PDA

View Full Version : Met a former USMC A-6 B/N this morning

Navy Chief
January 30th, 2014, 04:21
I had an appointment for blood work this morning. As I was waiting for the lab to open, another man drove up, and I noticed his front license plate had USMC Aviator NFO wings on it. Turned out he was a B/N with VMA-533, and was with them at Nam Phong air base, Thailand, during the Vietnam war.

So now, of course, I will have to download/install the Vietnam War project scenery!

Navy Chief

Sindhu
January 30th, 2014, 05:12
I had an appointment for blood work this morning. As I was waiting for the lab to open, another man drove up, and I noticed his front license plate had USMC Aviator NFO wings on it. Turned out he was a B/N with VMA-533, and was with them at Nam Phong air base, Thailand, during the Vietnam war.

So now, of course, I will have to download/install the Vietnam War project scenery!

Navy Chief

Greeting from Thailand,sir.:jump: I have Vietnam War project and enjoy it a lot :jump:

Navy Chief
January 30th, 2014, 05:39
Greeting from Thailand,sir.:jump: I have Vietnam War project and enjoy it a lot :jump:

Hi Sindhu,

I doubt I will ever get the chance to visit Thailand, so flight simulation scenery is about as close as I will ever get!

NC

I have been searching for screenshots of VMA-533 A-6's. I see that the Alphasim version had that repaint, but so far I have not found it in the Razbam series.......

Daveroo
January 30th, 2014, 09:51
Hi Sindu,i think its great that you are in Thailand and use this forum...some times i for get that the world is much "smaller" now with the internet ,i have friends from all over the world that i met in a chatroom..

my point is...i just think this melting pot of people here at SOH is wonderfull

sepp666
January 30th, 2014, 11:23
Hi Sindu,i think its great that you are in Thailand and use this forum...some times i for get that the world is much "smaller" now with the internet ,i have friends from all over the world that i met in a chatroom..

Agree 100%!!!

It's so nice to meet people from all over the world that share the same feelings for airplanes, aviation and flight simulation!

nio
January 30th, 2014, 11:40
Is it not, after, all about this r/l or virtual?

“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.”
Leonardo da Vinci

Best

nio

airattackimages
January 30th, 2014, 13:04
Tangent:

In 2007 I flew back to NAS Oceana for the airshow. There was a hurricane coming (downgraded to TS) and it showed up on Sunday. It would rain sporadically and stop. We took shelter several times under the wings of a nearby Marine EA-6B and decided to just stay with it since the rain was coming in waves.

Before long, we realized that everyone that came by to look at the jet was asking us questions about it. Due to our knowledge of military aviation they were all questions we had no problems answering... (Things like how fast does it go, what are those things under the wings, why do they have propellers, what's that thing that sticks up on the nose, where is this plane based, etc etc) But it soon dawned on us that they thought we were the aircrew. We had shaved heads and both were wearing sunglasses. We laughed because apparently that's all people were going by, since we were not in flightsuits and were both wearing T shirts and cargo shorts. LOL.

It was funny, and yet pretty cool that people could count on us to give them accurate info about the aircraft in the absence of the aircrew. :D

Sindhu
January 30th, 2014, 19:15
Hi Sindhu,

I doubt I will ever get the chance to visit Thailand, so flight simulation scenery is about as close as I will ever get!

NC

I have been searching for screenshots of VMA-533 A-6's. I see that the Alphasim version had that repaint, but so far I have not found it in the Razbam series.......

Hi NC,

Welcome sir, I have a Facebook&FSX friend who used to served in CVW-5 and USS Kitty Hawk and now living with his Thai wife and family in Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand. http://flightsimulatornewsbrief.blogspot.com/2011/11/freeware-chiang-mai-intl-airport-vtcc.html. And we are in our group here... https://www.facebook.com/groups/flightsimulation/

In the Thai FSX community, we still have a few FSX original airports created by some Thai creators. So I chose to use Vietnam War Project scenery. I myself heavily inspired by Vietnam war's air operations and the 'Air America' movie so I'm having a lot of fun flying between Thailand and Lao :jump: :jump: :jump:

Sindhu
January 30th, 2014, 19:35

Hi Daveroo,

Indeed sir. Since I came into the flight simulation&FSX World, the world is much smaller and I got friends and know many people from around the world. And I'm glad&proud to be here in this SOH's forum sir :jump: :jump: :jump:

Navy Chief
January 31st, 2014, 03:28
Hi NC,

Welcome sir, I have a Facebook&FSX friend who used to served in CVW-5 and USS Kitty Hawk and now living with his Thai wife and family in Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand. http://flightsimulatornewsbrief.blogspot.com/2011/11/freeware-chiang-mai-intl-airport-vtcc.html. And we are in our group here... https://www.facebook.com/groups/flightsimulation/

In the Thai FSX community, we still have a few FSX original airports created by some Thai creators. So I chose to use Vietnam War Project scenery. I myself heavily inspired by Vietnam war's air operations and the 'Air America' movie so I'm having a lot of fun flying between Thailand and Lao :jump: :jump: :jump:

Thanks for the FB link, Sindhu. I joined that group. My FB name is retnavycpo There are a LOT of members in that group! NC

thunder100
January 31st, 2014, 08:45
Hi Navy Chief

Nex time you see the A-6 guy ask him wether he is one of theese Navy Cross guys

Thats Alphasim

Roland