PDA

View Full Version : Would You Do This?

Panther_99FS
February 13th, 2014, 18:40
-> http://petapixel.com/2014/02/13/daredevils-climb-top-worlds-second-tallest-building-snap-great-photos/

lemonadedrinker
February 13th, 2014, 21:00
Hi,

In response--- No

I can feel the remains of my vestigial tail curling round the back of the chair I'm sitting on. Just a gust of wind and away you go......

When I was a lot younger and working on the Graythorpe One I think it was at Nigg Bay Fabricators, we weren't allowed up on it when the wind got up a bit; that was just 300 feet high or so!!, yet here are these guys dangling their legs off the side at about 600 metres.

All power to them and I know I would never have the courage to do that:applause::applause:

Andy.

Allen
February 13th, 2014, 21:14

grunau_baby
February 14th, 2014, 00:15
This is strange: I do not mind climbing into anything that flies. Even those lawnmowerstyle-tubeframe-ultralights, but being on a high building let alone this way I would get an immediate heart seizure... Even high ladders do the same to me. Can hardly look at those pics.

Alex G.

srgalahad
February 14th, 2014, 07:42
This is strange: I do not mind climbing into anything that flies. Even those lawnmowerstyle-tubeframe-ultralights, but being on a high building let alone this way I would get an immediate heart seizure... Even high ladders do the same to me. Can hardly look at those pics.

Alex G.

Not surprising, actually. Most times the distress caused by "heights", or the 'fear of falling' is associated with having a direct connection to the ground (looking down a building, tower or ladder) that draws your eye, and mind to the idea of falling down that line. I have the same issue... being in a plane has no effect, but looking down from the catwalk at a second-story level of the hangar was enough to get me queasy and hanging on for dear life.

brad kaste
February 14th, 2014, 08:38
I wonder if the authorities gave their blessings to this stunt. If so,...how many waivers did the young men have to sign beforehand? Or was this a 'sneak' job,.....knowing they'd be in trouble with the law afterwards?

gecko65
February 14th, 2014, 11:09
I get vertigo just getting on the roof nowadays.

I kept waiting for them to "accidentally" drop one of the cameras off the side. How many people watching would have a heart attack?

I bet this would be a real thrill filmed in IMAX.

Landman
February 25th, 2014, 16:21
When that one guy got to the very top of the crane and just stood there out in the open with nothing to hold onto and nothing around but the pipe under his feet all I could think about was how that would scare the hell out of me and I would not be able to climb down for fear of falling. I thought it was funny when I read the following on that webpage in the link: "Editor’s Note: This goes without saying, but we neither condone nor encourage you trying this at home. Be Safe!" What do you mean at home? I don't exactly have a 2,000 foot tall building in my yard or did he mean I shouldn't climb to the top of the roof of my one story house?