PDA

View Full Version : L-1011 TriStar released (Captain Sim)

YoYo
January 23rd, 2014, 12:54
Full package now (with interior too):

http://www.captainsim.com/products/l011/index.html

3166 3167

StormILM
January 23rd, 2014, 14:38
Looks very nice but I already have the Just Flight version and am pretty happy with it after I did some FDE tweaking. I am wondering if the CS version has a functioning Delco Carousel INS?
That's one thing I like about the vintage Just Flight version with the Carousel INS, it functions pretty good.

flibinite
January 23rd, 2014, 15:56
Looks very nice but I already have the Just Flight version and am pretty happy with it after I did some FDE tweaking. I am wondering if the CS version has a functioning Delco Carousel INS?
That's one thing I like about the vintage Just Flight version with the Carousel INS, it functions pretty good.

Apparently you can add the CIVA INS as a popup, but CS was unable to contact the developer to integrate a VC version. Otherwise, looks like generally positive initial impressions.

Can you share your FDE tweaks? Th JF plane has always seemed overpowered to me

dvj
January 23rd, 2014, 15:57
Wow, I updated my visual model just now, but even with the 10 euro discount, it still expensive. I kind of a like the JF version a little better. Just feels and sounds different.

StormILM
January 23rd, 2014, 17:54
Can you share your FDE tweaks? Th JF plane has always seemed overpowered to me

Let me look into this as I am making more changes and I will look at the thrust and drag a bit.

fliger747
January 23rd, 2014, 18:08
The pilots that I kew who flew the plane liked it a lot.

Carousel INS.... I suffered with those with the 747-100-200-300's. Sometimes they were in a good mood, sometimes not.

T

rayhere48
January 23rd, 2014, 18:51
Yep, Just Flight is very nice. CS stuff is so expensive. Just my two cents.

Portia911
January 23rd, 2014, 22:53
Let me look into this as I am making more changes and I will look at the thrust and drag a bit.

I too would be interested to see your 'tweaks' if you are happy to share, Storm. :wavey:

Navy Chief
January 24th, 2014, 01:33
I too would be interested to see your 'tweaks' if you are happy to share, Storm. :wavey:

Me too! I also own, and prefer the JF Tristar. Better price too, if I recall. NC

Martyn
January 24th, 2014, 02:46
We (JF) are hoping to do an upgrade for the Tristar soon, similar to the concept of the 'Extended' version of Airbus X.

HansRoaming
January 24th, 2014, 03:02
We (JF) are hoping to do an upgrade for the Tristar soon, similar to the concept of the 'Extended' version of Airbus X.

That's fantastic and there are a number of JF products that I haven't bought because they've been too light (It's not cost it's time for me), would bite your arm off for an extended version say up to quality wings or simcheck level of detail. For older planes an API that FS2Crew could tie into would be killer for me as well.

Martyn
January 24th, 2014, 03:13
Myself and a couple of colleagues have formed a new in-house development team (an article on this will be in an upcoming issue of PC Pilot), with the Canberra being our first project. Hopefully you can see from that aircraft that we are aiming for a new level of functionality and that will be the case for all our future projects.

I'll take a look at introducing FS2Crew compatibility, its not something that I've used before.

ColinT46
January 24th, 2014, 07:38
Myself and a couple of colleagues have formed a new in-house development team (an article on this will be in an upcoming issue of PC Pilot), with the Canberra being our first project. Hopefully you can see from that aircraft that we are aiming for a new level of functionality and that will be the case for all our future projects.

I'll take a look at introducing FS2Crew compatibility, its not something that I've used before.

Does this mean that JF will finally cater for P3D or will it still be hit and miss on future releases.
What about updating some current products to P3D.

Colin.

Martyn
January 24th, 2014, 09:40
Hi Colin,

Which products are you referring to? All aircraft going forward should be P3D compatible.

Thanks
Martyn

monk1
January 24th, 2014, 09:53

Any chance of a civilian cargo version? Cargo without the refueling apparatus on the back?

Martyn
January 24th, 2014, 11:40
Any chance of a civilian cargo version? Cargo without the refueling apparatus on the back?

If we do go ahead with the upgrade then I can't see that being a problem. To be honest I can't remember the logic behind not including a civilian cargo variant in the original product!

ce_zeta
January 24th, 2014, 12:02
:dizzy: With this price, The CS1011 is out of the market.

ColinT46
January 24th, 2014, 13:37
Hi Colin,

Which products are you referring to? All aircraft going forward should be P3D compatible.

Thanks
Martyn

DC-6b and DC-8 and EE lightning would be a start.

COLIN

RAS_JF
January 24th, 2014, 14:58
Have you tried installing them into P3D? You might find that they actually work already. We've yet to try them but off the top of my head I can't think of any likely issues that might come up with them.

ColinT46
January 24th, 2014, 15:09
Have you tried installing them into P3D? You might find that they actually work already. We've yet to try them but off the top of my head I can't think of any likely issues that might come up with them.

I don't have FSX installed and don't want to fiddle the installation. Are you telling me the JF installer will let me choose a directory?

Colin.

warchild
January 24th, 2014, 17:05
::chuckles:: and here i am still flying the old CLS version ( well i did say "old" ). Just glad to see the old girl getting the attention she deserves from two very fine companies..
Pam

RAS_JF
January 25th, 2014, 02:56
I don't have FSX installed and don't want to fiddle the installation. Are you telling me the JF installer will let me choose a directory?

Colin.
Hi Colin,

On the screen where the installer probably tells you that it can't find FSX, there is a Browse button. If you use that and point the installer to the P3DV2 folder then you should be able to install into there.
* One extra step is that you will need to create an FSX.exe file in the root of P3Dv2 in order for the installer to let you. Just make a text file in there and change the name and extension.
Hope it helps.

FlameOut
January 25th, 2014, 03:58
DISCOUNT PRICE !

Can someone help me out here?

I purchased the "exterior model" for 9.99 Euros last month( Dec. 16th.) during the sale event, BTW it was 9.99 Euros before that...

I go to store and click on 10.00 Euros discount button, now I get it for 29.99 Euros instead of 39.99 Euros where you can get the "whole aircraft"

I'm logged onto my "account" at the store and have placed it in my "basket" then I go through all of the steps until I get to the last page where I have to submit the final C.C. payment, and that is where I stop.

I even had the "Boss Lady" come and watch me do the steps.....

Let's see now: I have paid 9.99 Euros + 29.99 Euros (would have paid ) = 39.98 Euros, where is the discount? :pop4:

I'm getting older and I'm 4-eyed, maybe I'm not seeing it.

I'm asking... is this the right math calculations or do I need to take my shoes off and count my little toes too, or did I just make a fool of myself. :banghead:

ce_zeta
January 25th, 2014, 05:22
DISCOUNT PRICE !

I purchased the "exterior model" for 9.99 Euros last month( Dec. 16th.) during the sale event, BTW it was 9.99 Euros before that...

I go to store and click on 10.00 Euros discount button, now I get it for 29.99 Euros instead of 39.99 Euros where you can get the "whole aircraft"

I'm logged onto my "account" at the store and have placed it in my "basket" then I go through all of the steps until I get to the last page where I have to submit the final C.C. payment, and that is where I stop.

Let's see now: I have paid 9.99 Euros + 29.99 Euros (would have paid ) = 39.98 Euros, where is the discount? :pop4:

I'm asking... is this the right math calculations or do I need to take my shoes off and count my little toes too, or did I just make a fool of myself. :banghead:
Your discount is 39.99€ -39.98€=00.01€ (one cent!!!) :wiggle:
Yeah is the biggest discount that you will see in your entire life!

chet twowolves
January 25th, 2014, 06:56
I just wish I could get atc to work .:dizzy:

dvj
January 25th, 2014, 07:08
DISCOUNT PRICE !

Use of the word discount is misleading. You are just purchasing the remaining balance due for the full model at the full price. It's the new math!

YoYo
January 25th, 2014, 11:46
Some of pictures in Hi-Res (maybe more expensive than JF but looks realy amazing). FPS are good (on my machine stable 30 with lock of 30 on external limiter from VC):

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/L-1011%20TriStar/Screenshot15257_zpscf65b9ee.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/L-1011%20TriStar/Screenshot36876_zpsdebee58e.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/L-1011%20TriStar/Screenshot17589_zpsd5da408e.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/L-1011%20TriStar/Screenshot21167_zpsbd8eeb93.jpg~original

Roger
January 25th, 2014, 12:25
You know I feel a little sorry for Yoyo and Captain sim. Yoyo announces a new model by CS and it turns into a JF thread. I can understand people wanting to make their feelings known but this thread has been hijacked.

StormILM
January 25th, 2014, 13:14
You know I feel a little sorry for Yoyo and Captain sim. Yoyo announces a new model by CS and it turns into a JF thread. I can understand people wanting to make their feelings known but this thread has been hijacked.

I perhaps take a good bit of the blame for that but I don't think any of us had the intention of hijacking or berating the CS version. We have concluded both the JF and CS versions are great looking and have their tradeoffs which we can gather for purchasing considerations but gladly I see no one really bashing either of them.

In this one case, I am glad to see that the JF version is actually being recognized for it's excellent quality and value and not the subject of ridicule. I would encourage Martyn to begin a separate thread about the upgrade discussions of the JF version.

Portia911
January 25th, 2014, 14:06
Apologies for my part in the hijack. There is an interesting (and mostly positive) 5-page thread on the new CS L1011 over at avsim:
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/432950-captain-sim-l1011-released/

manfredc3
January 25th, 2014, 14:12
I was just wondering if the CaptainSim version has a better cockpit functionality than the JustFlight one. I am not looking for PMDG NGX level, but the primary buttons should at least be working, and not just dummies. I fired up the JustFlight one yesterday and besides the fact that a lot of buttons on the overhead panel are not working (No Smoking, Seat Belt, Nose wheel light), and the 2D panels are overlapping each other.

Sorry, not looking for answers on issues related to the JustFlight version. I just want to know if the CaptainSim version has more functionality.

Manfredc2

chet twowolves
January 25th, 2014, 21:27
I've been trying to get the atc window to work . Don't here the radio. Works with the rest of my planes. Help!:banghead:

StormILM
January 25th, 2014, 21:45
I've been trying to get the atc window to work . Don't here the radio. Works with the rest of my planes. Help!:banghead:

I do not have this model but my most recent CS model was the 737-200. From what it seems, your avionics are not getting power which could mean the master avionics switch is off or the A/C bus on the Flight Engineers panel may not be engaged. On the JF version, I unknowingly caused my radios to go offline because I accidentally tripped the A/C power offline. Go through your panel manuals and see if their is a flow list regarding the power systems. You'll probably find the issue fairly quickly.

Martyn
January 26th, 2014, 04:38
I would encourage Martyn to begin a separate thread about the upgrade discussions of the JF version.

We currently have nothing else to add regarding this potential project. My one line response to someone else's mention of our product is all the info that I currently have. The other postings by myself and Rich were in response to various other questions that were asked. No 'hijacking' intended...

As always, I will of course start a new thread if I have anything substantial to add/announce.

vonstroheim
January 26th, 2014, 12:48
Well, it's interesting to compare CS and JF Tristar versions. I have both, but currently have only CS exterior, merged with JF cockpit. FPS and looks are excellent in the JF cockpit, soundset is great too. CS exterior is fabulous. I might keep it that way. But I'm interested in reading pros and cons of each version... Not sure yet if I'll buy CS complete base pack... even if I'm a big CS addict...

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1844x1038q90/689/lr0g.jpg
JustFlight Tristar virtual cockpit (JF has a working free demo)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1844x1038q90/32/4g8u.jpg
Captain Sim L-1011-1 Court Line (ca. 1973) by "CourtLineFlyer" (WIP not yet realeased) with JF cockpit.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1844x1038q90/89/sh8e.jpg
Captain Sim L-1011-1 TWA in Gran Canaria International Airport by Sim Giants (http://www.sim-giants.com/product.asp?prod=1) (free)

Javis
January 26th, 2014, 18:54

Just clicking the ATC window doesn't work here anymore. You have to actually dial the frequency into your comm radios first. Then the ATC window will become active again.

Personally my jaw is on the floor ( happens almost all the time lately, i think i'd better leave it there.. ) with this beautiful ancient beast. :encouragement:

cheers,
jan

YoYo
January 27th, 2014, 22:41
VC of CS model:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/L-1011%20TriStar/Screenshot93188_zpsff0157dd.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/L-1011%20TriStar/Screenshot83665_zpsf3b9647e.jpg~original

thunder100
January 27th, 2014, 23:29
I have the JF and the CS exterior model.

Looking to the Pictures I think the VC is a bit better on the CS.

But the JF Comes with 2 D Panel as well and I can use the gauges to upgrade a lot of older planes VC's (and 2D) I still fly in FSX to (much) better gauges(including the band ones)

So I stay with CS exterior and use the JF interior in it.Works fine

my 2 Cents

Roland

YoYo
January 28th, 2014, 14:40
I have the JF and the CS exterior model.

Looking to the Pictures I think the VC is a bit better on the CS.

But the JF Comes with 2 D Panel as well and I can use the gauges to upgrade a lot of older planes VC's (and 2D) I still fly in FSX to (much) better gauges(including the band ones)

So I stay with CS exterior and use the JF interior in it.Works fine

my 2 Cents

Roland

Interesting idea ;), but Im impressed of VC and external model of this CS TriStar. Cant do now cold and dark - manual (in 3 parts) has near 250 pages.
A lot of reading before me : )!

YoYo
January 30th, 2014, 00:00
Start-up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDFCvy9jyr8

ce_zeta
January 30th, 2014, 05:42
The most important feature of CS aircrafts are...Bugs?

What bugs have this bird?

sepp666
April 5th, 2014, 00:53
I love the TriStar! The last L-1011 of the Royal Air Force are now decommissioned...

Please watch in 1080p:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J52evNYi73A

sepp666
April 10th, 2014, 10:00
1.2 is out. They are working hard to get the TriStar right. Nice, my first Captain Sim and it's getting great support.:applause:

papab
April 10th, 2014, 11:21
Absolutely fantastic support..Top Notch
V1.2 is stable so far with no CTD

See my other thread here on their support: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?86660-Thank-you-Captain-Sim!

Rick

odourboy
April 10th, 2014, 14:48
Glad to hear that CS is making an effort to support this release. In my experience, that has not always been the case and I admit I've been a vocal critic of their support (their forum in particular). However, I appreciate an honest attempt to make good. This aircraft is on my 'buy' list now. Just waiting for the dust to settle.