PDA

View Full Version : For Stearman enthusiasts.....

Navy Chief
January 18th, 2014, 10:00
Here's a cool video, sent to me by a Navy shipmate of mine who owns a Stearman and lives at Roy E. Ray airport, Bayou Le Batre, AL.

His Stearman looks identical to one of the ones painted yellow with a green stripe in this video, but his aircraft is not featured.

https://vimeo.com/84327779

NC

Roger
January 18th, 2014, 10:34
Great video but why did they spoil it with the wrong music! I rather hear the music of a big, round engine:santahat:

Crusader
January 18th, 2014, 10:39
Love the Stearman's NC . Thanks for sharing . I was fortunate to ride in one seven or eight years ago at our local airport . It had yellow with red colors in USN markings . The gentleman was from Huntingtron , W VA and I believe he told me he was 72 years old at the time . You could sense the plane was really a part of him . We did a couple barrel rolls and landed on grass . It was a thrill of a life time I'll never forget .

Rich

JoeW
January 20th, 2014, 04:46
That looked a lot like Santa Rosa Island, Pensacola Beach.

Navy Chief
January 20th, 2014, 04:56
That looked a lot like Santa Rosa Island, Pensacola Beach.

I believe it is:applause: NC

Victory103
January 20th, 2014, 17:11
Great vid over a familiar area for me. Ask him how much it cost to fly it.

Navy Chief
January 22nd, 2014, 04:45
Great vid over a familiar area for me. Ask him how much it cost to fly it.

Interesting question. I have known Lantz since 1990, and never thought to ask him that. I do know he does most, if not all of the maintenance. He is, besides being a retired US Navy Senior Chief, a A & P Certified Instructor.

I'll email him, and ask about costs.... Pete

JoeW
January 23rd, 2014, 05:32
A Mr. Laudermilk (SP) has/had one out at Regional in a hanger. He works for one of the petrol company's. I was going to copy his for a R/C model. I used to have his phone number.