PDA

View Full Version : Airbase.dat.............

Fibber
January 18th, 2014, 17:18
........please forgive this tired subject but I can't remember the answer.

I have my ETO set up and running with Achims AB's. Now I have been adding in different campaigns and they each have different "... add to AB database.." Now here is where I forget. If I add the additions , using sequential numbers and leave in Achims will there be a conflict or do I have to compare (ackkkk!) each addition to the one I have or do I need a different AB.dat for each campaign, ie BOB 1940, Fleet air arm)?

Allen
January 18th, 2014, 17:54
From what I recall the Airbase.dat is only needs to be updated if you plan to edit or build a mission that is using or will use the new airbase.

Blood_Hawk23
January 18th, 2014, 19:07
From what I recall the Airbase.dat is only needs to be updated if you plan to edit or build a mission that is using or will use the new airbase.

Fibber,
Make sure these numbers don't match any other.

[runway.xxx]
id=xxxx

runway.xxx just start with the next number in line. For the id=xxxx I start with 8000. See example

[runway.161]
id=8088
name=Korea-Seosan
base_lat=N36 42.49
base_lon=E126 28.93
base_alt=42
heading=25
allegiance=0
units_across=2
takeoff_start_pos=-800,0
takeoff_stop_pos=1600,200
landing_start_pos=5000,350
landing_touchdown_pos=900,0
landing_stop_pos=-800,0

[runway.162]
id=8089
name=Korea-Pochun
base_lat=N37 51.80
base_lon=E127 10.90
base_alt=330
heading=33
allegiance=0
units_across=1
takeoff_start_pos=-450,0
takeoff_stop_pos=1600,200
landing_start_pos=5000,350
landing_touchdown_pos=600,0
landing_stop_pos=-450,0

Its needed for MB and I think for QC and freeflight. I can't remember exactly. I think 199 is the limit. I don't go that high if I can help it.

Talon
January 18th, 2014, 19:27
I have 297 entries in my one airbase.dat with no problems.All of my other installs are under 200.

Fibber
January 18th, 2014, 19:49
....so if my addled brain is , sequential numbers mean squat, as long as the ID numbers don't conflict I am OK?

Blood_Hawk23
January 18th, 2014, 21:33
....so if my addled brain is , sequential numbers mean squat, as long as the ID numbers don't conflict I am OK?

Fibber,
Keep them sepuential. I makes it easier. you don't want repeating numbers of either. if in doubt, Enter the [runway.xxx] into "find next" or "replace" and if there is a repeat you'll know. you can do the same with the id=xxxx.

Talon,
I've gone over 200 before and the ones that went too far over didn't show up. I wonder what I did wrong. oh well that install was lost with time.

Rami
January 19th, 2014, 02:59
Fibber and Blood_Hawk23,

I would agree with both of your assessments. The runway numbers must be sequential, but the airbase IDs do not.

However, though the sequence of numbers skip in places, the airbase IDs are also sequential, from lowest to highest. That way, as Blood_Hawk states, you don't get conflicting numbers.

Rami
January 19th, 2014, 03:02
Fibber,

One other thing....each campaign that I have in the ETO includes a "Master" airbase.dat entry which you can literally copy and paste into your airbase.dat file. That way, you have ALL of Achim's base IDs, the ones from Gary Burns, (CFS2 BoB) Canion's Waddington airbase, and the location of all of Ettico's EuroTargets.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 19th, 2014, 05:18
Fibber,

One other thing....each campaign that I have in the ETO includes a "Master" airbase.dat entry which you can literally copy and paste into your airbase.dat file. That way, you have ALL of Achim's base IDs, the ones from Gary Burns, (CFS2 BoB) Canion's Waddington airbase, and the location of all of Ettico's EuroTargets.

I always thought that your "master" airbase.dat was a substitute .dat file to replace the one I already have in that theater/install. Am I mistaken? :wiggle:

Rami
January 19th, 2014, 08:18
I always thought that your "master" airbase.dat was a substitute .dat file to replace the one I already have in that theater/install. Am I mistaken? :wiggle:

Shadow Wolf 07,

Not necessarily. I put that in so each campaign runs off the same set of numbers for that theatre. Generally speaking, Achim's numbers (as well as Canion, Gary Burns, and Ettico) and mine achieve about a 95% congruency. But it's not completely synchronous.