PDA

View Full Version : Seismic_Bomb_Pack by Blood_Hawk23!

Blood_Hawk23
January 28th, 2014, 21:18
Done, Fini, Finished.

"Grand Slam" Deep Penetration Bomb - Seismic bomb.

Well its not multi-LOD. Sorry. Having gone through it, it is a low poly count. Actually I had a hard time trying to take away any extra polys.

The Grand Slam is almost to exact specs. I went over by 3cm in lenght and 20mm in width. Ooops. The tallboy is 18% smaller and uses the same texture. If you want a different one let me know and I can repaint one.

B-29 for scale.

Here is the Grand Slam again for scale.

The tallboy is about 2 meters shorter. The only other plane to drop a Tallboy was the Lancaster. The B-36 was the only other US plane that could.

Let me know what you think.

Till Later,
John

Blood_Hawk23
January 29th, 2014, 22:13
The bombs are uploaded.

I did end up making them Multi-LOD.

Rami,

Now we just need the Lancaster to drop them. I used the B-29 for testing. They are heavy, Very Heavy. The gunstation weight of 352000 for the grand slam and 192000 for the tallboy is correct. That is in Onces. As is max_weight=9979 and max_weight=5443 both in Kgs, respectively. So when you release them, be ready, because you have to get control back quickly.

I have set the damage at 1d5*150000 for the Grand Slam and 1d5*75000 for the Tallboy. If you need them weaker or stronger please let me know and I'll adjust them.

Till later,
John

Blood_Hawk23
January 29th, 2014, 23:00
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/491813910648108337.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Other Add-Ons

Description: CFS2 Weapons Pack- Seismic Bombs.
By John P Fortin (Blood_Hawk23)

Here are two WWII Deep Penetration Bombs. The "Tallboy" Bomb, Medium Capacity, 12,000 lb, and the "Grand Slam" Bomb, Medium Capacity, 22,000 lb. They were called Seismic or "Earthquake" Bombs. As their intended use was to destroy targets by penetrating the ground and causing a seismic shock wave.

The "Tallboy" was 6.35 meters (21 feet) Long and weighed 5,443 kgs (12,000 lbs). The "Grand Slam" was 1.73 meters longer for a total of 8.08 meters (26.5 feet) and weighed 9,979 kgs (22,000 lbs). It was the largest conventional bomb dropped during World War II.

Only two aircraft ever carried the "Tallboy" or the "Grand Slam". They were the Avro Lancaster and Boeing B-29 Superfortress. The only other aircraft ever capable of carring the "Tallboy" was the Convair B-36 Peacemaker.

Some U.S. versions of the "Tallboy" called the T-10, later re-designated the M-121, were dropped during the Korean War and Vietnam.

The scale of each model is correct. As is the weight in the DPs. These are Multi-LOD models.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Seismic_Bomb_Pack.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18104&catid=17)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
January 29th, 2014, 23:05
The bombs are uploaded.

I did end up making them Multi-LOD.

Rami,

Now we just need the Lancaster to drop them. I used the B-29 for testing. They are heavy, Very Heavy. The gunstation weight of 352000 for the grand slam and 192000 for the tallboy is correct. That is in Onces. As is max_weight=9979 and max_weight=5443 both in Kgs, respectively. So when you release them, be ready, because you have to get control back quickly.

I have set the damage at 1d5*150000 for the Grand Slam and 1d5*75000 for the Tallboy. If you need them weaker or stronger please let me know and I'll adjust them.

Till later,
John

John,

That's awesome! I have this and Allen's multi-lod railway viaduct on my desktop. Testing will commence at 1500 hours. (Once I get home from work)

Rami
January 30th, 2014, 02:09
Blood_Hawk23,

Many thanks to both you and Allen, along with Kdriver, for all your work. I've wanted to do this to honor the 617 Squadron ever since I bought the add-on, and you guys are helping to make this a reality for all!

Blood_Hawk23
January 30th, 2014, 12:17
Some extra historical notes on the Tallboys. They were used in the sinking of the Tirpitz. A total of 77 were used in 3 raids.

Both the Tallboy and Grand Slam were filled with an explosive that was also used for torpedos call "Torpex" short for what else, Torpedo Explosive.

It took a month for the explosive to cure after being poured.

Both bombs were so expensive and time consuming to build that the aircrews were told to return with them rather then drop them as sea. It was felt that the risk to the crew was worth the return.

A total of 845 Tallboys and 41 Grand Slams were dropped by wars end. That is a total of 11,042,000lbs or 5,521 tons. (5,008 meteric tons).

There is more but I'll let everyone look for them selves if they wish.

Till Later,
John

kelticheart
January 31st, 2014, 02:41
The bombs are uploaded. I did end up making them Multi-LOD.....Now we just need the Lancaster to drop them. .....

Hi there, splendid job!

I think we do have the Lancaster model without bomb bay doors, specifically built to carry these monsters.

Isn't it here?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=50&id=16298

These weapons, so accurately made, are exactly what was still missing from CFS2 aerial arsenal!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you!
KH :ernaehrung004:

stuart277
February 4th, 2014, 23:00
Hi Blood_Hawk23
Nice work John.
Those WWI bombs were very good and these are just the job.:applause::applause::applause:
All the best.
Cheers
Stuart