PDA

View Full Version : Pilots Boeing 314 into FSX?

flyindave
January 28th, 2014, 15:36
Has anyone tried porting this plane in to FSX, I used to have it in 2k2 an 9 but seem to have lost the disc and am thinking of buying it again but it is 39.99 euros and don't feel like wasting my money?

wellis
January 28th, 2014, 18:17
Has anyone tried porting this plane in to FSX, I used to have it in 2k2 an 9 but seem to have lost the disc and am thinking of buying it again but it is 39.99 euros and don't feel like wasting my money?

I just upgraded my system after sticking with the "old" one for almost five years (the new tech is smokin'). In any case I have been busy loading and reloading and I'd forgotten I'd tried to load the Pilot's B-314 in FSX and failed miserably. Did it again yesterday, spent all morning and part of the afternoon and remembered why I had failed the first time. I had not luck in getting the props adapted (probably a model thing), nor did I have any luck modifying the contact points to make it float correctly - when I modified them the beaching gear would remain visible.

Bottom line, I wouldn't buy it for FSX, based on my experience.

mal998
January 30th, 2014, 08:50
This plane was originally built for FS2002. Everything about it, textures and flight model, are very dated. IMHO, if you spend your money you will be very disappointed.

This impressive aircraft would be a great candidate for an FSX re-build.

Roger
January 30th, 2014, 08:51
This impressive aircraft would be a great candidate for an FSX re-build.

What Mal said!

ViperPilot2
January 30th, 2014, 09:43
The only one left in the running would be Mike Stone's B-314, with Ken Mitchell's Panel.

I'm sure some enterprising soul here at SOH could adapt it for FSX use, right?

Alan 3607

Daveroo
January 30th, 2014, 09:47
Stones plane with a well done VC would make me purr.......or happy...........i hang out with a cat more then humans and im worried.....

napamule
January 30th, 2014, 15:06
There is an 'update' by Bob Chicilo of Mike Stone's Clipper at FltSimCom, circa 2008. Might be worth trying. File name: ' b314upxa.zip '.

But, I have the Clipper in FSX Accelleration and worked on contact points where it works (period-no ifs or buts). I am almost sure it will also work in FS9. Have not tried it. I made a piston version and a turboprop version (type 5 engine) just for fun. I will post FDEs (both types) at Media Fire and post links here in an hour or so (it's lunch time). Cheers.
Chuck B
Napamule
Here are FDE Links (at MediaFire hosting): Post problems/feedback here: will call:

Clipper Piston: MediaFire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/99ckcdovn0c0lib/clipper_p.zip

Clipper TP: MediaFire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/934kdepzemzzkxi/clipper_tp.zip