PDA

View Full Version : Another 2hr Special - Halesworth (Station 365)

IanP
October 5th, 2008, 14:33
Another quickie from the "because I can" collection, in case anyone wants it...

RAF Halesworth in Suffolk was home to the 56th FG ("Zemke's Wolfpack") before they moved to their more famous base at Boxted, the Liberators of the 489th BG and, later in the war, the 555th FG's P-51s. After the war, we nabbed it back off the Americans when they all went home and the Fleet Air Arm used it until it was closed in 1946.

It's pretty basic, as usual, but might be of use to someone.

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/historical/usaaf/IJP_S365.zip

Ian P.

Baron von Blutwurst
October 5th, 2008, 15:06
Lokks good Ian...:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

Lewis-A2A
October 6th, 2008, 12:15
First time I had chicken Kiev's, Damn there nice with garlic and herb wedges smoothered in grated cheese and tommy sauce,... ahh like being back at uni, mix it up and bang it in a bowl.

Halesworth eh? Well I know nothing about the place :D

Roger
October 6th, 2008, 13:52
Works for me:applause:

Thanks Ian.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/halesworth.jpg

IanP
October 6th, 2008, 14:04
First time I had chicken Kiev's, Damn there nice with garlic and herb wedges smoothered in grated cheese and tommy sauce,... ahh like being back at uni, mix it up and bang it in a bowl.

Halesworth eh? Well I know nothing about the place :D

Whatever he's on, I want some of it... :icon_lol:

Ian P.

CG_1976
October 6th, 2008, 14:47
Thank you Ian. I got a couple of SAR Ac's and HC's that'll call Halesworth home.

Tako_Kichi
October 6th, 2008, 15:51
Whatever he's on, I want some of it... :icon_lol:
Believe me you DO NOT want anything of whatever Lewis is on! It's bad enough one of him babbling on in some form of gibberish without more joining in! :173go1:

:costumes::costumes::costumes:

IanP
October 7th, 2008, 10:59
I thought I might add a bit of AI, to liven the place up...

Currently, I have four options available, all of which can be intermingled.

12 x A2A FS9 B-24Js,
12 x Alphasim FS9 B-24Js (the freeware one, which I already had)
12 x A2A FSX B-17Gs,
12 x Alphasim FSX B-24Ds (I don't actually have this to test, so you'll have to ask Nick if it works... I just put the aircraft name in the AI files and compiled it! :d)

Anyway. At 0800Z, this happens...

...Just don't ask about the frame rate hit using all those FS9 aircraft!

Ian P.

Nick C
October 7th, 2008, 12:07
Mine all got a lick of paint while waiting for me start the engine again and take off :d

Good work Ian, I'll share whatever it is that Lewis is on!

SkippyBing
October 7th, 2008, 13:05
And Heathrow things it gets busy!

Nick C
October 8th, 2008, 11:11
Even busier now, thanks for the P47 traffic Ian :applause:

Panther_99FS
October 8th, 2008, 14:35
Thanks again Ian!

IanP
October 8th, 2008, 22:34
'Ere! What's this doing up this high? :wavey:

Thanks Panther. :)

Seriously, the AI files aren't available at the moment, but I can make the bgl files available if people are happy to jump through enough hoops to use them... And provided I can find somewhere a little less politically incorrect to send the bombers!

Slightly more interestingly, I received one of those unexpected offers you definitely aren't going to refuse last night. If I can make it work without proving that I actually have no idea what I'm doing, there should be some results to show soon.

Ian P.

IanP
October 13th, 2008, 10:25
Another update...

Halesworth has had a lick of paint and been given somewhere for the crews to live. Nissen huts really were the housing option of choice for the US forces in East Anglia, but the positioning of them here is purely artistic license.

It also has its own page, linked via the sidebar and news article at http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk - there are a few screenshots there as well. Not very good ones yet.

NICK! HELP! :wavey::d
Cheers,

Ian P.

Nick C
October 13th, 2008, 12:11
Ere we go then, nice work Ian and thanks to Bill too :applause::applause::applause: