PDA

View Full Version : Flight Sim Withdrawal

lifejogger
January 19th, 2009, 11:51
Yes, that is what I will be going through in the next few weeks because on Saturday my computer crashed. Or I should say that sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning it died. On Saturday morning it wouldn't boot up, not even in safe mode, I got all kinds of fatal errors etc. Since I do not know a whole lot about the inner workings of a PC I took it in to the best computer place in town, unfortunately since they are the best in town it will be 10 to 14 days before they can look at it let alone fix it. So you guys have fun with FSX while I look on from the sidelines.:banghead:

P.S. When I told my wife my computer quit she said she was sorry but I could tell by the look in her eyes she was really rejoicing (she thinks I spend to much time flight simming).

Panther_99FS
January 19th, 2009, 11:54
Hey Lifejogger...
My PC has been dead for over a month now....Join the club! :kilroy:

Boomer
January 19th, 2009, 12:02
Hey Lifejogger...
My PC has been dead for over a month now....Join the club! :kilroy:

::GASP!!!::

Dont tell me you are forced to actually have a life now??? Oh the humanity of it. You poor poor man!! :costumes:

Henry
January 19th, 2009, 12:10
Mine crashed also
but i have another at the office:amen:
so i spend more time here
for a couple of weeks then ill take the office putor home
H

SkippyBing
January 19th, 2009, 12:25
Hah fools! I have three computers, and probably enough spares to make a fourth and fifth I don't need no stinkin' life!

MCDesigns
January 19th, 2009, 12:35

Dont tell me you are forced to actually have a life now??? Oh the humanity of it. You poor poor man!! :costumes:

Um, can you please post an image or two of this "life" you speak so fondly off, I am not familiar with the term, all I seem to do is :typing::typing::typing::typing:

Yep, feel for ya LJ, pays to have more than one computer.

Panther_99FS
January 19th, 2009, 12:46
:icon_lol:

After the first 2 weeks, it's not so bad.....:d

harleyman
January 19th, 2009, 12:47
That bites...

I have two rigs here for my use..But only this one will fly sims......

I was out of the ait for 6 months dealing with multiple computer problems..it was rough....:faint:

lifejogger
January 19th, 2009, 13:32
I have a feeling my life will be this:

doublecool
January 19th, 2009, 13:51
LOL :amen: Brother

Cazzie
January 19th, 2009, 14:26
I went from late May until nearly August without any flight sim save when I went to my brother's.

Summer's not bad to ne without it, don't sim a lot then anyhow, nike ride more.

Bot Lordee, I the cold Winter, I love my sims! I love the work repainting just to not have idle hands. TeeVee is a chump most any time of year, this time of year it is garbage! But hey, Tiger Direct is just an hour away and you don;t need the whole set-up. I know the deal now Homer, built your own, use old keynoards and mouses, moniters, etc. the tomer is the thing.

So that's what I did, got a near $3000.00 rig for just a little over $1,200.00 buy buying the parts separate and putting them together myself and $150.00 of that was for Windoz Home Vista 64-bit. Thing is, once you;ve buiklt one, you're never antsy about changing a part any more.

I shall never buy an entire assembled computer system again.

Caz

jmig
January 19th, 2009, 14:51
:applause: to the :typing: above. This thread was funny. Thanks!

Bjoern
January 19th, 2009, 15:46
Three months of OS terror behind me and two weeks of exams in front of me. Go figure...

deathfromafar
January 19th, 2009, 15:47
I feel your pain, been through that a couple of times. Afterwards, I went all out to make sure I have enough redundancy in case of such a crash(3 systems plus multiple backups). The first 2 crashes several years back sidelined me a while and I had to use systems that weren't my own(for business related needs) and was without FS8 & FS9 not to mention losing everything. Good backup systems/storage are pretty inexpensive these days to keep vital files safe but I took two of my older systems and refurbushed them as secondary systems in case my main goes down.

swimeye
January 19th, 2009, 23:45
I feel very sorry for you, i experienced the same just a month ago and now when everything is running normally again i have a very nice feeling of satisfaction, almost like nothing ever bothers me as long as i can flee into the world of FSX. :jump:

Lionheart
January 20th, 2009, 16:43
<---- 3 in one year.... I have been spending more time rebuilding rather then 'building'..

:banghead:

Bill