PDA

View Full Version : Questions....

winslow33
October 5th, 2008, 13:41
OK.

1.How can I get my AI wingmates to drive? I'm making my own mission, but I want to change B-17 bombers to Shermans. The problem is that they drive strait and try to take off instead of shooting.:banghead::isadizzy:

2. Does anyone have ideas on how to use a C-47 in a mission? It's a nice plane.:icon_lol:

3.How can I make mesh scenery FAST? I tried using CfsTmap, but it's too slow.:banghead: I have to make an entire country.

4.Can I set my aircraft as being a car? The AI's can drive Kubelwagens, so why can't I??:isadizzy:

Finaly,

5.How can I aim a flak gun like the AI's. TG2 doesn't let me.:banghead:

Thanks.. And sorry for bombarding you with dumb questions.:redf:

Johnny
October 5th, 2008, 15:09
1. I don't know. How? :isadizzy:

2. C-47 make good targets. :costumes:

3. I don't know. How? :wiggle:

4. Yes you can.:173go1:

5. Ask Hubbabubba, everyone else does. :applause:

W., there are no dumb questions. Just dumb answers. I an not sure who said that, but I am sure he was right.:wavey:

j:cost1:

winslow33
October 5th, 2008, 15:39
How can I set up a mission so i can drive a car, if its possible?

Johnny
October 5th, 2008, 15:55
~S~ W,

Sorry, I have a touch of that P&W virus. Did you download the vehicles? I guess not. Start here but do not forget to get the updates on other pages.

http://www.simviation.com/cfs1misc3.htm

5. You can not aim a flak gun.

Sorry, not even Hubbabubba has figured that one out.

j.:cost1:

winslow33
October 5th, 2008, 17:52
Oh, yeah, I have those cars. I kind of meant the ones that havn't been done, like a Sherman with a rocket launcher, or a tree.
I want to put a TG2 aimable gun in a tree and sit there shooting stuff so it looks like a sniper in the tree.:173go1:

Too bad a flak gun isn't aimable. Oh, well. There isn't room on the forums to gripe and complain.:mixedsmi: At least we can aim our turrets!

BTW, I have the P&W virus also. Exept with punk rock... (That's my type of music...) lol.:isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

Ivan
October 5th, 2008, 18:30
I have spent the last couple of days tuning aircraft with a Pratt & Whitney R-2800-8 and -8W. Does that count?

- Ivan.

Johnny
October 6th, 2008, 07:47
~S~ Ivan,

I am not sure, do you hum the engine sounds?

j.:costumes:

Pratt&Whitney
October 6th, 2008, 14:58
The medical term is Piandubya Melodic Derivative Disorder (PMDD).

The symptoms include breaking into songs tangentially related to what the subject was talking/thinking about.

There is no known cure, but those around patients with this disorder find that "While silence is golden, duct tape is silver"

smilo
October 6th, 2008, 15:58
speaking of tape...
I was looking for something better than duct tape for an outside application. you know how the stuff usually deteriorates.
well, I was sold some tape called Gorilla Tape. it's from the same company that makes Gorilla Glue.
holy cow, does this stuff stick and it looks like it will stand up to the elements much better than the standard stuff.
I will let you know for sure in the spring.

winslow33
October 6th, 2008, 16:18
A day on the forums: From AI wingmates to duct tape... :costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:

smilo
October 6th, 2008, 16:55
topic?
what topic?
we don't need no topic.

womble55
October 7th, 2008, 02:35
One suggestion is to rename a copy of the C47 in CFS as the aircraft in a mission you enjoy. eg change it to B17g

winslow33
October 7th, 2008, 11:50
Yeah, thanks for the idea womble55.

Does anybody have any ideas on where one could buy CFS? I have a friend who wants to play online with me, but first she needs a copy of the game.:isadizzy: We checked E-Bay, but no luck.

Ivan
October 7th, 2008, 12:35
Hi Smilo,

I don't really like Gorilla Glue. From what I can tell, it is fairly close to Polyurethane glue. It bubbles out of places and while adhesion is good, it really isn't all that strong.

Regarding good tape, I use some Aluminum tape for duct work that seems to be fairly weather resistant. There is also the "1000 mph" tape that folks used to use to patch bullet holes in aircraft. I think you can get it in military surplus stores.

2 cents.
- Ivan.

smilo
October 7th, 2008, 14:27
Yeah, thanks for the idea womble55.

Does anybody have any ideas on where one could buy CFS? I have a friend who wants to play online with me, but first she needs a copy of the game.:isadizzy: We checked E-Bay, but no luck.

are you sure about ebay?

http://computers.shop.ebay.com/items/Simulation__W0QQQ5ftrkparmsZ72Q253A1209Q257C39Q253 A1Q257C66Q253A2Q257C65Q253A12QQ_catrefZ1QQ_sacatZ8 0336QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_pgnZ2?_trksid=p32 86.c0.m14

http://computers.shop.ebay.com/items/Simulation__W0QQQ5ftrkparmsZ72Q253A1209Q257C39Q253 A1Q257C66Q253A2Q257C65Q253A12QQ_catrefZ1QQ_sacatZ8 0336QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_pgnZ4?_trksid=p32 86.c0.m14

this is from the first 4 pages

or try Amazon.

hello Ivan,
never used the glue, but I've heard of it. the tape worked great and I bought it on Sunday.
There are no surplus stores for at least 50 miles, so I'm SOL there.

Johnny
October 7th, 2008, 14:42
~S~ All,

Gorilla Glue is polyurethane glue. You can take two blocks of whatever, wet them and paint the surface you want to stick with polyurethane and clamp them together, same effect. Insulate your home by mixing polyurethane and water.

Aluminum tape is good, but "1000 mph" tape? Magnesium tape should be the fastest. I have been told it is used in afterburners to make the jets go ZOOM. Just keep it away from a flame.

j.

winslow33
October 8th, 2008, 15:39
Thanks Smilo. I'll check again. We could of just missed it.:redf:

Willy
October 8th, 2008, 16:19
5. You can not aim a flak gun.

I beg to differ on this. Hans Egebo had a flak gun set up in a couple of the aircraft dp files used in his Star Wars campaign. You had to be at the correct range for it to be effective though.

As this was almost 10 years ago, a lot of the details escape me, but I'll see what I can find out on it. I think I know where my CFS notes book is at.

Willy

winslow33
October 8th, 2008, 16:30
Thanks. I figured there was a way: If the AI can do it, I can do it better!!!:costumes:

Johnny
October 8th, 2008, 18:01
~S~ All,

"Hans Egebo had a flak gun set up in a couple of the aircraft dp files used in his Star Wars campaign."

I meant you can not aim a flak gun in FREE FLIGHT, QUICK COMBAT, or MULTI PLAYER. As far as I know.

Flak rockets are on the FW-190a in Quick combat, I think and some Missions, but you can't aim them with TG2. (Fat Cars, I think or something like that is one.)

J.