PDA

View Full Version : Privateer repaints

UncleTgt
February 9th, 2014, 10:51
Some repaints for the Krzysztof Malinowski/AF Scrub PB4Y2 Privateer.

I cheated a bit with the French & Korean War skins, as the rear fuselage is mirrored. :black_eyed:

Almost ready to upload.

Blood_Hawk23
February 9th, 2014, 11:22
Wow, give you a couple days and look what happens. Looks awesome. the Betty too.

gius
February 9th, 2014, 11:38
Great shots!!
Fantastic as always, UT.
Bye
Gius

UncleTgt
February 10th, 2014, 06:30
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/624513920335519560.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: KM/AFS PB4Y2 Privateer skinpack by UncleTgt
These are a collection of repaints for AF Scrub's update of Krzysztof Malinowski's PB4Y2 Privateer for CFS 2.
The aircraft are:
VPB106, X525 "Our Baby", Palawan Philippines MAR45
VPB106, X505 "Redwing", Palawn Philippines MAR45
VP28, 2 "Wild Deuce", Itami Japan DEC50
8F, 8 French Indo-China 1951
Also includes, updated kelti-style prop & exhaust effects added to the dp. New maritime recon payloads added to the dp.
The original KM Privateer has different texture bitmap names, if you want to use these repaints, just rename the following bitmaps:
PB4Y2_1_t.bmp to PB4Y2_1.bmp
PB4Y2_2_t.bmp to PB4Y2_2.bmp
PB4Y2_3_t.bmp to PB4Y2_3.bmp
I chose the AF Scrub model update because elements of the external model have been improved (top turrets have frames etc.).
Because the rear fuselage for both models is mirrored, I've had to fake some elements of the Gloss Sea Blue skins, moving the squadron code info onto the lower part of the vertical stabiliser - not accurate but I think it came out OK.

To install, unzip the download and place your chosen files in the correct folder(s) for the PB4Y2 Privateer within the aircraft folder in your CFS2 Main Directory. Back up any originals & replace them with these.
Thanks to
Krzysztof Malinowski for a great aircraft, & AF Scrub for the update.
Kelti for inspiring exhaust effects & prop disks.
This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions
UncleTgt
FEB 2014

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit KM PB4Y2 Privateer skinpack UT.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18154&catid=57)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
February 10th, 2014, 08:21
UncleTgt,

Many thanks on this one, I am a big fan of K. Malinowski's work! :wiggle:

kelticheart
February 11th, 2014, 00:07
Thank you, UncleTgt!

:applause: :jump: :applause:

I didn't even know Privateers were still in service during the Korean conflict. By 1950, the huge B-24 fleet built during WWII was already turned into piles of aluminum for the civilian industry!

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

Captain Kurt
February 11th, 2014, 10:17
First class job. Thank you