PDA

View Full Version : Flight Replicas freeware MiniMax is out!

mike_cyul
January 19th, 2009, 14:38
As mentioned in the other thread: It's available now at Avsim. Look for fr_minimax.zip. I haven't been able to upload here are SOH, as there seems to be a glitch somehere, it keeps asking me to log in when I already have. Admins have been alerted.

However, this turns out to be a bonus for SOH members, as I had a couple of minutes to fool around with the materials this afternoon, and came up with something I like better - so the SOH library (whenever it finally gets up there) will have a slightly different (and I think, better) version than Avsim for now. :)

Mike
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Roger
January 19th, 2009, 14:54
Excellent:engel016:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/mini-max-1.jpg

Panther_99FS
January 19th, 2009, 15:02
Thanks Mike! :applause:

(I'll wait for the exclusive SOH version) :jump:

MCDesigns
January 19th, 2009, 16:01
SWEET!!! Thanks for the gift Mike!! :ernae:

pointy31
January 19th, 2009, 16:46
Indeed sweet!...Thanks....:ernae:

Cazzie
January 19th, 2009, 17:25
Let's go git 'em cows outa da mud Pointy! Bring along some Cajun Kool-Aid, g'wan need it, s'hot out y'har in da flatlands of Tejas.

Now let's see what kind of sh-eet-eatin' grin Chris B. can put on that excellent pilot. :d

Paint kit would be nice Mike, model is lovely, engine is a buzz saw. :applause:

Caz

Epsillon
January 19th, 2009, 20:42
Thanks a lot, Mike! :wave:

grunau_baby
January 19th, 2009, 22:21
Thank you for the gift!!!:applause:

Marlin
January 19th, 2009, 22:53
Man, check out the landing gear. You sure don't want to land to hard with that huh? What is that, 1/2" plywood?

Sure does look good and like I said before; wow, check out those wings!!! :gossip:

:ernae::ernae:

JT8D-9A
January 20th, 2009, 10:26
Interesting airplane and beautiful work! Thanks!:applause::applause:

Kiwikat
January 20th, 2009, 10:53
Thanks for the cool "plane"!!!

I'm flying around Cairns with FTX scenery. It's perfect for exploring FTX.

Bring on the paint kit. :woot:

Cazzie
January 20th, 2009, 11:45
Interesting airplane and beautiful work! Thanks!:applause::applause:

LOL Nils, you and I were on a parallel plain. :d

So much talk about Plum Island, I had to shiver my timbers and go there in Mike's latest little buzz saw. Great way to tour Bill's wonderful creation. :applause::applause::applause: to both of you gents.

Caz

will_b
January 20th, 2009, 12:11
Thanks for the cool "plane"!!!

I'm flying around Cairns with FTX scenery. It's perfect for exploring FTX.

Had the same idea only in W. Australia.

Thanks for the great airplane Mike :wavey:

Kiwikat
January 20th, 2009, 13:09
I'm curious as to what features the SOH version will have.

Will it have a working radio and animated stick perhaps?

mike_cyul
January 20th, 2009, 13:49
I'm curious as to what features the SOH version will have.

Will it have a working radio and animated stick perhaps?

Radio works as a popup shift/1. Once up, you can turn it on and off via VC switch if you want.

Stick animated in VC, not in external, as hardly visible anyway. As mentioned in other thread, changes in SOH version are small but it has a better and more realistic reflectivity for a fabric and fiberglass aircraft, esp. one which has been out in the real world for a while.

stiz
January 20th, 2009, 13:52
stick doesnt move in the vc over here :engel016:

mike_cyul
January 20th, 2009, 14:04
stick doesnt move in the vc over here :engel016:

Your right. Don't ask me how that happened! Ok, I'll have to see what the problem is and upload again. (place nice juicy swear word here.)

Mike

Kiwikat
January 20th, 2009, 14:10
:ernae: Thanks for fixing it. I've been waiting for a cool ultralight for a long time. It is great to finally have one!

JT8D-9A
January 20th, 2009, 14:26
LOL Nils, you and I were on a parallel plain. :d

So much talk about Plum Island, I had to shiver my timbers and go there in Mike's latest little buzz saw. Great way to tour Bill's wonderful creation. :applause::applause::applause: to both of you gents.

Caz
But you did forget something :d

mike_cyul
January 20th, 2009, 14:42
Ok, tested it three times here on my machine, and have re-uploaded.

:rapture:

Mike

Bomber_12th
January 20th, 2009, 15:45
Thank you for this excellent gift, Mike! It is definitely the type of aircraft whose sole purpose is to simply get you up in the air; which of course is a great place to be! I spent a bit of time flying it around the patch last night, and the cars on the ground were almost doubling my speed. :d

mike_cyul
January 20th, 2009, 17:40
Thanks guys. :)

The MiniMax is now available here at SOH! :jump:

Mike

pbearsailor
January 20th, 2009, 20:18
Took off in it from the little strip here in Blaine and went to KBLI. That's usually gear up, gear down, and land in most planes, but it was a cross country in the MiniMax! I'm going to see stuff I've never seen before.

Looks great and flies great, Mike. Thanks so much. :d

cheers,
steve :wave:

ryanbatc
January 21st, 2009, 09:23
Thanks a bunch, it's great for sightseeing. Very FPS friendly too. I have a question. Is the comm display supposed to show anything? I turned it to ON and nothing comes up.

mike_cyul
January 21st, 2009, 10:13
[quote=ryanbatc;90411]Is the comm display supposed to show anything? quote]

Nope, wanted to avoid anything that wasn't modeldef.xml, so desided to stick with the popup. The on/off switch was really just an afterthought, to give a bit more functionality.

Mike

pointy31
January 21st, 2009, 10:20
Let's go git 'em cows outa da mud Pointy! Bring along some Cajun Kool-Aid, g'wan need it, s'hot out y'har in da flatlands of Tejas.

Now let's see what kind of sh-eet-eatin' grin Chris B. can put on that excellent pilot. :d

Paint kit would be nice Mike, model is lovely, engine is a buzz saw. :applause:

Caz

Caz, Ah jus brewed up a fresh batch of CK.....:wave:

huub vink
January 21st, 2009, 14:02
Thanks Mike, really appreciated.

Huub

phantomx1
January 21st, 2009, 16:08
Oh man! That looks good! I don't suppose it will (cry cry cry), work in FS9?

mike_cyul
January 21st, 2009, 17:44
Oh man! That looks good! I don't suppose it will (cry cry cry), work in FS9?

No, sorry, it's FSX only.

Mike

phantomx1
January 21st, 2009, 21:53
OK, thanks Mike. She sure looks crisp. Back to the FS2004 pen! :wavey:

Fireball6
January 22nd, 2009, 04:19
Thanks for this great "Little-Bird" Mike :ernae:

mike_cyul
January 22nd, 2009, 07:29
Just in case anyone is interested, the new version (with working VC control stick) is now also available at Avsim.

:rapture:

Mike

heywooood
January 23rd, 2009, 17:40
just picked it up, Mike - its a nice lil' flyer and naturally easy on the FPS - great model thanks:ernae:

Cazzie
January 23rd, 2009, 18:48
Mike, is there a paint kit? Pointy's always hinting when he posts those shots of his. I could use a case of Cajun Kool-Aid! :d

BTW gang, I am working on some camera definition angles for Mike's Mini.

Caz

mike_cyul
January 23rd, 2009, 18:58
Mike, is there a paint kit? Pointy's always hinting when he posts those shots of his. I could use a case of Cajun Kool-Aid! :d

BTW gang, I am working on some camera definition angles for Mike's Mini.

Caz

Caz, I think it's about time you took your repaint powers took the next level, made a paint kit. :d

Mike

CrazyPants
January 23rd, 2009, 22:00
I really love this bird...been flying it around plum island and such.....so much fun!!

Ebo
January 24th, 2009, 08:38
Thanks for this lovely plane.:kiss: Already downloaded and done a flip. Great handling and a lovely addition to the low and slow.

A paintkit would be great and would like to do some for this beauty.

Cazzie
January 24th, 2009, 08:54
Caz, I think it's about time you took your repaint powers took the next level, made a paint kit. :d

Mike

That is no problem Mike, been there, done that. For FS9, however, but with the work I have done lately on Alpha's B-24 and Aerosoft's F-16C and with Chris B's wonderful tuts, I have become handy at working around bump ansd specular textures. Some old dogs like to learn new tricks! :d

Aw rite Pointy, since I got to make the paint kit, that's gonna cost you 2 cases of CK-A! :costumes::costumes:

Caz

hobofat
January 24th, 2009, 14:57
fantastic model! this is a really fun plane. been flying it around small islands, good little local sightseeing flights.

mike_cyul
January 24th, 2009, 15:08
That is no problem Mike, been there, done that. For FS9, however, but with the work I have done lately on Alpha's B-24 and Aerosoft's F-16C and with Chris B's wonderful tuts, I have become handy at working around bump ansd specular textures. Some old dogs like to learn new tricks! :d

Caz

Good stuff! If you have any questions about the model, just ask.

:)

Mike

bkeske
January 25th, 2009, 08:29
Excellent and unique aircrfat Mike. 'Hats off' to providing it to the community.

I took off at Kastrup Copenhagen (the airport dwarfed the Mini :D ) yesterday to check it out with the new Denmark scenery....wonderful combination.

pointy31
January 25th, 2009, 08:40

Aw rite Pointy, since I got to make the paint kit, that's gonna cost you 2 cases of CK-A! :costumes::costumes:

Caz

Hey Caz, ya want boudin with that?...:jump:

Cazzie
January 25th, 2009, 13:13
Hey Caz, ya want boudin with that?...:jump:

Naw man, I gots yah a shiny silver Max flying out at Patterson, ya gots the pick-up loaded with some of that CK-A? :d

Caz

pointy31
January 25th, 2009, 17:16
Ooh! That looks fine Caz. I'll get a fresh batch of CK to ya, with a few links of boudin included...:ernae:

Ebo
January 25th, 2009, 19:57
They look great. Are they for download?

bkeske
January 25th, 2009, 20:27
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=13377 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&FileType=fsx&page=downloads&Category=aircraft#download)

For the aircraft.....don't know about the repaints
(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&FileType=fsx&page=downloads&Category=aircraft#download)

Ebo
January 25th, 2009, 21:01
I've got the plane, just looking for the repaint.

But thanks anyway.

Cazzie
January 26th, 2009, 04:01
I've got the plane, just looking for the repaint.

But thanks anyway.

It's up now mate, same great place: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13425

Caz

Mike, is the download here at the Outhouse the new one with the movable stick? I have yet to find it at AvSim.

Ebo
January 26th, 2009, 04:28
Thanks, Caz, you are a star :kiss:

mike_cyul
January 26th, 2009, 04:45
It's up now mate, same great place: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13425

Caz

Mike, is the download here at the Outhouse the new one with the movable stick? I have yet to find it at AvSim.

Yes, both sites have the same version now. At Avsim it's fr_minimax_v2.zip.

Nice repaint!

Mike

Dexdoggy
January 28th, 2009, 12:22
Mike - thanks for a wonderful little plane - perfect for low and slow! :woot:
Cazzie - wonderful repaint much appreciated! :ernae: