PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on with Britsim???

Hooky722
January 20th, 2014, 04:53
Is anyone having this same issue I've just tried downloading Peter Watkins repaint on Mr Richardson's fantastic meteor FR.9 and keep getting this message:

"Your session was not validated and anti-leach measures are in effect"

Now what the Hell is a Leech in computer speak and Why does Britsim seem to Think I am one? Am I alone here or is this happening to everyone else??? Its funny because I tried uploading two of my Meteor repaints there the other night and they were never posted? I Don't know if the two are connected?

Any Help here would be grand

Cheers

Hooky

falcon409
January 20th, 2014, 05:39
Nope, no problems here. Just downloaded one to be sure.

papab
January 20th, 2014, 05:40
Happened to me as well
Do they require you to register before you can download?

I Googled anti-leech and came up with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leech_(computing)

dhazelgrove
January 20th, 2014, 05:43
I get it as well - even after logging in.

Dave

cajj1
January 20th, 2014, 05:43
It looks as though you need to have an account to download from Britsim. I tried to download the same file as you and got the same error message, I was able to download it after I had logged in to the site.

From what I can remember I don't think it used to be necessary to have an account to download files from Britsim, but maybe its something they introduced as a security measure against the various troubles with hackers that they've had over recent months.

falcon409
January 20th, 2014, 05:52
As I said above, I went into the downloads area and downloaded the "prototype" livery for the F4 model without any problems. I was logged in, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I tried downloading without logging in first and it just told me I had to log in. . .so there's something else going on with your setups.

falcon409
January 20th, 2014, 05:55
Happened to me as well
Do they require you to register before you can download?

I Googled anti-leech and came up with this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leech_(computing)
So basically, if you get that message, they're calling you a "Freeloader", lol. You don't give us anything. . . .we won't give you anything. That's strange. Never heard of that one before.

Sascha66
January 20th, 2014, 06:26
I tried now and could download no problem. I don't have an account at Britsim so I don't think it has something to do with that.

Cheers,
Sascha

WarHorse47
January 20th, 2014, 06:33
I downloaded it, but it sure took awhile. Seems that the links are not very responsive, meaning it takes a few seconds for the pages to change/refresh. After I selected the paint to download I went off to another website while the page loaded.

peterwatkins2
January 20th, 2014, 06:50
I have just uploaded the Israeli Meteor FR9 paint to BritSim and it took about four times longer than usual. Response is very slow at the moment for some reason. I will contact Rob English to advise him of the situation although he is probably out flying his Police helicopter at the moment!

dhasdell
January 20th, 2014, 06:51
I just downloaded one of Peter Watkins' Meteor skins without any trouble, and without logging in. I had to promise not to upload it anywhere else, but that's all.

I have been having trouble getting into SOH, though.

fsafranek
January 20th, 2014, 07:37
So basically, if you get that message, they're calling you a "Freeloader", lol. You don't give us anything. . . .we won't give you anything. That's strange. Never heard of that one before.
That's how the old file sharing BBS's used to work back before the days of web browsers. They had file upload/download ratios. That would keep the leeches away. Easy to get around though by just moving files around from one source to another.

We have it so good now.
:ernaehrung004:

falcon409
January 20th, 2014, 07:39
. . . . .We have it so good now.
:ernaehrung004:
That's for sure.

manfredc3
January 20th, 2014, 08:32
Hooky, I am getting the same message when trying to download any of the files on the site. I even tried Chrome and IE.

Hooky722
January 20th, 2014, 10:59
Funny, what ever was going on seems to have cleared itself up I can now download it now wonder what that was all about? thanks for the quick responses everbody.

Hooky