PDA

View Full Version : Dale Jr's sponcer problems.

Daveroo
January 30th, 2014, 09:32
so Rick Hendrick (or dale himself?..i doubt it) wants so much money now to sponsor him that new sponsors are not stepping up to the fender ( id have said plate,but this is racin not baseball [dont hate,its a joke]),he does have the national guard for several races and pepsico for a few others..but 12 are not sponsored ..is this because dale/rick want to much money for him..and his abilities?..i think so..he isnt winning races as he is believed to do..he has been put on a pedestal to be this great and unbeatable driver and he cant live up to it...thats not my opinion..all youve got to do is look at his record.

i have a theary though,he dominated in the busch/nationwide series for those years,and when he does get in to a currant nationwide car..he is almost unstopable...(and ive said this for years,but now maybe people will believe me,but i doubt that) guys like Kyle Larson do great in the high horsepower sprint cars and other cars that have way more HP then they need,but he gets into the NW cars which have more of a balanced HP rate,and Kyle stinks up the show.....so back to dale....he seems to struggle with the cup cars,cleans up with the NW cars.....i used to say Dale didnt have any real talent and people like him for the fact hes his fathers son,which isnt to great in the fact that its well known that he didnt have a good relationship with his father when younger.back to the point,dale sucks at the high horsepower cars..but in a balanced car,where you DO have to drive the race car..he is great..ive seen this all my life with drivers all over my west coast travels...some great drivers in the super stock class move to sprint cars and would fail misserably...go back to the super and win everything again...

heres the story about dales whoas on jayski..

Hendrick still looking for sponsorship for Earnhardt Jr. UPDATE: Car owner Rick Hendrick says that hes not worried that Dale Earnhardt Jr.s #88 team does not have sponsorship for 13 races less than a month before the Daytona 500. Weve talked to a lot of people, Hendrick said Tuesday during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Media Tour. I want a long-term deal that fits and isnt a conflict with the other guys. Hes said that theyve had potential sponsors who have conflicted with sponsors already with Hendrick Motorsports. We will listen to anybody, and were always looking, but theres no like, golly weve got to find somebody, Hendrick said. National Guard returns and will be Earnhardts sponsor for 20 races. PepsiCos brands will serve as a primary sponsor for five races, leaving 13 races (36 point races and two non-points races).(Motor Racing Network (http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2014/01/Rick-Hendrick-Unworried-Dale-Jr-Team-Still-Looking-For-Sponsors.aspx))(1-29-2014)
UPDATE: Rick Hendrick will wait patiently for the right sponsor to come along for Dale Earnhardt Jr., spending his own money or leveraging other business partners to fill the races for the sports most popular driver. Hendrick has routinely said he wouldnt discount the price for Earnhardt, the son of the NASCAR Hall of Famer and the winner of the most popular driver award in each of the last 11 seasons. He emphasized that the Hendrick Motorsports team has no timetable or deadline to land a new deal. We will listen to anybody and were always looking, but theres no (feeling of), Golly, weve got to find somebody, because weve got two really good sponsors, Hendrick said. Im wanting a long-term deal that fits that isnt a conflict with the other guys. We dont put any timetable on it. We have plenty of time.(Sporting News (http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2014-01-29/dale-earnhardt-jr-needs-sponsors-2014-hendrick-discount-national-guard-pepsi))(1-30-2014)

stansdds
January 31st, 2014, 02:23
I agree. All you have to do is look at Junior's record. He can win just about any Nationwide race, yet cannot win in the Sprint Cup Series. Last year he did say that when he retires from Sprint Cup he wants to go back to the Nationwide Series. That's an odd statement for a Sprint Cup driver who is supposedly super talented. I don't know if it is a lack of skill at the top level of NASCAR racing or if it is a fear of being a winning driver in the top series that prevents him from winning. It does seem really odd that he can be leading in the closing laps of a race, then suddenly fall back for a lower place finish.

Terry
January 31st, 2014, 03:01
What a lot of Jr. fans don't seem to understand is that Jr. is the son of Dale Sr., not a clone!

Daveroo
January 31st, 2014, 08:10
What a lot of Jr. fans don't seem to understand is that Jr. is the son of Dale Sr., not a clone!

ive said that for years myself,he is not his father,its true he was popular before dales death from the nationwide series..but most of his fans came after dads death and they hope he will be the same as dad...

and i hear comments about how "cute" he is...........my god what do these girls think anymore...if Dale is cute..then im gorgeous.......

Terry
January 31st, 2014, 09:27
Perhaps they are dreaming of his wallet when they call him cute.