made it possible to help you. :applause::biggrin-new:

kwb737
February 19th, 2014, 15:24
Glad it helped
Actually thank the B24Guy. Its his post originally. That was from a doc I have. I think Fibber put it all together. I've been looking for info on my weapons. Bob said info on the Betty and I remembered that.

So you are welcome and thank you to everyone who made it possible to help you. :applause::biggrin-new:

OK, then a big thanks also to the B24Guy! Sure made things a lot more enjoyable! http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/fighting/75.gif

bobhegf
February 19th, 2014, 15:42
I thank you to. Where can I the program Dped?

kwb737
February 19th, 2014, 15:55
I thank you to. Where can I the program Dped?

I got mine at simviation at the very bottom.
http://simviation.com//cfs2utilities1.htm