PDA

View Full Version : removing airplanes and textures?

Daveroo
February 18th, 2014, 10:30
Hi,
ive decided to remove the planes i know i wont fly,no sense in cluttering up my install.....i download freeware i know ill never use..but do it because the plane is cool...same with some payware..which is hard for me to remove..

ive removed planes before,cut-paste to my "hangers folder"....BUT..id like to remove some textures from some planes i want to keep...but that i know i will never fly that "repaint/texture"easy enough to cut/paste the texture..but what about the .cfg ?..do i need to remove the (flightsim XX) part for each texture?..and i assume ill have to renumber in the order...cant have 2/4/8 can you?

dhazelgrove
February 18th, 2014, 10:42
You can remove the [fltsim.xx] entries for the textures you don't want, and then remove the relevant texture folders.

You will have to renumber the [fltsim.xx] entries to plug any gaps.

Dave

Paul Anderson
February 18th, 2014, 11:19
I could be wrong, but if you want to disable paint(s) I think you can just change aircraft.cfg for the paint by changing the panel= to a nonexistent one (eg. panel=none) without having to renumber.
If the aircraft has various panel names in use, it might be a good idea to comment out the panel line and add panel=none after it in case you decide to use it again later.

Sieggie
February 18th, 2014, 11:45
I have been using FSXControls https://sites.google.com/site/fsxcontrols/Home for some time now to do just that. It's free and the author is very friendly.

Dave