PDA

View Full Version : gunsight64.bmp

alpha_1
February 13th, 2014, 11:21
Hi All;

Can somebody tell me how to shrink down the size of this file so that it the gunsight appears smaller in CFS2? I've tried playing around with DTXBmp but I haven't got a clue what I'm doing there.

Is there an easy way? Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks.

Cheers,

Shessi
February 14th, 2014, 00:42
Hi A,
Unfortunately you can't. Even if you reduce the size of the bmp, it's the planar/poly size that the image is projected on. So even if you make it smaler it will still be 'stretched' onto the same size planar/poly, the only thing you will be doing is reducing the quality of the image.

The only way would be get rid of that gunsight, and make a new one as a new graphic/gauge as part of the panel. Unfortunately the gunsight64 is the generic gunsight, so if you delete it or change that bmp, you will not have it available for all the other ac that use it or it will be different for all.

But...the good news is that the sim looks in each individual ac's texture folder first before going to check the main sim TEXTURE folder for a required texure, the gunsight64 tex is one of those.

So...what you can do is have new individual gunsights for each ac, unfortunately not being able to affect the size, but improve on the quality and accuracy for each ac.

There are some very nice authenic gunsight packs both here at SOH and at Simviation, have search and see what takes your fancy, all you need to do is put them in your ac texture folder.

Cheers

Shessi

alpha_1
February 14th, 2014, 03:33
Thanks very much for the reply. I didn't know that but that certainly opens up possibilities and will make life easier for some of my pilots. You're right, Shessi......one size doesn`t necessarily fit all. I have a number of good gunsights that I`ve downloaded over the years and will start doing some research and testing on these to find out what will go where.

Thanks again,

Cheers,