PDA

View Full Version : Well i've finaly decided

stiz
January 19th, 2009, 17:20
Well after thinking about it for several years and weighing things up, i've decided that at the end of April (after the family holiday) i'm going to put in an aplication to join the RAF. I've been toying with it for years, and after seeing only 4 (!) jobs in the paper the other day with no likelyhood it'll get any better anytime soon i decided to go for it!

Anyone got any good fitness tips? :help:

Buddha13
January 19th, 2009, 17:23
Hi Stiz,
Good luck with your application.
As for dietry tips lay off the Mcdonalds and run 10 miles a day.

Buddha13

Panther_99FS
January 19th, 2009, 17:29
Go for it Stiz!

We've got some RAF folks at my base right now - hope to meet up with you! :applause:

Panther_99FS
January 19th, 2009, 17:30

:d....

GT182
January 19th, 2009, 17:31
Learn to poop as soon as you get up, and be able to do it fast. ;) You don't want to keep the DI waiting. :costumes:

naravac
January 19th, 2009, 17:34
Good luck with the RAF.

PhilRamone
January 19th, 2009, 20:02

maybe THIS (http://www.wikihow.com/Get-the-Endurance-of-an-Olympic-Wrestler) can help you get started? :wavey:

:friday:

grunau_baby
January 19th, 2009, 22:07
Good luck, I know an english gentleman, meanwhile 80 something, who had the chance to work on Merlin engines after the war at the RAF and became an engineer for industrial engines there. Well you won´t get that chance anymore I guess, but still...:ernae:

Alex

wombat666
January 19th, 2009, 23:24
I've been toying with it for years, and after seeing only 4 (!) jobs in the paper the other day with no likelyhood it'll get any better anytime soon i decided to go for it! Anyone got any good fitness tips? :help:

Good luck stitz, you will need it.
Fitness tips?
Put yourself on a decent 'atheltic' diet and start a course at the local gym.
And take it one step at a time.
If you fail the physical you do not get a second chance and at time like this the Services are very picky about who they take on.
Brush up your academic skills, that is the other major stumbling block.
Right now there are large numbers of candidates looking to the Armed Forces for 'employment', and only the very best are being accepted.
:faint:
And a PS: I can still run between 5 and 10 Klicks a day, even as an Olde Pharte.

Wozza
January 20th, 2009, 00:13
Hi Stiz
Go for it mate ya wont regret it :)
for fitness try this as a basic plan Im sure the RAF has a similar page
http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/fitness/fitnessPlan/
Cheers
Wozza

demorier
January 20th, 2009, 00:32
I feel exhausted just reading through week one.

stiz
January 20th, 2009, 14:30
i must admit one thing that does scare me more than anything else .... is haveing to keep my unform neat n tidy :help:

The training program actually looks pretty fun ... famous last words? :faint:

heres the program: http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafhalton/aboutus/trainingprogramme.cfm

jmig
January 21st, 2009, 06:02
Good luck with the RAF.

Boomer
January 21st, 2009, 07:19
Outstanding!

You will be a better man because of it.

Best of luck!

Roger
January 21st, 2009, 09:58
Good luck Stiz...just make sure you get that Moth out of the hangar before you leave:costumes:

stiz
January 21st, 2009, 11:46
i've got something comeing first, but dont worry, you'll like it :)

Lionheart
January 21st, 2009, 12:16
Sounds like good fun Stiz!

<--- Salute!

:gossip: (You know... They no longer have prop fighters.. All jets now... And aluminum covered.. no longer fabric.. )

:rapture:

Bill

Shessi
January 22nd, 2009, 09:31
Hi Stitz,

Great to hear this! I'm really pleased for you.

All the above is good advice. Wombat666 is right about the armed services and their ability to pick and choose the top of the pile, especially at this time.

Good luck!

:ernae: Shessi

wombat666
January 22nd, 2009, 09:36
The training program actually looks pretty fun ... famous last words?

All that PT!
:173go1: