PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia B-29 Input Please?

dougal
January 24th, 2014, 04:17
Hi folks
The B-29 release seems to have been a very subdued affair. Now its been out a while, can anyone throw any light on it? I'm not desperately worried about systems depth, but I'd REALLY like to hear about the visual quality, its flight dynamics and engine output etc. Are there any glaring faults with it?

Any input most welcome
cheers

DaveQ
January 24th, 2014, 09:28
I've had it from early on and think the general model looks superb. In many respects it's a typical Virtavia product, looks very good, vc quite straightforward and sufficient for most things. I have to say I can't get too wound up over the FDE since I've never flown a real one (nor ever likely to, like almost everyone else here) but it comes off the deck quite slowly as descriptions say it should and the props are designed to give the appearance of low rpm (though they don't look very good - see later). I've done a few repaints available here and at Flightsim.com, and include new prop and engine files to correct the low rpm problem and put 'silver' prop bosses on to it. I think it's a gem to be honest.

DaveQ

Ian Warren
January 24th, 2014, 11:29
Regard the prop texture, I replaced the B-29s texture with my A2A strato prop texture which gave it a very much nicer effect, other than that like Dave said, I really did like the VC that did come up quite brilliant.

Bill Kestell
January 24th, 2014, 11:48
I've flown their B-29 on several Hump flights (20,000' into Chengtu, China) and I can't fault it. I had not been flying in VC very much, having been a 2D guy ... but I've done a 180 and am now equally comfortable in either. Their VC is more than just good and if I didn't alreadt have it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

adi518
January 25th, 2014, 10:58
Check out my review here: http://airdailyx.blogspot.co.il/2013/11/virtavia-b-29-superfortress-our-own.html

dougal
January 26th, 2014, 06:38
Many thanks
Time for a closer look then i think.