PDA

View Full Version : To Rami Problem with attachments

bobhegf
January 16th, 2014, 13:00
I have tried to download some attachments but they come out as php files that I can only open in word pad. I understand that I am not the only one having this problem. Can you see about getting it fixed? Thanks for all your hard work.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Ickie
January 16th, 2014, 13:14
just rename them zip instead of php, this seems to be an IE thing
or try download them using firefox or chrome

bobhegf
January 16th, 2014, 13:18
I did and it didn`t change a thing. Will try what you suggested.

Ickie
January 16th, 2014, 13:34
did this help, renaming them zip instead of php

bobhegf
January 16th, 2014, 14:33
No, I wish it had. If you have any other ideas please let me know. I sure would like to fix the problem.

Ickie
January 16th, 2014, 14:39
when you say attachments, do you mean downloads from the library

Ickie
January 16th, 2014, 14:42
when I download from the library I get a zip file

Ickie
January 16th, 2014, 14:45
work with me bob,
I cannot fix unless I know what file and where it is you are having problems with.

bobhegf
January 16th, 2014, 14:56
I don`t have any problems with the library it is the attached files to one of the post I am trying to download. The name of the post is Damaged Aircraft started by me. I am working on scenery for my Cactus missions and need damaged aircraft to put into GSL scenery. Allen has some real nice damaged F4Fs but when I try to download them from the post all I am getting is attachment php. I changed the php to .zip but no go the attachment still remained a php file and I can only open it in word pad.

Talon
January 16th, 2014, 15:04
Put .jpg.That should solve it

gaucho_59
January 16th, 2014, 15:07
I don`t have any problems with the library it is the attached files to one of the post I am trying to download. The name of the post is Damaged Aircraft started by me. I am working on scenery for my Cactus missions and need damaged aircraft to put into GSL scenery. Allen has some real nice damaged F4Fs but when I try to download them from the post all I am getting is attachment php. I changed the php to .zip but no go the attachment still remained a php file and I can only open it in word pad.

This is happened to me several times... not only here but at other sites... it seems that somewhere, somehow some little program at some site mess your uptake mechanism up... Just a couple of days ago.. it happened again....
as I did before... I used my trusty Sony One-click Vaio maintenance.. cleaned things up... rebooted and I was able to download again...
somehow... the download program does not get the name of the file... i.e: "whatever.zip" but rather, some other string that leads to it at the site...
I got a similar problem... where the download screen says: Invalid file... but that was due to my old WinZip... changed to 7Zip... and never got that again... the file was .Rar and my old freeware WinZip (years old) cannot open those...

Ickie
January 16th, 2014, 15:09
in IE-11 yes I get a php file
but using chrome I get a zip file
this problem poped up yesterday after M$ updates
like I said earlier this is an IE problem and I do not know why

here is a pic I took of the folder I downloaded the same file, I put each into this folder, and you see using chrome the zip file is there

bobhegf
January 16th, 2014, 15:14
Thanks, I will see if I can find the program an do a dl from it.

Talon
January 16th, 2014, 15:18
Bob,
I just did a download of one attachment and put .jpg and got the pic

Ickie
January 16th, 2014, 15:21
chrome is googles internet browser

bobhegf
January 16th, 2014, 17:02
D/L chrome and had no problem getting the file zip and open the way it should. ickie thanks for your help. It is nice to get help from the boss , again thanks.

Talon
January 16th, 2014, 17:19
I didn't see the zip files by Allen,LOL.I just notice the pics.