PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating a Full Install P3Dv2.1--Questions

Crusader
February 15th, 2014, 17:32
Seriously thinking of a vanilla-fresh install of v2.1 . I originally patched over 2.0 and did not do the recommended deletions . Not having any major problems(occasional controller which I think are possibly USB problems on my old CH Combat stick and Pro Pedals) . I gather from LM a Full-Install from scratch is probably the best way to go . What do you think ? I'm not totally convinced everything patched with my updated 2.1 over 2.0 without the deletions .

Rich:dizzy:

stovall
February 15th, 2014, 20:12
Rich, I had the same feeling so I bit the bullet and cleared all of P3D v2 off my computer. All the files to be deleted were the first to go then all the rest. I then installed the full version 2.1. So Far all is working well. I am reinstalling my scenery and aircraft. First to be reinstalled is FTX Global and then Pilots Global 2010 for the mesh. I am waiting till next week to put in FTX Vector once the patch comes out. Right now I am using UTX Water, Rail, and Roads only. Once FTX Vector upgrade comes on the scene UTX will be removed. That is it so far. Hope this helps.

By the way I didn't see any major problems with the patch over v2.0. Just wanted to be sure all was installed correctly with the full version.

Crusader
February 15th, 2014, 20:56
Thanks Tom . I think I'll tackle it tomorrow just the way you described . I too have FTX Global and Vector . I believe I read that the update on Vector was next week on the 22nd . I still have 1.4 and probably won't uninstall it anytime soon as it has a few AC that wouldn't work in 2.0 and all the scenery I use to have in FSX worked in 1.4 (Including all of yours and Mark's . ) Looking forward for some more ORBX migrating over to 2.1 .

Thanks for the advice ,

Rich

n4gix
February 16th, 2014, 05:07
Might I suggest that you get the "vanilla install" working at peak before installing any 3rd party add ons? That way you'll have a better way to determine if your add on is causing problems so you won't be inclined to blame P3D? :biggrin-new:

stovall
February 16th, 2014, 07:29
Bill, you hit the nail on the head. Getting Prepar3D v2.1 working properly before any 3rd party addons is exactly why the complete install. The patch was on top of all kinds of changes and additions. So far no problems in the new complete install. Additions are done one at a time and then test. No group additions. Seem a good way to go for now. Looking forward to FTX Vector next weekend to replace UTX water, roads and railroads.

Crusader
February 16th, 2014, 10:09
Thanks Bill for the advice . The only two addons I have at the present time is FTX Global and Pilot's FTX compatible Global Mesh and awaiting FTX Vector's new update next weekend as you mentioned Tom , before installing it . New clean install v2.1 went well . I can see a new GPU in the near future . I currently have a GTX 760 2GB and have been looking at the EGVA's GTX 770 4GB(OC) which I've seen some good reviews . As a matter of fact Bill , I might have read one that you wrote , here or some other forum , if my memory serves me right . v2.1 still very young but I'm sure the tweaks will start as time goes on . I have not done anything to the Prepar3D.CFG and don't intend to unless something comes down from LM or it been established T/O the flightsim community that a certain tweak or fix is absolutely essential . Right now just changing some settings in the v2.1 Graphics Menu and checking the results . Will start "one at a time then test" as you suggested Tom . It seems like the safest way to go about it .

A lot of PC/programming talent here at SOH along with some excellent painters . We're blessed . Looking forward to loading all of the excellent AC & scenery after tuning 2.1 (to the best of my ability anyway :stupid:)

Thanks again to both of you for sharing some excellent advice .:encouragement: Thanks to LM also , they put a lot of work into this .

Rich