PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting...

Helldiver
February 18th, 2014, 10:53
I sent all I owned on Helldivers to Razbam when I was 79 years old. I'm now 86 years old. I wouldn't hold my breath looking for a SB2C from that quarter.
I wish now that I had sent it to Tim Conrad.
It takes seven years to design an airplane?

guzler
February 18th, 2014, 11:22
Is it your age or the fact that you served your country that gives you the privilege to insult?

SkippyBing
February 18th, 2014, 13:37
Seven years, just think you could have taught yourself gMax in that time and made your own...

spins_vmfa321
February 18th, 2014, 13:54
Is it your age or the fact that you served your country that gives you the privilege to insult?

Not to start a flame war, honestly I am not... but it is his right to level criticism just a citizen. As well, he is someone who was excited to help a group produce a product that is near and dear to him, and he supplied information to help them achieve that. So, of course he'd have some expectations.

Helldiver,
I can tell you from my personal experience, it can take quite a while to produce high detail projects. To get everything we want in requires alot of development time, which starts with not just having the tools and information, but also having the people to help you do it. I have been working on an FA-18 project for just about 10 years since I first made my first iteration of the model. I'm finally getting the support behind it to produce the systems with the fidelity that I've always wanted, and this has happened in the last month and a half. Before that, the average it'd take for past projects was generally 3 to 4 years.

I know the wait is excessive, and not to speak for Razbam (I am not affiliated with them nor know what the hold up could be), but priorities change, assets change, and life circumstances change. To say "be patient" I feel like would be an insult to you, but sir, that's all I could really suggest.

Semper Fi, sir,
Jamal

AussieMan
February 18th, 2014, 14:02
Well said Jamal. All I can say to guzzler and SkippyBing is to cool it and have some respect for someone who has not only served his country but also has real life health problems which I believe stem from a stroke he had several years ago. I also feel that your replies were rather insulting.

PutPut
February 18th, 2014, 14:04
I can't find the post, but, I believe Razbam stated here a few months back that he had lost the modeler doing the virtual cockpit and not much was going to happen until he found a new one. I would really like to see this project completed. I am a freeware developer myself and find the VC the hardest part of the project to get right.

Best, Paul

Tako_Kichi
February 18th, 2014, 14:12
I am a freeware developer myself and find the VC the hardest part of the project to get right.

Isn't that the truth! The exterior of an aircraft can be done in a couple of weeks (depending on complexity) but the VC can take many months especially if you are also modelling all the 3D gauges.

Then add all the textures and that's several more weeks gone.

SkippyBing
February 18th, 2014, 14:15
Whereas his opening post was sweetness and light.

I also fail to see how his personal circumstances change things, I've met plenty of people who've served their country and have health problems who aren't rude.

trucker17
February 18th, 2014, 14:16
Well said Jamal and Aussieman.....
Most people today have no idea what its like to serve, or what has been given to protect the way of life they have become accustomed.....

Daveroo
February 18th, 2014, 14:26
im going to pitch in myself,Helldiver deserves some respect from all of us,yes his age,his world war two experience,and the fact he gave Razbam everything he had on the helldivers in good faith that a plane was forth coming,i also recall the people from razbam decided to not be in contact with SOH at all anymore due to an argument or something..thats fine,but couldnt the razbam folks take a minute or two and write to Helldiver and just explain whats going on?.....i remember seeing extremely rude comments from both sides sometime back..

SkippyBing
February 18th, 2014, 14:29
Well said Jamal and Aussieman.....
Most people today have no idea what its like to serve, or what has been given to protect the way of life they have become accustomed.....

True, as I approach my 14th year in the navy, I often think to myself, 'I wonder what it's like to serve'...

stovall
February 18th, 2014, 14:36
Seem this thread has run its coarse. Helldiver has sent out the signal that hopefully someone who knows if Razbam or anyone else will be producing a Helldiver. Time to put this one to rest.

stovall
February 19th, 2014, 06:36
Got a message from Hank representing RazBam. Thought all including Helldiver should see this. Hopefully we will get a Helldiver some day.

I saw the closed thread about the Razbam Helldiver, therefor not able to respond on behalf of Ron.
But Ron DID respond on the 28th of August 2013 about the status of the Helldiver SB2C to Helldiver.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ight=Helldiver (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?77827-Helldiver-SB2C/page2&highlight=Helldiver)

Cheers,
Hank