PDA

View Full Version : It Did It Again

bobhegf
February 15th, 2014, 22:54
I just lost everything I have been working on I think. I am taking the computer in this week to get it checked. I hope they can fix it if not I will start all over again.

Blood_Hawk23
February 15th, 2014, 23:07
I'm sorry Bob. Were you able to save it before it happened? Hopefully they can recover it all.

Do you have electrical problems in your home?
I've heard that if you have old wiring or something like that, where you power surges, it could cause you to burn up your electronic. Just something to think about if this keeps happening. I think you can buy something to help prevent it. I'm not an electrician so you'll have to ask one.

I pray you didn't lose it all.

Till later,
John

bobhegf
February 16th, 2014, 02:41
Well, it is back up and running. I don`t understand why it went off like it did. This isn`t the 1st time this has happened . It happened once before not to long ago. Up to this point everything is saved.

Rami
February 16th, 2014, 02:43
Bobhegf,

Here's hoping they can fix your PC, if I had that happen I'd really be up the creek. :jump:

Fibber
February 16th, 2014, 13:17
do you have your comp hooked right into the wall socket? If so go to any electronic selling store and buy a good battery backup with a surge protector or just plug your compy on a single outlet surge protector. Many times there could be a fluxuation in power outside your home that will cause your electronics to hic-cup, choke,:redfire: or go :pop4:..:banghead:

kelticheart
February 17th, 2014, 00:45
Well, it is back up and running. I don`t understand why it went off like it did. This isn`t the 1st time this has happened . It happened once before not to long ago. Up to this point everything is saved.

Hi bobhegf,

have your power transformer checked. I mean the one inside your pc. If I were you, I'd replace it right away, they are not very expensive here, I imagine in the US they come much cheaper.

I had that happening a few years ago, my pc is a 2005 oldie and it was still running on a 350W power unit. I immediately replaced it with a 450W unit, one of the first on the market here with the heath-sensitive, low-noise large fan on the floor of the power unit casing. My vintage machine has been purring along ever since.

It might be something else, but sudden stops like that are usually caused by a failing power unit. Act fast, because the next internal blackout may cause your HDD to go :pop4: as well!

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004: