PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 CD for Sale?

Dataman
January 22nd, 2014, 13:01
To All,

I had in my possesion a copy of this game but cannot for the life of me figure out where it has gone.

I have been shopping around for a copy on Amazon, but the prices can be somewhat astonishing.

Would anyone here have an extra set of CDs that they might be willing to part with?

If so, please let me know in a PM what you would like for the disks + shipping.

Thank you all.

kwb737
January 22nd, 2014, 13:36
To All,

I had in my possesion a copy of this game but cannot for the life of me figure out where it has gone.

I have been shopping around for a copy on Amazon, but the prices can be somewhat astonishing.

Would anyone here have an extra set of CDs that they might be willing to part with?

If so, please let me know in a PM what you would like for the disks + shipping.

Thank you all.

If you have a ebay account you might try here. Cheaper than Amazon. :)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=combat+flight+simulator+2&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1311.R7.TR7.TRC1.A0.Xcombat +flight+simulator+&_nkw=microsoft+combat+flight+simulator+2&_sacat=0

Blood_Hawk23
January 22nd, 2014, 14:10
I know this isn't something we promot so I won't say it aloud. but if you need a copy you can make one for your own use. so if an arangement can be made... I will go no further with my suggestion.

I use a copy for my installs so that the original remains undamaged. Lets face it, these CDs don't last forever. With MS pulling support and such for it, its all that is left.

Dataman
January 23rd, 2014, 03:32
Thank you kwb737 ..... I have not used EBAY in a few years and my account was closed a while back, but it might be something to try.

Thank you as well Blood_Hawk23 ..... That is how I had it installed in my other pc, but recently got a new one and now cannot find what I did with the CDs.

The search will continue.

Finn
January 23rd, 2014, 12:51
Frankly, I do all my installs from an updated copy (all the new eyecandy, no CD-nonsens, all of the updates and no silly start-movie). Once done, I keep the "standard" sample pristine, and copy from that. And still I wouldn't be without my original CD-set for all in the world, so by all means DO buy an original copy rather than make any pirated copy. Then use it for a new standard (a lot has happened since it emerged) that you can use for other installs. But never, ever be without the originals - one day you may need it. And then of course - after bying it, you are bound to find the first one, which you cannot find today, but better two copies than none.:encouragement:
Finn

Dataman
January 24th, 2014, 04:40
Thank you Finn!

I am looking for an original CD and was hoping to find them here, possibly from someone that has an extra set.

I am still trying to find my set, but have not had much luck.

Amazon.com has new CDs, but they are very expensive and the used ones, although more affordable, often leave me with the doubt if they are still in a workable condition.

Devildog73
January 24th, 2014, 10:49
I know absolutely NOTHING about this site, but.......

http://www.old-games.com/download/6519/microsoft-combat-flight-simulator-2

It does look interesting. I am not sure that 633MB covers the actual full install from CDs.

Before I d/l anything, I would check their reputation, if that is even possible.

But then, I tend to be a bit overly cautious and have been accused of being a cynic.....lol.

Dataman
January 25th, 2014, 10:18
Thank you Devildog73!

I actually found that site, and was slightly suspicious.

I did reach out to them, and asked if they sold the game via CD vs download, and their response was it was only available via download.

I later found out that selling the game in that fashion was not legal, so I am glad I did not take the plunge.

I appreciate the find!