PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue..

Pages : [1] 2 3

Navy Chief
January 14th, 2014, 06:37
Almost a year ago, I asked the question about whether the C9 Phantom could be successfully ported to FSX?

The answer then was that the aircraft itself will port ok, but not the gauges.

My question now would be, could another aircraft gauges be aliased to the C9 Phantom? I bought the C9

F-4, and really liked the model. It would be nice to get it to work in FSX. NC:very_drunk:

Another question along the same lines....C9 products are being sold through another site, so am wondering if I can re-download that package?

SiR_RiPPER
January 14th, 2014, 07:58
I saw someone had merged the freeware IRIS F-15 gauges with the C9 F-4E in FSX and it worked great. The systems wouldn't work though, as their gauges were incompatible with FSX. You will have all the basic flight instruments available though.

trowelmaster
January 17th, 2014, 10:49
like these..:wavey:
yes im in FSX!

Gdavis101
January 17th, 2014, 11:11
Gosh, I forgot all about that plane..

ColoKent
January 17th, 2014, 12:33
....were you able to get the flaps and BOTH canopies working?

Kent

Navy Chief
January 17th, 2014, 13:59

Kent

Flaps aren't visibly animated at initial setting, but are at full flaps. Canopies are not working.

Scratch
January 17th, 2014, 14:58
DANG IT!!!!! I installed my C9 Phantom in FSX and now it won't start. Any suggestions?

ColoKent
January 17th, 2014, 15:54
Thanks Chief...that was my exerience with it in FSX too...

Kent

trowelmaster
January 17th, 2014, 20:26

Kent

All the flap settings work fine, but there is the issue with the canopy that don't work..!
I have to say this bird is my favorite at the moment..lol.

Dumonceau
January 18th, 2014, 06:43
Something like this?

This thing is one of my favourites!

Dumonceau
January 18th, 2014, 06:45
All the flap settings work fine, but there is the issue with the canopy that don't work..!
I have to say this bird is my favorite at the moment..lol.

Could you elaborate on what you did to have that HUD in the VC please? I would love to have that one!

Copyright limitations permitting of course!

trowelmaster
January 18th, 2014, 10:58
Could you elaborate on what you did to have that HUD in the VC please? I would love to have that one!

The C9 phantom was a gift from a member @ Miramar Flight Club he went by the name Creepy847. Sorry I not sure how he got everything to work, but I remember him saying it took over a year to figure everything out though. He gave me the entire package he built w/3 mods and 14 textures..sweet !
:untroubled:

Creepy847
January 18th, 2014, 13:16

Hi Dumonceau,

heres what I did to add the HUD.

1. Find and download the following:

NEW Realistic HUD for the Flight Simulator X Acceleration F/A-18 Hornet
Version 1.0, November 29, 2009
Jivko Rusev (jrusev@gmail.com)

2. Now open your panel config file and add the following:

[Window00]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=456,378
position=4
visible=1
ident=MAIN_PANEL
alpha_blend=0.95
window_size=0.6,0.65
window_pos=0.2,0.3
gauge00=FA18_HUD\FA18_HUD_VC_R!FA18_HUD_VC_R, 150, 0, 178, 178, 4

Note: You are replacing the gauge00=******* with this 'FA18_HUD\FA18_HUD_VC_R!FA18_HUD_VC_R, 150, 0, 178, 178, 4' this allows you to use Shift1 to enable and disable the HUD.
Note: Everytime you change views from VC to outside you will have to reenable the HUD.

3. Now scroll down to [Vcockpit01]

Now you can see the gauge cmd lines they should look like this.
gauge32=?????
gauge33=?????
gauge34=?????

Under the very last gauge line??= add this line and number it correctly with what you have in your config file.

gauge35=FA18_HUD\FA18_HUD_VC_R!FA18_HUD_VC_R, 150, 0, 178, 178, 4 <---------------------------this is the line your adding as the last entry in [Vcockpit01]

Make sure you backup your panel config file before you edit and make sure you save it after you complete the edits. I cannot send you my files as they are copyright limitations.

The file you need to download will also explain how to install it.

Goodluck,

Creeps

Dumonceau
January 18th, 2014, 14:13
Thanks a million Creepy! I've got the other gauges covered with quite a few other ones (among which the Alphasim F-5E for the radar and such)

Finally a HUD for my Phantom! ;-)

HansRoaming
January 19th, 2014, 01:31
You'd think Cloud 9 would pick up on this demand.

dhazelgrove
January 19th, 2014, 02:12
You'd think Cloud 9 would pick up on this demand.

I don't believe that they exist any more.
There's certainly been a demand for this aircraft in FSX for years.

Dave

miragecy
January 19th, 2014, 05:47
And I was hoping for A2A making one but not any more :banghead:

dhazelgrove
January 19th, 2014, 06:18
There's an early USN/USMC F-4B in the works, I believe.
The repaint possibilities for that will require us all to have sunglasses installed - with any luck.

F-8 drivers will still say that she's upside-down, of course.

Speaking of which - where's one of these?

Dave

cortomalteseit
January 19th, 2014, 06:53
Cloud9 doesn't exist anymore (since many years ago), just the support is available from the team of fsdreamteam.
It's a pity, beacuse they did fantastic aircrafts for that era!

Dumonceau
January 19th, 2014, 07:39
Cloud9 doesn't exist anymore (since many years ago), just the support is available from the team of fsdreamteam.
It's a pity, beacuse they did fantastic aircrafts for that era!

I concur! Their Zipper for instance was a true gem! Is there any porting support available on their forums?

At one time I was so tempted to reďnstall FS9 just for those two aircraft... But reďnstalling FS and C9 aircraft on a 64 bit system just didn't work for me... I got the trial period every single time...

cortomalteseit
January 19th, 2014, 08:14
Why do you want to port the Cloud9 Zipper when you can have a wonderful, fantastic, amazing F-104G or S made from Sim Skunk Works? Their model is thousand times better than the old C9's version! You can read pages of positive impressions in this forum!
;)

Dumonceau
January 19th, 2014, 08:23
Why do you want to port the Cloud9 Zipper when you can have a wonderful, fantastic, amazing F-104G or S made from Sim Skunk Works? Their model is thousand times better than the old C9's version! You can read pages of positive impressions in this forum!
;)

Good question! :very_drunk: Thing is that I like "get in and get flying" models. I like the SSW models, but they are not get in and fly models. No pun or criticism intended. I'm just no pilot and don't pretend to be one either!

dhazelgrove
January 19th, 2014, 08:55
Good question! :very_drunk: Thing is that I like "get in and get flying" models. I like the SSW models, but they are not get in and fly models. No pun or criticism intended. I'm just no pilot and don't pretend to be one either!

The SSW Zipper only takes a couple of minutes to get into the air, once you've done it a few times.

Dave

HansRoaming
January 19th, 2014, 13:58
The SSW Zipper only takes a couple of minutes to get into the air, once you've done it a few times.

Dave

Agree, it's a fast plane to get off the blocks and into the air, makes sense as it's a supersonic interceptor for incoming nuclear bombers, you can scramble it fast, get to 40000 in next to no time then look at your fuel guage and start looking for a runway! :)

Seriously it's not hard to start and get going in the air.

dhazelgrove
January 20th, 2014, 00:33
Agree, it's a fast plane to get off the blocks and into the air, makes sense as it's a supersonic interceptor for incoming nuclear bombers, you can scramble it fast, get to 40000 in next to no time then look at your fuel guage and start looking for a runway! :)

Seriously it's not hard to start and get going in the air.

No - that's the Lightning!

Dave

hschuit
April 24th, 2014, 02:53
I coded a fix for a couple of annoying portover issues, this should give you the animations/parts which were invisible in FSX:

- Parking stuff: Click the new "P" icon to show/hide chocks, covers, safety pins and ladder.
- Canopy open/close: Click the new "C" icon or use Exit1 key (Shift-E).
- Jettison Stores : Click the new "J" icon.
- Dragchute : Throttle to idle, then hit the thrust reverser key (F2) to deploy the chute, throttle up to drop it.
- Tail light : The ugly gap is now covered.
- Auto slats controller: Drops the slats as AoA increases (works at speeds above 240 kias). Below 240 kias, set flaps/slats for takeoff/landing with the Full Flaps key (F8).

The gauge and instructions are in the attachment - see the readme file.
BTW: Scenery is RAF Bentwaters from the Airfield Construction Group - FSX Twin Bases.

Dumonceau
April 24th, 2014, 07:58
Oh WOW!!! Thanks Henk!!!

ST0RM
April 24th, 2014, 09:06
I wish I had this. It's still a beautiful model.

-Jeff

Navy Chief
April 24th, 2014, 15:28
Great job, Henk! I took off from NAS Fallon, and did some T & Gs. Absolutely beautiful! Love being able to use the drag chute again. Everything works so much better now. The sound of the J79s was fantastic, eh? That unmistakable scream! NC

skyhawka4m
April 24th, 2014, 20:33
thank you!!!!

WarHorse47
April 25th, 2014, 07:58
Kinda wish there was a comprehensive package for porting over the C9 F4 to FSX.

I have it for FS9 and the last time I tried to bring it over to FSX, I encountered all kinds of issues so I gave up. I later found the earlier threads detailing the fixes including replacing the gauges - but I haven't searched if I have the right gauge files or not, or if I have to download more freeware to get where I need to go. Was there an issue with the VC glass - I can't remember.

The screenshots of the portover look great, and I really miss a good F4 for FSX. Maybe when the dust settles, someone can post a summary of all the fixes and perhaps even the gauge files used as a downloadable file?? Just wishful thinking. :pop4:

Victory103
April 25th, 2014, 10:17
WarHorse47, while I agree about the C9 Rhino and miss one of my great FS9 models in FSX, you are tracking the Milviz version in work as well?

WarHorse47
April 25th, 2014, 12:47
WarHorse47, while I agree about the C9 Rhino and miss one of my great FS9 models in FSX, you are tracking the Milviz version in work as well?

One of my favorite things in life is watching paint dry. Just kidding.

Newer products seem to take forever. Yes, I'm watching the progress on the Milviz version. But while I wait it doesn't hurt to revisit the Cloud 9 Phantom for FSX.

skyhawka4m
April 25th, 2014, 15:28
There is a difference between the two planes. Milviz has stated that they are doing an "early" variant of the E. The Cloud9 variant, while dated and a bit of an FPS plane.....is more correct for late paints such as ANG and AFRES units. I will most likely buy the Milviz jet.......if I ever get a new password which still hasn't happened yet. Been wanting the Mirage but not likely coming my way anytime soon either.

Until the Milviz jet is out......

Dumonceau
April 26th, 2014, 01:52
I remember that there was an FS9 repaint available for this gem of an aircraft in the special camo of the unit Falcon409 served in.

Does anyone have that paint?

dhazelgrove
April 26th, 2014, 05:42
Looks like I'm going to have to replace all the Cloud9 gauges to get this to run for me.
It'll be a simplified panel suite.

I'm going to enjoy this.

Dave

Dumonceau
April 26th, 2014, 06:28
Looks like I'm going to have to replace all the Cloud9 gauges to get this to run for me.
It'll be a simplified panel suite.

I'm going to enjoy this.

Dave

Dave,

After you're done with the panel modifications, would you mind sharing your panel.cfg and telling us what gauges you used? I've got most gauges working, but not nearly as many in the original model, and I'm always interested in improving this model (with a working hud for instance)

Dumonceau

hschuit
April 26th, 2014, 06:29
Working on more code to get VC levers/switches working (it is now possible to do a manual engine start from the VC). Also replaced the most essential VC gauges:
Thinking of putting it all in a package for the library.

Dumonceau
April 26th, 2014, 06:30
I wish I had this. It's still a beautiful model.

-Jeff

Jeff,

This model is still available: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

Dumonceau

Dumonceau
April 26th, 2014, 06:36
Working on more code to get VC levers/switches working (it is now possible to do a manual engine start from the VC). Also replaced the most essential VC gauges:
Thinking of putting it all in a package for the library.

Now that would be AWESOME!!!

hschuit
April 27th, 2014, 07:37
I have a portover package beta version ready now, PM me if you are interested. The ZIP file is less than 2MB, it includes a new panel (VC only), updated FDE and instructions.

Dumonceau
April 27th, 2014, 07:57
PM sent! :jump:

cortomalteseit
April 27th, 2014, 08:36
PM sent! :jump:

me too, please :applause:

gray eagle
April 27th, 2014, 11:31
Jeff,

This model is still available: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

Dumonceau

This link is for those that bought the basic FS9 version yes?

WarHorse47
April 27th, 2014, 12:49
I have a portover package beta version ready now, PM me if you are interested. The ZIP file is less than 2MB, it includes a new panel (VC only), updated FDE and instructions.Does the beta package have the updated VC gauges you were working on?? PM Sent.

Thanks for working on this.

hschuit
April 27th, 2014, 12:58
Yes, the new panel folder includes the essential gauges for the VC + the code to enable animations/several VC switches. I also added a couple of popups with a switch panel to select ao Cold & Dark / Ready to Start states, a generic GPS, autopilot and radiostack.

Does the beta package have the updated VC gauges you were working on?? PM Sent.

Thanks for working on this.

dhazelgrove
April 27th, 2014, 21:32
I've got the usual fogged glass issue from the VC.
Ugh!!

Dave

hschuit
April 27th, 2014, 22:58
I've got the usual fogged glass issue from the VC.
Ugh!!

Dave

Are you on DX10 or P3D? I do not see this issue with FSX/Acc - DX9. There are 2 textures which map to the VC glass: C9F4vc7.bmp and C9F4vc8.bmp. Maybe darkening their alpha channel might help?

kdl
April 27th, 2014, 23:48
Thanks for your work, Henk, well done so far!

At this time I have same problem as dhazelgrove:
- I can't see throught glass of the VC, all grey-fogged.

I'm using FSX+Acc, DX9, Win7

Dieter

TuFun
April 28th, 2014, 00:46
I had the milky canopies also, so I darkened the alphas just enough to show some reflections. Some of the other repaints had no alphas... no reflections on the canopy. I will upload a video in a few hours.

Try these textures...

hschuit
April 28th, 2014, 01:27
I had the milky canopies also, so I darkened the alphas just enough to show some reflections. Some of the other repaints had no alphas... no reflections on the canopy. I will upload a video in a few hours.

Try these textures...

Tufun, thanks for the fix! It seems I used the bitmaps without alphas giving me glass without reflections. Now I installed yours I also get the reflections while the glass is not milky. If this also works for Dave and Dieter I will include it in the next version of the portover kit.

kdl
April 28th, 2014, 01:57
Yes, these new canopy bitmaps are working for me, clear visibility now.
Thanks TuFun.

Dieter

bully707
April 28th, 2014, 04:50
This looks oh so tempting...unfortunately my W7 64bit machine will not execute the F-4F installer...
Since I only installed the FSX on my rig last year, when I bought it and only recently installed FS9 again, I have no chance to use the C9 Phantom again...bummer! :grief:

C9 support told me that it should start installing in W7 64bit...but my machine seems to be the exception to the rule...

Sooo sad....

dhazelgrove
April 28th, 2014, 07:51
Tufun, thanks for the fix! It seems I used the bitmaps without alphas giving me glass without reflections. Now I installed yours I also get the reflections while the glass is not milky. If this also works for Dave and Dieter I will include it in the next version of the portover kit.

It works for me.
Thanks.

Dave

TuFun
April 28th, 2014, 08:04
Short video with the canopy mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD1TkxvKRIs

Going to try Nigel Richards F-4 soundset next.

hschuit
April 28th, 2014, 08:33
Short video with the canopy mod. Going to try Nigel Richards F-4 soundset next.

Awesome.....:applause:.....!

cortomalteseit
April 28th, 2014, 09:37
Phantastic video, Tufun, and phabolous mod, Henk!!! :applause::applause::applause:

WarHorse47
April 28th, 2014, 14:04
A BIG THANKS to Henk, Navy Chief, TuFun and everyone else on this project. Between getting things setup and flying the C9 Phantom, it's been a busy, busy morning.

Cheers

Navy Chief
April 28th, 2014, 15:02
A BIG THANKS to Henk, Navy Chief, TuFun and everyone else on this project. Between getting things setup and flying the C9 Phantom, it's been a busy, busy morning.

Cheers

Warhorse, I have been busy the last day or so. Is there a canopy mod needed for this? NC

WarHorse47
April 28th, 2014, 15:33
Warhorse, I have been busy the last day or so. Is there a canopy mod needed for this? NCNah. I'm good. Used TuFun's canopy (post #50), and its just fine. Thanks for asking.

UnknownGuest12
April 28th, 2014, 16:35
Thanks a million Creepy! I've got the other gauges covered with quite a few other ones (among which the Alphasim F-5E for the radar and such)

Finally a HUD for my Phantom! ;-)

Hi
Would like very much if you explain what to do to get gauges working....

Thanks

Dumonceau
April 29th, 2014, 08:33
Hi
Would like very much if you explain what to do to get gauges working....

Thanks

The Hud (and the mods by Henk) are not working on my rig. I'll have to download the original pack again and start over from scratch. Lemme work on it and I'll keep you posted. Just got home from work.

Dumonceau

gray eagle
April 29th, 2014, 11:16
http://i62.tinypic.com/1532tnd.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/21n43mo.jpg

TuFun
April 29th, 2014, 11:30
Flying the GA Phantom in P3D!!! Was stationed at George AFB... EGRESS Tech on F-4C,D,E,F (German), and G Wild Weasel birds. Also had the pleasure of the F-105F and G Wild Weasel birds!

Cockpit shadows!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/29/JpPew.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/29/suj0V.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/29/bg5kn.jpg

Notice the eject rings shadows...

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/29/PSrqb.jpg

hschuit
April 29th, 2014, 11:38
Amazing to see how good this old model looks in P3D! Stay tuned, the next version will have a working VC AoA indexer, annunciator panel, gear indicator and most of the other warning lights.

gray eagle
April 29th, 2014, 11:57
Not C9 Phantoms. VF-154 Circa '73 (F-4J) . Looking forward to some native F-4B/J Versions of this for FSX.
http://i58.tinypic.com/5x536u.jpg

At then NAS Miramar CA. I can still remember the smell of Turco at the wash racks.
http://i59.tinypic.com/2sb1h06.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/29wmtdx.png

TuFun
April 29th, 2014, 12:00
Amazing to see how good this old model looks in P3D! Stay tuned, the next version will have a working VC AoA indexer, annunciator panel, gear indicator and most of the other warning lights.

Thanks for adding the shift+ panels, without the use of functional cockpit switch... I would not get off the ground in P3Dv2. With HDR and cockpit shadows, these really bring the model to life!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/29/waf2L.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/29/3Iuqk.jpg

WarHorse47
April 29th, 2014, 12:23
I'm curious. Anyone have a recommendation for afterburner effects?

I'm currently using the effects provided by hschuit but it seems there may be some other effects available somewhere?

TuFun
April 29th, 2014, 12:25
Digging thru my archive of videos, and found this one done three years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hm9VW3pSR0

Navy Chief
April 29th, 2014, 12:46
TuFun,

Great video! Was that a F-35 that buys the farm at the end of that runway?? That was unexpected! Loved the video though! NC

hschuit
April 29th, 2014, 12:52
Thanks for adding the shift+ panels, without the use of functional cockpit switch... I would not get off the ground in P3Dv2. With HDR and cockpit shadows, these really bring the model to life!

Tufun, keep those pics & movies coming! I noticed from the screenshots you still have the old panel with the click icons, I just updated the package with more working stuff in the VC etc:

https://app.box.com/s/hy61fq8bnieczh3z9l51

TuFun
April 29th, 2014, 12:59
TuFun,

Great video! Was that a F-35 that buys the farm at the end of that runway?? That was unexpected! Loved the video though! NC

Would have been cool to have something like a TacPak. At that time I didn't know much about painting and effects, or would have added a fireball when the F-35 hit the ground.

The F-35 was to be an unkown, so the F-4's were scrambled to intercept. FSRecorder is a fun program and I thought I could use it in some type of storyline.

TuFun
April 29th, 2014, 13:01
Tufun, keep those pics & movies coming! I noticed from the screenshots you still have the old panel with the click icons, I just updated the package with more working stuff in the VC etc:

https://app.box.com/s/hy61fq8bnieczh3z9l51

Cool!!! Keep them coming! TF

WarHorse47
April 29th, 2014, 14:03

https://app.box.com/s/hy61fq8bnieczh3z9l51Thanks for the updated files. I don't know how you do it, but I really like the outcome.

Ian Warren
April 29th, 2014, 14:34
Not C9 Phantoms. VF-154 Circa '73 (F-4J) . Looking forward to some native F-4B/J Versions of this for FSX.

I really do love this photo come on board :encouragement:, looks a little like something i did.
www.aviation-art-in-action.com

Navy Chief
April 29th, 2014, 15:42
Would have been cool to have something like a TacPak. At that time I didn't know much about painting and effects, or would have added a fireball when the F-35 hit the ground.

The F-35 was to be an unkown, so the F-4's were scrambled to intercept. FSRecorder is a fun program and I thought I could use it in some type of storyline.

Tufun,

You need to make more videos! I have watched that one a couple times now. It's great! NC

dhazelgrove
April 29th, 2014, 21:31
Looking forward to some native F-4B/J Versions of this for FSX.

There was supposedly an F-4B being developed, but we haven't heard anything about it for a few months now.

Dave

TuFun
April 29th, 2014, 22:13
It's been a long time since I had so much fun with this model! Thanks a bunch Henk! Here's another video for ya NC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp_5-tmHNL0

hschuit
April 29th, 2014, 22:41
It's been a long time since I had so much fun with this model! Thanks a bunch Henk! Here's another video for ya NC!

Phan(tom)tastic! Is the dragchute working for you? I did not see it come out in your movies.

ZsoltB
April 30th, 2014, 01:48
Short video with the canopy mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD1TkxvKRIs

Going to try Nigel Richards F-4 soundset next.

Nigel Richards F-4 soundset available?

Navy Chief
April 30th, 2014, 02:18
Thanks TuFun! Every time I watch a Phantom video, I can't help but think of what it felt like to experience those G Forces, and going vertical. Something I will never forget. Ain't flight simulation grand? NC

bully707
April 30th, 2014, 02:18
Hi there!

Now that I found out that my Antivirus Program stalled my C9 installer...I got it installed in FS9...then I took the files from the FS9 aircraft file and copied them into FSX...applied the fix by Henk and see the icons...but what did I forget as my F-4F looks like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/FSX/fsscr012_zpsbc147c99.jpg

I run FSX in 16x10 mode on a 22'' monitor...?:dizzy:
I know it must be something trivial that I forgot...

bully707
April 30th, 2014, 02:31
Flying the GA Phantom in P3D!!! Was stationed at George AFB... EGRESS Tech on F-4C,D,E,F (German), and G Wild Weasel birds. Also had the pleasure of the F-105F and G Wild Weasel birds!

Cockpit shadows!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/29/JpPew.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/29/suj0V.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/29/bg5kn.jpg

Notice the eject rings shadows...

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/29/PSrqb.jpg

Looking good there...
BTW glad to see someone using my old George AFB F-4F repaint from 1976...! Hope you like it...

Cheers

Bernd

Navy Chief
April 30th, 2014, 03:15
I loaded up the C9 Phantom in P3DV2 last night. A couple problems. The tailhook animation isn't working, and afterburner is not showing....:frown-new: NC

hschuit
April 30th, 2014, 03:15
Hi there!

Now that I found out that my Antivirus Program stalled my C9 installer...I got it installed in FS9...then I took the files from the FS9 aircraft file and copied them into FSX...applied the fix by Henk and see the icons...but what did I forget as my F-4F looks like this:
I run FSX in 16x10 mode on a 22'' monitor...?:dizzy:
I know it must be something trivial that I forgot...

Are you sure you are using my panel.X - panel.cfg file? This definately looks like the FS9 panel.cfg which has altered [Default View] - SIZE_X/SIZE_Y values. Make sure they are:

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8192
SIZE_Y=6143

The FS9 panel also uses "render_3d_window=1", together with the above, this causes the letterboxing in FSX.

And: Check if your aircraft.cfg uses the new panel.X. The "panel=" property in every [fltsim.n] section must have the "X" value like this:

panel=X

hschuit
April 30th, 2014, 03:23
I loaded up the C9 Phantom in P3DV2 last night. A couple problems. The tailhook animation isn't working, and afterburner is not showing....:frown-new: NC

I am not on P3D so I cannot verify the tailhook but the missing burner FX might be caused by an FX name typo in one of the early ZIP files, just check this:

Aircraft.cfg should have the correct FX name under [lights] :

light.11 = 9, -15.7, 2.25, -3.90, fx_F4E_C9AB
light.12 = 9, -15.7, -2.25, -3.90, fx_F4E_C9AB

This name must match with the FX file in the Effects folder : fx_F4E_C9AB.fx

BTW: I you push the throttle beyond 80%, the engine smoke should disappear and you should notice the extra thrust and a jump in fuel flow. If these things happen, it is for sure a problem with the FX file name.

bully707
April 30th, 2014, 03:29
Hoi Henk!

Sorry voor de vertraaging...

I totally forgot to check my pn box...I installed your fixes and it works like a charm now!
Hartstikke bedankt, Henk!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/FSX/fsscr016_zps5deb96b7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/FSX/fsscr017_zpse0b9b9a4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/FSX/fsscr020_zps06bc162b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/FSX/fsscr021_zps6a9099f0.jpg

The last two are at RAF Coningsby by ACG (and all four were taken in FSX yeaaaaah!!!!)

Navy Chief
April 30th, 2014, 03:31
The thing is, all I did was copy the directory from FSX, and it all works ok in FSX. What changed? NC

I am not on P3D so I cannot verify the tailhook but the missing burner FX might be caused by an FX name typo in one of the early ZIP files, just check this:

Aircraft.cfg should have the correct FX name under [lights] :

light.11 = 9, -15.7, 2.25, -3.90, fx_F4E_C9AB
light.12 = 9, -15.7, -2.25, -3.90, fx_F4E_C9AB

This name must match with the FX file in the Effects folder : fx_F4E_C9AB.fx

BTW: I you push the throttle beyond 80%, the engine smoke should disappear and you should notice the extra thrust and a jump in fuel flow. If these things happen, it is for sure a problem with the FX file name.

Jafo
April 30th, 2014, 04:37
"[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8192
SIZE_Y=6143"

One of the first things I [almost always] remember to check...;)

bully707
April 30th, 2014, 06:40
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/FSX/fsscr003_zpse7c4a95b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/FSX/fsscr004_zps79183ed7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/FSX/fsscr005_zps569f6992.jpg

TuFun
April 30th, 2014, 11:53
Phan(tom)tastic! Is the dragchute working for you? I did not see it come out in your movies.

I was missing the F2 assignment so no drag chute deployed. F2 assigned!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/04/30/rt9f7.jpg

TuFun
April 30th, 2014, 11:59
Looking good there...
BTW glad to see someone using my old George AFB F-4F repaint from 1976...! Hope you like it...

Cheers

Bernd

Very much so! The F-4F German aircraft that were stationed at George AFB were different due to the color scheme. The F-4G WW birds were new aircraft... not a scratch on them when we got them. A special panel was installed to cover the cockpit panel avionics.

TuFun
April 30th, 2014, 12:02
Nigel Richards F-4 soundset available?

Available here..

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?54654-fs2004_-F-4_Phantom_sounds

ZsoltB
April 30th, 2014, 13:14
http://i.imgur.com/UBXcuQu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/evQ8Pi1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/unREJcQ.jpg

Navy Chief
April 30th, 2014, 13:26
The warbirds of today just do NOT have the awesome look of jets like the Phantom and the Tomcat. F/A-18 "Lawn Darts" may be able to deliver ordnance, but they'll never look or sound as cool!

Jafo
April 30th, 2014, 13:53
The warbirds of today just do NOT have the awesome look of jets like the Phantom and the Tomcat. F/A-18 "Lawn Darts" may be able to deliver ordnance, but they'll never look or sound as cool!

Don't forget the Thud ....;)

TuFun
April 30th, 2014, 16:34
Just curious if anyone tried it in FSX with DX10 fixer? I did this video in P3Dv2.2 with no canopy reflections and with. Also turned on cloud shadows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Rauo1rIx4

Navy Chief
April 30th, 2014, 16:42
TuFun,

Are your lights working in P3DV2? Mine aren't for some reason. Nor is the afterburner. NC

TuFun
April 30th, 2014, 18:31
TuFun,

Are your lights working in P3DV2? Mine aren't for some reason. Nor is the afterburner. NC

I have the same issues. LM may have changed something related to the lights section. Could be DX11?

cortomalteseit
May 1st, 2014, 04:05
After several attempts, my Phantom seems to work correctly, except for the sounds...
What's the exact path of the sounds directory? Thanks

EDIT: SOLVED, just under the simobjects/airplanes directory.. ;)

Dumonceau
May 1st, 2014, 04:06
thank you!!!!

Skyhawk, where did you get that paint? Is it available somewhere??

EDIT: never mind, I found it when I extracted my original installer!

BTW, any pointer to any repaint would be highly appreciated!

Dumonceau

Dumonceau
May 1st, 2014, 04:12
After several attempts, my Phantom seems to work correctly, except for the sounds...
What's the exact path of the sounds directory? Thanks

Here ya go:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\cloud9 sounds\F4

Dumonceau

cortomalteseit
May 1st, 2014, 05:12
http://i61.tinypic.com/qnaat0.jpg

and thank you to all the guys that gave their contribute to bring this bird to a new life!

Dumonceau, many thanks for your suggestion, too ;)!

hschuit
May 1st, 2014, 05:55
The work continues... Did some one mention burners? I was not happy with them too. Sofar, I only have the classic diesel engine burners and smoke. Maybe later on I could look into a smaller, blue-ish burner for the Air Guard/Turk/Greek smokeless engine upgraded F-4E's. If all goes well I will put up the next version (beta 3) tomorrow (with improved flaps/slats logic, simulated chute drag, updated burner fx, working AFCS switches and some other stuff).

Creepy847
May 1st, 2014, 06:17
A number of years ago I started trying to port this over with limited success but, thanks Hschuit for fixing the canopy and all the other work youve done to bring this to a new level. I had a number of issues with lights and the AB. I ended up replacing the AB along with lights and moved the postion of lights to represent a more accurate position on the ac. I tried to find every repaint I could get my hands on. In all I ended up with 35 different skins for this bird. I tested it in single and multiplayer and tried to fix anything that was wrong with it that I could tell.

So with that said I still look forward to the Milviz F4. Again thanks to Hschuit for all his fixes also to anyone else thats contributed to this ac that I forgot to mention. If anyone needs skins or would like me to share the ones I have then please let me know and Ill get them to you. Heres a list of the skins and fixes Ive added to the aircraft along with the lastest fixes from Hschuit. If anyone would like to try the radar setup then pm me. This is a free gauge and its easy to intall. Hschuit if you need anything please let me know. I cant believe you fixed the canopy lol.. So much to learn in such a short time...

Creeps.

Fixes and Skins:

Every bitmap has been converted to DDS in hopes of improving FPS/loading times?

HUD: use Shift1 to activate the HUD and to disable the HUD. You can use the HUD while panning your view its not limited to just the HUD glass in front of you. THis HUD is basic as its used for
basic flight information such as speed,alt,head and AOA. The real F4 did not use a HUD but had a gun pipper as far as I know. Its just some extra candy I added to this bird to help with carrier operatioins.
This HUD pans around as you move your head or TrackIR. It will be disabled when your get into the cockpit by default but you can enable this HUD by tapping Shft1. If you change views from the VC then it will be disabled when
switch back to the VC again you will have to enable it. It helps me during carry ops and flying at night.

Working Radar:
The VC radar is crude, but it does work. Its located on the main MFD, but its also positioned where the RWR (Radar Warning Reciever) is which is'nt
accurate, but helps me sort out an issue that has plagued me for months. Its range is roughly 40 Miles and it will help you maintain a relative postion with your wingman or flight.
I have also added a more complex radar/setting to the popup windows. Access it by tapping the shift-5 and shift-6 key. This radar is more accurate and has more options. It gives you
the heading, altitude and speed of your radar contact and by clicking on the tag button you can change the information thats displayed on the radar.
Tag 1 might be heading, Alt and speed, click the Tag button again and it turns to Tag 2 which will give you different or more information along with whats already displayed.
The compass rings can be adjusted along with the range. You can learn more by actually flying the bird in multiplayer and tweeking your setting with other players.
That should get you familiar with it and also let you tweek it the way you like. This radar allows you to set it up according to your preferences.
Using this in conjuction with the basic radar in the VC you shouldnt have any problems knowing where your wingman or flight is.
Ive also added a EZ-GPS, Radio-Stack, stock GPS. For you that have Abacus EZGPS4 you know what it is otherwise you can use the stock GPS.
This radar works in single and multiplayer.

Camera Definitions have also been added to the ac.

Special Note: I noticed that there were issues with the AB effects and lights when flying at night. There was a mirror like image that popped up in the cockpit mostly in the main MFD and RWR reciewer.
When flying at night and going into AB certain areas on the cockpit would becomie mirror like. I have fixed this for my aircraft but I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue?

I have also tested this in carrier ops and Im happy to say it works well. It has a working tailhook and wingfold so make sure your keys are mapped.

Extra:
Pilots Skins use this DDS file: C9F4_MK7_T if you decide to replace.
Outside Canopy Glass Color is: C9F4_ref_T in case you would like to toy with another exterior texture.
Inside Canopy Textures are: C9F4vc7 Canopy from Sides to back and C9F4vc8- Front of Canopy in case you would like to toy with another interior texture.

http://img0.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/19358/193582709f834bece39ab78a4b2151a9ecb6ae5a.jpg (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=19358270&showlnk=0)
http://img7.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/19358/19358277b6c251e7dc7be29ac057d0beb7cba520.jpg (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=19358277&showlnk=0)
http://img9.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/19358/193582795586306fcae90ed93aad908e365ce072.jpg (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=19358279&showlnk=0)
Skins:
Spanish Air Army
Hellenic AF "Ghost"
USAF Vietnam
US Navy Jolly Rogers
US Navy NF110
Germany 38+68
George AFB 1976
JG71_3811
USAF_57FIS
USAFE_32TFS_69-0625
USAF Wolfhounds
USAFE_86TFW
USAF_4TFW
USAFE_52TFW
USAF_57FIS_SEA
USAFE_32TFS_74-1050
37+08 JaBoG36 "Westfalen"
USAF SJ
Israeli Airforce
Holloman old camo 1997
USAF 562 WW
USAF 3rd TFS
USAF 122 TFW Indiana ANG
USAF 3rd TFW
USAF 110 TFSq Missouri ANG
USAF Thunderbird #6
Australian Air Force 69-7206
JASDF Blue
JASDF RF-4EJ
JASDF F-4EJ
New York ANG, Niagara Falls
ROKAF "Space Challenge 2008
Australian Air Force A69-309
USAF 53rd WEG Tyndall
Germany 38+49 "DECI Ramp Art"

Dumonceau
May 1st, 2014, 06:22
Now, if someone could just paint the "pipper" on the gunsight, that would be awesome! For now, I'm just enjoying myself immensely with this bird!

ZsoltB
May 1st, 2014, 07:17
7627 7629

7630 :pop4:

ST0RM
May 1st, 2014, 08:38
That Edwards repaint is stunning zsolt!

trowelmaster
May 1st, 2014, 08:50
http://i58.tinypic.com/5x536u.jpg

At then NAS Miramar CA. I can still remember the smell of Turco at the wash racks.
http://i59.tinypic.com/2sb1h06.jpg

Very nice indeed...!!!!!!

ZsoltB
May 1st, 2014, 09:12

:icon37:

dhazelgrove
May 1st, 2014, 12:16
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/01/bfpwF.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/01/a67tT.jpg

Dave

Dumonceau
May 2nd, 2014, 00:10
Landing at AS Niederrhein:

Enjoying this bird immensely!! And I have found the pipper in the meantime. :D

Dumonceau

Dumonceau
May 2nd, 2014, 01:42

Wonder if they were as shiny as this in real life?!

Dumonceau

hschuit
May 2nd, 2014, 05:38
Here is the download link for the new (beta 3) version of the portover kit. I strongly recommend you to read the README.txt file, all details on changes / new features should be in there.

https://app.box.com/s/myk2oay12f12dbqxyups

If nobody finds glaring mistakes, the next version should be the RC which I will upload to the SOH Library.

ZsoltB
May 2nd, 2014, 05:45
Available here..

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?54654-fs2004_-F-4_Phantom_sounds

You have tried?
How does the package?

ZsoltB
May 2nd, 2014, 06:40
7684 7685 7686

bully707
May 2nd, 2014, 07:25
Zsolt...Wow....!
Great rendition of the Norm81 commo...looking great!
Can it be downloaded somewhere?

Here the standard paint of JG71 Richthofen in the Norm81 cammo...as delivered by Cloud9...well without the dark spot beneath the pilots canopy, left side...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/FSX/fsscr009_zps5b0e9ccf.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/bully707/FSX/fsscr010_zpsf0aded82.jpg

Motormouse
May 2nd, 2014, 08:30
7627 7629

7630 :pop4:

This for fs9 too Zolt?.I don't have x anymore, 2 years of trying plus computer upgrades,
and it still didn't play.

Ttfn

Pete

trowelmaster
May 2nd, 2014, 09:10
some of creepys paints...769476957696

ZsoltB
May 2nd, 2014, 09:42
This for fs9 too Zolt?.I don't have x anymore, 2 years of trying plus computer upgrades,
and it still didn't play.

Ttfn

Pete

Yes, FS9
Now I do not have FSX

TuFun
May 2nd, 2014, 11:22
You have tried?
How does the package?

Yes, and very good soundset.

I have both soundsets installed and just rename Nigel Richards as sound.NR and change the sound= to NR in the configuration for testing.

7700 7701

TuFun
May 2nd, 2014, 11:29
I've been working on the AB effects so that the flames will point at angle adjacent to how the jet engine sets in the aircraft. Should angle towards the ground a few degrees. So far just the just the inner tube of the after burner area. Next part will be the flames.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/02/zagO.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/02/UtTJ.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/02/9LmOq.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/02/DIB2.jpg

hschuit
May 2nd, 2014, 11:44
I've been working on the AB effects so that the flames will point at angle adjacent to how the jet engine sets in the aircraft. Should angle towards the ground a few degrees. So far just the just the inner tube of the after burner area. Next part will be the flames.

I did not know how to align the FX to the angle of the jetpipes, it would be brilliant if you can solve this puzzle :applause:

delta_lima
May 2nd, 2014, 12:00
Hey gang!

Move & renovations to new home almost done - will be setting up my sim pc in a day or two.

I've been watching this thread unfold - and am thinking of taking the plunge (never bought this when it first came out - the E was my least favourite model). I've got both the AS and Iris models - each (esp the RF AS model) is quite enjoyable in their own "portover" sort of way - so my questions are, with these other two as comparisons, how does the C9 model (with the recent fixes) in FSX.

1) perform FPS wise
2) handle load-outs - is there an external tank only (no munitions) model/configuration?
3) look graphically-speaking

In light of 1), I'm still on my old (6 year, XP) machine. That one yields 15ish FPS on the AS model, and about 20ish on the Iris model (from memory, haven't been on FS for a couple of months).

thanks so much - between this, and the B-58, it's a good time to plug back into SOH and FSX!

Cheers.

DL

dhazelgrove
May 2nd, 2014, 12:05
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/02/EWTqS.jpg

Dave

TuFun
May 2nd, 2014, 12:58
I did not know how to align the FX to the angle of the jetpipes, it would be brilliant if you can solve this puzzle

Got the angles down and have the internal flames closer to the injectors to match. Just need to work on a better flame out the back.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/02/hr6NK.jpg

Now the internal flames match the tube!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/02/QhLGe.jpg

UPDATE: AB tubes done. Now to study up on the AB flames.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/02/EPdoL.jpg

Kinda reminds me of WALL-E...

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/02/Dalrc.jpg

Jafo
May 2nd, 2014, 19:05
Burners are looking good...;)

Dumonceau
May 2nd, 2014, 22:57
Hey gang!

Move & renovations to new home almost done - will be setting up my sim pc in a day or two.

I've been watching this thread unfold - and am thinking of taking the plunge (never bought this when it first came out - the E was my least favourite model). I've got both the AS and Iris models - each (esp the RF AS model) is quite enjoyable in their own "portover" sort of way - so my questions are, with these other two as comparisons, how does the C9 model (with the recent fixes) in FSX.

1) perform FPS wise
2) handle load-outs - is there an external tank only (no munitions) model/configuration?
3) look graphically-speaking

In light of 1), I'm still on my old (6 year, XP) machine. That one yields 15ish FPS on the AS model, and about 20ish on the Iris model (from memory, haven't been on FS for a couple of months).

thanks so much - between this, and the B-58, it's a good time to plug back into SOH and FSX!

Cheers.

DL

Hi DL,

To answer your questions:

1) perform FPS wise => Pretty good given it is a portover, but it always remains a portover, so somewhat heavy on the frames
2) handle load-outs - is there an external tank only (no munitions) model/configuration? => Like in the original there are several different loadouts, one of which is tanks only
3) look graphically-speaking => Stunning!

Hope this answers your questions.

Dumonceau

trowelmaster
May 3rd, 2014, 08:12
77397740Thanks to everybody for seeing this through, I'm so happy with this F4, I cant hardly wait to start using her in Naval Engagements Underway...! :adoration:

jjdc
May 3rd, 2014, 08:14
Hi

I noticed that the flaps can only be controlled via the VC Cockpit switch and not via my joystick. Is this deliberate or is there a way of assigning control of the flaps back to the joystick as it was with the earlier Beta.

Small thing in a fantastic package.

Cheers

JC

Here is the download link for the new (beta 3) version of the portover kit. I strongly recommend you to read the README.txt file, all details on changes / new features should be in there.

https://app.box.com/s/myk2oay12f12dbqxyups

If nobody finds glaring mistakes, the next version should be the RC which I will upload to the SOH Library.

hschuit
May 3rd, 2014, 08:59
Hi

I noticed that the flaps can only be controlled via the VC Cockpit switch and not via my joystick. Is this deliberate or is there a way of assigning control of the flaps back to the joystick as it was with the earlier Beta.

Small thing in a fantastic package.

Cheers

JC

JC, this is deliberate. In beta 3, I enabled the flaps mode switch which overrides the keyboard. I know that in FS9 you could use both keyboard (F5, F6, F7, F8) and the VC switch but I have not yet been able to replicate this in FSX. I will give it another try, if I can't solve it I can disable the VC switch and give manual control back to the keyboard. What do you prefer: VC switch or keyboard control?

jjdc
May 3rd, 2014, 09:45
Thank you for such a swift reply. I prefer to map the flaps to my joystick but if it is deliberate I have no problem using the VC to do it. I was not aware that you could not do both. Please do not waste your time changing it as it is a minor thing and we are lucky to have you doing the work in the first place.

Many thanks

JC

JC, this is deliberate. In beta 3, I enabled the flaps mode switch which overrides the keyboard. I know that in FS9 you could use both keyboard (F5, F6, F7, F8) and the VC switch but I have not yet been able to replicate this in FSX. I will give it another try, if I can't solve it I can disable the VC switch and give manual control back to the keyboard. What do you prefer: VC switch or keyboard control?

Dumonceau
May 3rd, 2014, 09:49

I concur with jjdc. Your work on this has been nothing less than stellar, and after getting used to it, the config you provided is just brilliant.

Please do this as you see fit.

Take care,

Dumonceau

TuFun
May 3rd, 2014, 21:00
I think I got the angle just about right on the afterburners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rveocdaUSY

Jafo
May 3rd, 2014, 21:50
That you did...;)

hschuit
May 3rd, 2014, 22:05
Tufun, your angled burners are amazing, best ones I ever saw on a Phantom in FSX, great job !

ZsoltB
May 3rd, 2014, 22:35
I think I got the angle just about right on the afterburners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rveocdaUSY

I look forward!

Great work!

:applause:

ZsoltB
May 3rd, 2014, 22:38
Now I just need a good vapor effects

Naismith
May 4th, 2014, 00:57
Wonderful yes, 'cepting I'm now deaf! Was wearing 'phones! Ouch. :pop4::dizzy::biggrin-new:

Dumonceau
May 4th, 2014, 03:50
Landing at Niederrhein:

Looking forward to the new burners! And indeed Nismith, that soundpack is just brilliant! :D

Dumonceau

Navy Chief
May 4th, 2014, 03:59
Naval Engagements Underway...! :adoration:

Never heard of this site until you posted. I emailed to ask about registering:encouragement: NC

http://navalengagement.net/index.shtml

Dumonceau
May 4th, 2014, 05:09
Will Tufun's burners be included in the final release?

Dumonceau

WarHorse47
May 4th, 2014, 06:13
Will Tufun's burners be included in the final release?

DumonceauHope there is not a final release. I'm just amazed with the tweaks and improvements with each beta release. It just keeps getting better. I keep wondering how the C9 Phantom portover will compare with the native Milviz Phantom when its released.

ZsoltB
May 4th, 2014, 06:44
Hope there is not a final release. I'm just amazed with the tweaks and improvements with each beta release. It just keeps getting better. I keep wondering how the C9 Phantom portover will compare with the native Milviz Phantom when its released.

if it released ... :monkies:

Dumonceau
May 4th, 2014, 07:05
Hope there is not a final release. I'm just amazed with the tweaks and improvements with each beta release. It just keeps getting better. I keep wondering how the C9 Phantom portover will compare with the native Milviz Phantom when its released.

LOL!!! Well, there are different things that could still be undertaken, like converting the textures to dds format. But given the fact that I've got 15 different texture sets, that is not for me at this moment. Which is a pity, because I would love to get better frames with it. But I'm definitely NOT complaining!

I'm having a ball with what Henk has come up with, but I don't think it would be fair to compare a portover to a native creation! ;-)

Dumonceau

WarHorse47
May 4th, 2014, 07:23
LOL!!! Well, there are different things that could still be undertaken, like converting the textures to dds format. But given the fact that I've got 15 different texture sets, that is not for me at this moment. Which is a pity, because I would love to get better frames with it. But I'm definitely NOT complaining!

I'm having a ball with what Henk has come up with, but I don't think it would be fair to compare a portover to a native creation! ;-)

DumonceauJust 15?? I got 36 in dds format and another 28 in bmp format, and found a few more yesterday. I'm just fascinated by all the improvements between the beta versions. I'm beginning to like it more than my FS9 version.

Now we got to put a fire under TuFun to share his AB (pun intended). :redfire:

Dumonceau
May 4th, 2014, 07:52
Just 15?? I got 36 in dds format and another 28 in bmp format, and found a few more yesterday. I'm just fascinated by all the improvements between the beta versions. I'm beginning to like it more than my FS9 version.

My Lord man, 64 repaints??? :jump: Could you give us a list of the ones you have in dds format??

But I agree, we urgently need the medicine of Dr. TuFun!! :biggrin-new:

I wonder if putting a pack together of the full thing would be a breach of copyright, given the fact that the model was never released for FSX... I'm afraid that it would be...

take care y'all,

Dumonceau

Jafo
May 4th, 2014, 07:53

Then drag him kicking and screaming into the Glowingheat Hustler AB mystery.... why the inners ain't like the outers...;)

WarHorse47
May 4th, 2014, 08:05
My Lord man, 64 repaints??? :jump: Could you give us a list of the ones you have in dds format??

But I agree, we urgently need the medicine of Dr. TuFun!! :biggrin-new:

I wonder if putting a pack together of the full thing would be a breach of copyright, given the fact that the model was never released for FSX... I'm afraid that it would be...

take care y'all,

DumonceauThe dds textures are the ones Creepy mentioned in post #105. I can't recall if he ever posted those for download or not. Maybe we should ask him to make them available, along with the shared texture folder for those having frame rate issues??

trowelmaster
May 4th, 2014, 09:12
The dds textures are the ones Creepy mentioned in post #105. I can't recall if he ever posted those for download or not. Maybe we should ask him to make them available, along with the shared texture folder for those having frame rate issues??

I have those textures installed on my lap-top, and I'm getting right around 13 fps in multiplayer flying around KNKX and San Diego area with a lot of added scenery, so...(I'm happy !)

Acer; Aspire 5251; 8.0 GB ram; 64 bit; 1 core; graphics- ATI mob. Radeon HD 4250; graphics memory 3067 MB; dedicated 256; Direct X 10 :adoration:

trowelmaster
May 4th, 2014, 09:50
Never heard of this site until you posted. I emailed to ask about registering:encouragement: NC

Welcome to wizards world ( Geoff )! Boy are you in for a surprise, in my opinion NEUWUC (Naval Engagement Underway Underway Captian ) surpasses any thing available from Tac-Pac by 10 fold, there is just no end to what can be built and implemented into the database. If you would like to view some of the manuals, here are some links: http://pendercrafts.com/navalengagement/manuals/Underway!_manual.pdf

http://pendercrafts.com/navalengagement/manuals/Script_manual.pdf
http://pendercrafts.com/navalengagement/manuals/underway_reference.7z
http://pendercrafts.com/navalengagement/manuals/ship_list.pdf
http://pendercrafts.com/navalengagement/Underway_installer.exe
http://pendercrafts.com/navalengagement/underway_fsx_104.7z
http://pendercrafts.com/navalengagement/UC.7z

sorry to say, but Geoff will be out of town for the week till next Monday and you can get a hold of him then as well as TeamSpeak during the week from about11:00 am. to 4:30 pm. Eastern time. We are just days away from completing Beta testing to be sure I hope...LOL !

Once he has you in the system Satie and I have the Keys to the Kingdom so to speak and will assist you or anybody else in everything you may need. TS (Miramar Flight Club) @ 50.23.212.55:3365

MIGBAIT-BETA-TESTER !!!

Navy Chief
May 4th, 2014, 10:35
Welcome to wizards world ( Geoff )! Boy are you in for a surprise, in my opinion NEUWUC (Naval Engagement Underway Underway Captian ) surpasses any thing available from Tac-Pac by 10 fold, there is just no end to what can be built and implemented into the database. If you would like to view some of the manuals, here are some links: http://pendercrafts.com/navalengagement/manuals/Underway!_manual.pdf

sorry to say, but Geoff will be out of town for the week till next Monday and you can get a hold of him then as well as TeamSpeak during the week from about11:00 am. to 4:30 pm. Eastern time. We are just days away from completing Beta testing to be sure I hope...LOL !

Once he has you in the system Satie and I have the Keys to the Kingdom so to speak and will assist you or anybody else in everything you may need. TS (Miramar Flight Club) @ 50.23.212.55:3365

MIGBAIT-BETA-TESTER !!!

Looks very interesting Trowelmaster, thanks! NC

WarHorse47
May 4th, 2014, 13:34
My Lord man, 64 repaints??? :jump:
DumonceauMake that 75, now. :a1089:

Corvette99
May 4th, 2014, 14:30

Chief , they are residing at MFC headquarters .
http://fsx-miramar.webs.com/

TuFun
May 4th, 2014, 14:31
Add a little flame animation to the tailpipe area and looking into adding a little bit of flicker at the end of the AB flames. One or two more elements I like to try on the AB flame. Closeup view towards the end of the video cycling the AB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF7_z3IW2_E

UPDATE: New C9 package update coming in the near future and will include the new afterburners. In the meantime I will do more testing. TF

This video may interest you guys... GE J-79 afterburner test. The effects looks interesting...hmm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxkt2vx9EOQ

Corvette99
May 4th, 2014, 14:31

MIGBAIT-BETA-TESTER !!!

These guys are doing some amazing stuff !

gray eagle
May 4th, 2014, 15:41
This video may interest you guys... GE J-79 afterburner test. The effects looks interesting...hmm!

[/QUOTE]

Fascinating, indeed. I wonder why the dudes that were near the intake when the J-79 was doing max smoke were not sucked up the intake. I would think that it (J79) would be
sucking in tremendous amounts of air and anything else in front of it. I remember in mid '70's that the Navy had a smoke abatement system installed on their J-79's. This was to
improve fuel combustion and reduce the sooty exhaust. Reference from NAVY NAVAIR PUB (I believe you USAF types call them TO's -Tech Orders)
http://books.google.com/books?id=oeJuJtjK4k0C&pg=SA1-PA97&lpg=SA1-PA97&dq=smoke+abatement+for++f-4&source=bl&ots=NZgsqkpjNQ&sig=eP7wtilHk182wz9QwpsYHVPB5ho&hl=en&sa=X&ei=9s5mU4K8JYWMyAHCt4DAAw&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=smoke%20abatement%20for%20%20f-4&f=false

gray eagle
May 4th, 2014, 15:47
Very good info on the F-4's,

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4-phantom.html

Looks like the USAF had quite a few variations of Phantoms while the USN had basically two, F-4B and the F-4J.
It was sad to see them retired and some became drones.

delta_lima
May 4th, 2014, 18:12
the USN had basically two, F-4B and the F-4J.

and S, N, and USMC RF-4B.

ZsoltB
May 4th, 2014, 19:41
Add a little flame animation to the tailpipe area and looking into adding a little bit of flicker at the end of the AB flames. One or two more elements I like to try on the AB flame. Closeup view towards the end of the video cycling the AB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF7_z3IW2_E

UPDATE: New C9 package update coming in the near future and will include the new afterburners. In the meantime I will do more testing. TF

Thank you!

Great work!

http://i43.tinypic.com/fux1jr.gif

Dumonceau
May 5th, 2014, 01:35
Make that 75, now. :a1089:

That makes you an official Phantom Phanatic!! :D

TuFun: wonder vid and burners there!

Dumonceau

WarHorse47
May 5th, 2014, 09:18
On my last flight with the Beta 3 changes, my autopilot would not engage.

I didn't see anything in the readme file, and didn't notice any changes in the aircraft.cfg [autopilot] section except for a decrease in the autopilot_max_rpm from 99 to 93. I was only cruising at 400 knots, so I didn't think the throttle state was related to the autopilot.

Thought I'd ask and see what I need to do to get the autopilot functioning, or see if anyone else has experienced the same.

Thanks

dhazelgrove
May 5th, 2014, 09:22
On my last flight with the Beta 3 changes, my autopilot would not engage.

I didn't see anything in the readme file, and didn't notice any changes in the aircraft.cfg [autopilot] section except for a decrease in the autopilot_max_rpm from 99 to 93. I was only cruising at 400 knots, so I didn't think the throttle state was related to the autopilot.

Thought I'd ask and see what I need to do to get the autopilot functioning, or see if anyone else has experienced the same.

Thanks

Did you engage it in the VC?
"AFCS Master" is just behind the three 'auto-stab' switches on the port console.

Dave

hschuit
May 5th, 2014, 09:27
Hi Tom, effective beta 3 this is how the AFCS works:

- VC AFCS Roll/Pitch/Yaw switches must be engaged first.
- For Alt hold engage the VC ALT switch (the aircraft should maintain it's current altitude, you can increase/decrease with the generic AP popup digits).
- For Heading hold set heading on your HSI, then engage the VC AFCS switch.
- The AFCS does not have a GPS tracking mode, you can cheat using the generic AP popup.

Note: The VC ALT and AFCS switches have priority over the corresponding generic autopilot popup switches. See also the "AFCS/Autopilot" section in the kneepad - Pilot Notes.

hope this helps, Henk.

WarHorse47
May 5th, 2014, 09:46
Thanks, Henk.

I was attempting to use the Shift+3 popup panel for the AP. With the changed procedure, I guess that's not needed anymore?

stovall
May 5th, 2014, 12:29
You guys are amazing. The Cloud 9 Phantom is back in the skies after years at rest at Davis-Monthan. Looking for Marine or especially Navy repaints. Any ideas?

hschuit
May 5th, 2014, 12:37
Thanks, Henk.

I was attempting to use the Shift+3 popup panel for the AP. With the changed procedure, I guess that's not needed anymore?

Depends on what you want to do, your basic alt/heading hold is now on the VC AFCS but if you want generic AP functions which are not available on the AFCS like GPS tracking or speed hold you can use the popup.

Dumonceau
May 5th, 2014, 13:31
You guys are amazing. The Cloud 9 Phantom is back in the skies after years at rest at Davis-Monthan. Looking for Marine or especially Navy repaints. Any ideas?

Tom,

I'm sure Creepy847 can help you. He has

US Navy Jolly Rogers
US Navy NF110

He probably also knows who to credit!

Dumonceau

doublecool
May 5th, 2014, 13:44
Brilliant Thread with lots of Talient working very hard :applause::applause::applause:
For her age you guys are making her looks very very good :ernaehrung004:

I know she is an E version
But has anyone got her working on and off carriers yet?

stovall
May 5th, 2014, 13:58
Dumoncea, yes US Navy Jolly Rogers and US Navy NF110 are the only Navy paints I could find. The NF110 came with the addon packages and the Jolly Rogers found at Flightsim.com. These two are the only Navy paints I could find. I may have to wet the brushes again if there are no others. The Alphasim version seems to have many paints available. Thanks for any help.

TuFun
May 5th, 2014, 14:19
I've added a little flicker at the AB tail end... and having some fun demonstration flight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km6tKhZfBYU

gray eagle
May 5th, 2014, 14:39
Dumoncea, yes US Navy Jolly Rogers and US Navy NF110 are the only Navy paints I could find. The NF110 came with the addon packages and the Jolly Rogers found at Flightsim.com. These two are the only Navy paints I could find. I may have to wet the brushes again if there are no others. The Alphasim version seems to have many paints available. Thanks for any help.

I guess they just didn't want the Navy to feel left out. :adoration:

Actually, some USN "B" or "J" birds with out the pitot tube on the radome would be nice. :untroubled:

Navy Chief
May 5th, 2014, 14:45

I was just checking out a few of the USN/USMC Phantom squadron paints. So many, and so colorful. NC Here are a few:

delta_lima
May 5th, 2014, 15:19
Seeing all of this talk of fictional USN/USMC naval repaints gave me a thought ... for the repainters - again, just ideas ...

While I too, would love the big nose B,J, N, S models, visually, these might suit the pointier/longer nose of the C9 E model,

Two very smart schemes that come to mind ...

1) VMFP-3 in TPS ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/RF-4B_Phantom_VMFP-3_El_Toro_1982.jpg

... and 2) in older, non-tactical colours ...

http://www.airpixbycaz.co.uk/bv01-153102.jpg

Just a thought!

DL

trowelmaster
May 5th, 2014, 18:24

Here are the 2 from creepy..

TuFun
May 5th, 2014, 18:32
Henk has provided a nice night AB effects! Made some changes for the proper angle to the flames.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/05/UGQz5.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/05/kcwj.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/05/kw8aE.jpg

stovall
May 5th, 2014, 18:34
Thanks Trowelmaster, those are the only two I managed to find and install. Hopefully more will be forth coming. I have the paint kit and will be taking a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks to all for the ideas and schemes to paint.

ZsoltB
May 5th, 2014, 19:16
I've added a little flicker at the AB tail end... and having some fun demonstration flight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km6tKhZfBYU

:encouragement:

WarHorse47
May 5th, 2014, 19:20
Loving it..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/2014-4-26_19-52-54-659_zpsa3c76f16.jpg

doublecool
May 6th, 2014, 00:30

Here are the 2 from creepy..

Can't find VF-161 .... can someone point me in the right direction please

ZsoltB
May 6th, 2014, 05:37
http://i.imgur.com/b85Endf.jpg

stovall
May 6th, 2014, 06:09
Can't find VF-161 .... can someone point me in the right direction please

doublecool, the VF 161 Navy paint scheme is in the LP3 Addon for the Cloud9 Phantom. I fortunately got all these before Cloud9 disappeared. Checking now for a location to download LP3. Checking at the FS Dreamteam Forum for any addon download locations.

hschuit
May 6th, 2014, 06:38
Guys, it is quite simple as long as you have FS9 installed:
1. Download the full Phantom pack incl all liveries here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

2. Run the installer, it will install the full pack as a trial in FS9 (no registration required unless you want to use it longer than 7 minutes in FS9)
3. Copy the .\Aircraft\cloud9 Phantom* folders to FSX .\Simobjects\Airplanes
4. Install the portover kit

The 'what if' USN paint is texture.USN_NF110

doublecool, the VF 161 Navy paint scheme is in the LP3 Addon for the Cloud9 Phantom. I fortunately got all these before Cloud9 disappeared. Checking now for a location to download LP3. Checking at the FS Dreamteam Forum for any addon download locations.

stovall
May 6th, 2014, 07:04
Thanks Henk, forgot the download at FS Dream Team contained the full addon paint packages. Been many years since my original purchase. Great things happening to this fantastic phantom. Thanks for all you are doing.

delta_lima
May 6th, 2014, 07:29
Guys, it is quite simple as long as you have FS9 installed:
1. Download the full Phantom pack incl all liveries here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

2. Run the installer, it will install the full pack as a trial in FS9 (no registration required unless you want to use it longer than 7 minutes in FS9)
3. Copy the .\Aircraft\cloud9 Phantom* folders to FSX .\Simobjects\Airplanes
4. Install the portover kit

The 'what if' USN paint is texture.USN_NF110

So question: (haven't bought yet - fully intend to - but just checking ...)

If I don't have FS9, will it install to a regular temp folder on the desktop? I loathe it when installers prevent you from choosing a target folder destination.

Thanks - looking to do this tonight/tomorrow.

DL

stovall
May 6th, 2014, 07:48
Delta-Lima, Henk or someone may know a way around the install problem. I had to reinstall FS9 for the installer to recognize the 2004 location and install the package. I have my original installer and the one with SP3 from FS Dream Team but both are looking for FS9 from what I could find. When you get to the point where the installer is looking for FS9 there is a blank address. I put in a temporary install address and even the FSX address but the installer fails when you proceed. Hope this helps.

Dumonceau
May 6th, 2014, 08:03
Delta-Lima, Henk or someone may know a way around the install problem. I had to reinstall FS9 for the installer to recognize the 2004 location and install the package. I have my original installer and the one with SP3 from FS Dream Team but both are looking for FS9 from what I could find. When you get to the point where the installer is looking for FS9 there is a blank address. I put in a temporary install address and even the FSX address but the installer fails when you proceed. Hope this helps.

Hi Tom,

There are a few possibililities here:

- create a folder named Microsft flight simulator FS2004 in which you create a text tile named FS9. Change the name to FS9.exe
- extract the contents of the installer with Universal Extractor: http://download.cnet.com/Universal-Extractor/3000-2250_4-75449770.html

Myself, I had to use the second option because my installer did not like Win7 64 bit. It worked like a charm!

EDIT: universal extractor is a tool often used in the IT sector. It is not a cracking tool whatsoever because the security in installers like Flight1 will NOT be disactivated. It won't even work on F1 installers.

Hope this helps!

Dumonceau

delta_lima
May 6th, 2014, 08:08
Hi Tom,

There are a few possibililities here:

- create a folder named Microsft flight simulator FS2004 in which you create a text tile named FS9. Change the name to FS9.exe
- extract the contents of the installer with Universal Extractor: http://download.cnet.com/Universal-Extractor/3000-2250_4-75449770.html

Myself, I had to use the second option because my installer did not like Win7 64 bit. It worked like a charm!

Hope this helps!

Dumonceau

Thanks Tom and Dumon (and for answering my first question here about graphics earlier),

I should have added I am running XP (ancient, dangerous, I know!) - in case that has anything to do with how I need to proceed.

Thanks again!

DL

cortomalteseit
May 6th, 2014, 09:37
Inside your FSX folder you already have a copy of Fs9.exe, just copy it to a temporary folder and proceed with the installation ;)

delta_lima
May 6th, 2014, 09:58
Inside your FSX folder you already have a copy of Fs9.exe, just copy it to a temporary folder and proceed with the installation ;)

I noticed that years ago when I first got FSX and started exploring the folder structure. Had no idea why it was there ... this hobby is full of clever tricks, and even more clever folks who know said tricks! :ernaehrung004:.

Cheers,

DL

WarHorse47
May 6th, 2014, 11:56
Glad you guys worked it out. Tom does great repaints, so I'm anxious to see what he creates.

In the meantime, how's the next Beta coming along? New AB effects and more magical changes to the gauges, I presume. :jump:

Dumonceau
May 6th, 2014, 12:14
Glad you guys worked it out. Tom does great repaints, so I'm anxious to see what he creates.

In the meantime, how's the next Beta coming along? New AB effects and more magical changes to the gauges, I presume. :jump:

I concur, I would love nothing more than the Low viz USMC paint!! :jump:

Dumonceau

hschuit
May 6th, 2014, 12:39
Glad you guys worked it out. Tom does great repaints, so I'm anxious to see what he creates. In the meantime, how's the next Beta coming along? New AB effects and more magical changes to the gauges, I presume. :jump:

Tufun and myself try to get the release version out within 2 weeks, these will be some of the changes vs. beta 3:

- Tufuns magnificent new burners
- Flaps/slats code updated to enable both keyboard and VC flaps mode switch input
- Dragchute code updated to enable both keyboard and VC dragchute lever input
- 2 separate AIR files with different rec 1101 Cd0 values for clean/training vs more draggy loadouts
- Triggers for "Too Low" / "Pull Up" warnings lights/sounds updated
- Sound.cfg volume warning sounds updated
- Restored original eyepoint to display gunsight recticle properly and updated VC camera views accordingly
- Kneepad Pilot Notes "C9_F4F_ref.htm" updated (a.o. flaps/dragchute operation)
- VC IFF transponder, ADF and Comm radios enabled, maybe also the TACAN if I can figure it out

delta_lima
May 6th, 2014, 14:17

Dumonceau

How about an in-between: toned down, not quite TPS, not quite coloured .... MCAS El Toro in the late 70s ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b9/RF-4B_VMFP-3_El_Toro_Apr_1978.jpeg

Getting more toned down ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/jinxx1/F-4%20Phantom%20II/RF-4B/RF-4B153093.jpg

... and full-on low-vis/TPS ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/RF-4B_VMFP-3_landing_on_USS_Eisenhower_(CVN-69)_1983.JPEG

Tufun and myself try to get the release version out within 2 weeks, these will be some of the changes vs. beta 3:

- Tufuns magnificent new burners
- Flaps/slats code updated to enable both keyboard and VC flaps mode switch input
- Dragchute code updated to enable both keyboard and VC dragchute lever input
- 2 separate AIR files with different rec 1101 Cd0 values for clean/training vs more draggy loadouts
- Triggers for "Too Low" / "Pull Up" warnings lights/sounds updated
- Sound.cfg volume warning sounds updated
- Restored original eyepoint to display gunsight recticle properly and updated VC camera views accordingly
- Kneepad Pilot Notes "C9_F4F_ref.htm" updated (a.o. flaps/dragchute operation)
- VC IFF transponder, ADF and Comm radios enabled, maybe also the TACAN if I can figure it out

Outstanding news gents - I'll be buying this as soon as PC gets up and running!

DL

stovall
May 6th, 2014, 14:41
The pictures from Delta Lima have been saved and this looks like a good place to start. I had begun a more ambitious project with VF 151 but I will shelve that to get some practice with the paint kit. Marines from El Toro coming up.

7886 This will be the next production after the El Toro VMF P-3 version. Thanks for giving an old guy something to do in his retirement.

Corvette99
May 6th, 2014, 19:25

Dumonceau

I can't find any other Navy or Marine textures . Anybody have any others ? Time to start painting I guess !

delta_lima
May 6th, 2014, 22:34
The pictures from Delta Lima have been saved and this looks like a good place to start. I had begun a more ambitious project with VF 151 but I will shelve that to get some practice with the paint kit. Marines from El Toro coming up.

7886 This will be the next production after the El Toro VMF P-3 version. Thanks for giving an old guy something to do in his retirement.

Thanks so very much - I'm honoured you'd consider it - never mind take it on.

Cheers,

DL

dhazelgrove
May 6th, 2014, 23:54
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/07/j9ULz.jpg

Dave

expat
May 7th, 2014, 03:07
​Just caught up with this thread and found my C9 Lead Sled files on my outlying field external "K" hard drive covered in dust! Thanks to my old multi player pal Creepy (great to see you on these boards Creeps - where is the old gang hanging out these days?) I have all his paints and mods. Looking forward to updating this ugly fella and scaring the airport's nearby neighbors. Like the idea of the E model with the VMFP paints. One of my very favorite things in this hobby is making another "re-discovery," with a team effort to mod and tinker with a plane - spanners and screwdrivers all over the ramp - into something new and fun. Keep the drive alive.

Hanimichal
May 7th, 2014, 06:13
Anyone have problem with wire/carrier?

hschuit
May 7th, 2014, 06:50
Anyone have problem with wire/carrier?

The model is not (yet) seaworthy LOL. First you need to add a [launch_assistance] section to the Aircraft.cfg :

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot= 13.3, 0.0, -9.0
launch_bar_lug = 14.8, 0.0, -10.0

Then the [TailHook] values need to be fixed, they are way off, I tried a trap and the hook does not catch any wire. Would be nice if someone can sort this out, it is not on my priority list at the moment.

Edit: This is a quick & dirty attempt which works for me:

[TailHook]
tailhook_length=6.5
tailhook_position = -30.00, 0, -3.1
cable_force_adjust = 1.0

Corvette99
May 7th, 2014, 08:33
The model is not (yet) seaworthy LOL. First you need to add a [launch_assistance] section to the Aircraft.cfg :

[launch_assistance]

Then the [TailHook] values need to be fixed, they are way off, I tried a trap and the hook does not catch any wire. Would be nice if someone can sort this out, it is not on my priority list at the moment.

[TailHook]
tailhook_length=6.5
cable_force_adjust = 1.0

Finally able to catch a wire on the AI Carrier, but still can't connect to catapult . Any ideas ?

hschuit
May 7th, 2014, 09:05
Finally able to catch a wire on the AI Carrier, but still can't connect to catapult . Any ideas ?

Strange... I have no issues with the cat (used Javier's Nimitz); not happy with the tailhook yet, catched a wire on only 1 out of 3 attempts.

delta_lima
May 7th, 2014, 10:10
Dave

That repaint, and the ones done by Duckie for the AS/V RF-4B are why that model remains my favourite F-4 model - thus far. It could be that is about to change ... :)

On the topic of "navalising" the E - it seems the hook operates in FSX - how about the wing fold?

Lastly, I assume from the screens that there are only 4 model/stores config: 1) clean, 2) Centre tank + 4x AIM-9, 3) loadout 2) + 2x wing tanks and ALQ-71 pod, and 3) 2x Wing Tanks + Bomb. Is that correct? I was hoping there'd be a 2x wing tank only option - but I suppose that was not a common E loadout - seems the single centre tank was the main "tank only" load out in actual operations ??? Historically, I've not paid much attention to the E/F/G Phantoms, so I'm still learning ...

cheers,

DL

The purchase may take a few days longer. PS - Mrs. CM is encouraging me to replace my 6 year old sim PC. I'm still debating whether I want to do that or not .... :lol :)

WarHorse47
May 7th, 2014, 10:28
Lastly, I assume from the screens that there are only 4 model/stores config: 1) clean, 2) Centre tank + 4x AIM-9, 3) loadout 2) + 2x wing tanks and ALQ-71 pod, and 3) 2x Wing Tanks + Bomb. Is that correct? I was hoping there'd be a 2x wing tank only option - but I suppose that was not a common E loadout - seems the single centre tank was the main "tank only" load out in actual operations ??? Historically, I've not paid much attention to the E/F/G Phantoms, so I'm still learning ...

cheers,

DLFrom the actual FS9 manual:

Aircraft Configurations

The aircraft included with this product are available in different configurations:
• AIR-to-AIR: two wing tanks + centerline tank + ALQ 119 + 3 AIM 120 + 4 AIM 9.
• LONG RANGE: two wing tanks + centerline tank + 2 travel-pods.
• QRA: 2 wing tanks + centerline tank + 2 AIM 9.
• TRAINING: centerline tank + AIM 9 Dummy + FPR (Flight Profile Recorder).
• CLEAN: no external stores.
• AIR-to-GROUND: centerline tank + 4 AGM65 Maverick.
• BOMB: 2 wing tanks + centerline tank + 4 AIM 9 + 2 TER (triple ejector rail) with 6 MK82 bombs.

And yes, the wing fold does work in FSX

TuFun
May 7th, 2014, 10:29
That repaint, and the ones done by Duckie for the AS/V RF-4B are why that model remains my favourite F-4 model - thus far. It could be that is about to change ... :)

On the topic of "navalising" the E - it seems the hook operates in FSX - how about the wing fold?

cheers,

DL

The purchase may take a few days longer. PS - Mrs. CM is encouraging me to replace my 6 year old sim PC. I'm still debating whether I want to do that or not .... :lol :)

Here are the model options...

McDonnellDouglas_F4_Phantom_AA
McDonnellDouglas_F4_Phantom_AG
McDonnellDouglas_F4_Phantom_CLEAN
McDonnellDouglas_F4_Phantom_QRA
McDonnellDouglas_F4_Phantom_TRAINING
McDonnellDouglas_F4_PhantomII_BOMB
McDonnellDouglas_F4_PhantomII_LONG RANGE

delta_lima
May 7th, 2014, 10:57
Thanks WH and TF - much appreciated.

Between either LR, TRG, or QRA - one could get a configuration close to a tanked RF - and that's pretty good.

Glad to know the wings work too. Most excellent.

DL

TuFun
May 7th, 2014, 10:57
Fine tuning some of the elements of the inner tube effects...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99pL7W0e6fM

delta_lima
May 7th, 2014, 12:34
Fine tuning some of the elements of the inner tube effects...

I'm feeling pumped up ... :running: Sorry, couldn't resist ...

They indeed look like they emanate from where the flame holder/spray bars would be in a J79. On many AB effects, they seem too far back, maybe modelers don't know how far forward that additional combustion actually takes place. Here, though, it looks spot on.

Bravo!

DL

stovall
May 7th, 2014, 14:08
Decided to try to finish the VF 151 Navy scheme. Progress and learning the paint kit.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/VF151Navy_zps0d7b8059.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/VF151Navy_zps0d7b8059.jpg.html)

TuFun
May 7th, 2014, 17:06
Decided to try to finish the VF 151 Navy scheme. Progress and learning the paint kit.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/VF151Navy_zps0d7b8059.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/VF151Navy_zps0d7b8059.jpg.html)

Cool, I likes!!!

Corvette99
May 7th, 2014, 17:12

Love it so far ! Is there a clean gray bird to use as a starting point for Navy aircraft ? If somebody has one , could you post a link for it ? I would love to do some Navy textures , I have a lot that I did for the Iris and Virtavia and would like to redo them for this beauty ! She is much better than the others !

TuFun
May 7th, 2014, 17:26
I'm feeling pumped up ... :running: Sorry, couldn't resist ...

They indeed look like they emanate from where the flame holder/spray bars would be in a J79. On many AB effects, they seem too far back, maybe modelers don't know how far forward that additional combustion actually takes place. Here, though, it looks spot on.

Bravo!

DL

I try to look inside the model and see how the the tubes are modeled. Then make the appropriate changes to fit. Also, I was looking at the flame holder of a J-79, so I made some textures of the same.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/07/MJgoe.jpg

Now reflected in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OJwpliHNU8

skyhawka4m
May 7th, 2014, 17:53
anyone up for this repaint?

skyhawka4m
May 7th, 2014, 17:56
.or maybe this US/Egyptian paint?

Corvette99
May 7th, 2014, 18:55
anyone up for this repaint?

Like this ?

ZsoltB
May 7th, 2014, 20:29
7932 7933 7934

delta_lima
May 7th, 2014, 21:02
Cool, I likes!!!

Indeed - coming along very nicely.

AB/reheat is looking great. Not simply a yellow "tube-o-flame" - nicely translucent. Looks simply superb.

DL

delta_lima
May 7th, 2014, 21:09
Love it so far ! Is there a clean gray bird to use as a starting point for Navy aircraft ? If somebody has one , could you post a link for it ? I would love to do some Navy textures , I have a lot that I did for the Iris and Virtavia and would like to redo them for this beauty ! She is much better than the others !

I'm not a repainter - but maybe check with Steve Bryant (aka "Duckie") here - he's done lots of great repaints for the AS / V model - he's famous for his stencil details. He's an FS9 only user - but still may be a good resource.

Hope that helps!

DL

hschuit
May 7th, 2014, 22:39
7932 7933 7934

Zsolt, where can we download these repaints? I specially want that JG71 38+10.

ZsoltB
May 8th, 2014, 03:12

wtd61

sepp666
May 8th, 2014, 03:50
Zolt please next:

bully707
May 8th, 2014, 04:29
Zsolt, where can we download these repaints? I specially want that JG71 38+10.

I would like to second Henk's comment...!
Zsolt, please make them available to us...please!

:applause:

TuFun
May 8th, 2014, 04:52

Phantastic!!!

WarHorse47
May 8th, 2014, 06:05
I would like to second Henk's comment...!
Zsolt, please make them available to us...please!

:applause:I agree. Zsolt, please make them available to us..

ZsoltB
May 8th, 2014, 06:14
8016 8017
8019 8020

stovall
May 8th, 2014, 07:08
All fantastic paints!!! Makes my stuff look feeble. Sure would like to download your creations Zsolt. Hope you will make them available.

gray eagle
May 8th, 2014, 07:29

[launch_assistance]

[TailHook]
tailhook_length=6.5
cable_force_adjust = 1.0

Use this setting, works great

[TailHook]
tailhook_length=3.3
tailhook_position = -13.86, 0.35, -1.61
cable_force_adjust = 1.0

http://i60.tinypic.com/zmjivp.png

Dumonceau
May 8th, 2014, 07:49
All fantastic paints!!! Makes my stuff look feeble. Sure would like to download your creations Zsolt. Hope you will make them available.

Allow me to disagree, your paint is EXCELLENT!!

D.

stovall
May 8th, 2014, 15:32
Thanks Dumonceau, in that case time for an update on the VF-151. Almost time to shadow a TU-95.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/F-4B_VF-151_CV-41_TU-95_zpsbe0ec3dc.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/F-4B_VF-151_CV-41_TU-95_zpsbe0ec3dc.jpg.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/VF151a1_zps4381091e.png (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/VF151a1_zps4381091e.png.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/VF151b1_zpsbdd78a14.png (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/VF151b1_zpsbdd78a14.png.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/VF151c_zps94154069.png (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/VF151c_zps94154069.png.html)

ZsoltB
May 8th, 2014, 23:35
8038 8039 8040

Dimus
May 8th, 2014, 23:44
8016 8017
8019 8020

Great paints all!

Is the Greek one available zsolt?

sepp666
May 9th, 2014, 03:09
Why does zsoltquack never answer any question?

I like his repaints too, but he seems not to have community friendly behaviour...

dhazelgrove
May 9th, 2014, 03:24

I like his repaints too, but he seems not to have community friendly behaviour...

Possibly unfair. He has given away quite a few repaints elsewhere.
You could try a PM, after all.

Dave

ZsoltB
May 9th, 2014, 03:38

Go NAVY!

ZsoltB
May 9th, 2014, 03:40

maybe I'm busy?

:173go1:

hschuit
May 9th, 2014, 04:02

Well, he answered me per PM - his repaints are donationware, costing $ 2,00 a piece. Zsolt: Maybe it is better if you advertize/promote your work in a separate thread and make it clear your repaints are not for free.

cheers, Henk.

sepp666
May 9th, 2014, 04:25
Well, he answered me per PM - his repaints are donationware, costing $ 2,00 a piece. Zsolt: Maybe it is better if you advertize/promote your work in a separate thread and make it clear your repaints are not for free.

cheers, Henk.

I got the same e-mail.

Henk your idea is a good one - seperate thread for payware.

Irony on: "Maybe the portover kit of the Phantom should be sold too?:greedy_dollars:" Irony off

Anyway, thank you all for the work that you have done, everyone!

bully707
May 9th, 2014, 05:23
I totally agree...!
Being able to use my C9 Phantom in FSX is worth something to me!
Should the work that was being put into this portoverkit be sold, I'd pay for it.
Same goes for the fantasic repaints by Zsolt...they are a piece of art and make my repaints of the C9 Phantom look like drawn by a kid...:encouragement:

I am in...!
Zsolt...you've got mail!

trowelmaster
May 9th, 2014, 07:23

Go NAVY!

Superb, Ill try to come up with some monies for you soon...!

Lee Mumbower
May 9th, 2014, 07:54
I think Henks work to make the Cloud 9 Phantom work in FSX is the best thing that has been done for FSX in years! Thank you Henk! Lee

Lee Mumbower
May 9th, 2014, 08:12
Can any one tell me how to go about paying for Zsolt repaints ? Thanks Lee

dhazelgrove
May 9th, 2014, 09:32
Can any one tell me how to go about paying for Zsolt repaints ? Thanks Lee

Why don't you ask him? That's what PMs are for.

Dave

ZsoltB
May 9th, 2014, 09:41
PAYPAL address: zsoltbeleznay@gmail.com

:very_drunk:

cortomalteseit
May 9th, 2014, 09:41
With the latest beta version, I've noticed a strange behavior during landing phases. It seems to me that the airplane doesn't mantain correctly the speed even though I've a Full AB throttle, with flaps extended, resulting most of the times in a stall.
Without flaps extended, the airplane increases regularly the speed.
Is there a section in the file .air that have been modified? If so, which was the previous values?
Sorry for my not perfect english, thanks in advance!

TuFun
May 9th, 2014, 10:28
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/09/lKFS.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/05/09/5jAUH.jpg

Dumonceau
May 9th, 2014, 10:43
I got the same e-mail.

Henk your idea is a good one - seperate thread for payware.

Irony on: "Maybe the portover kit of the Phantom should be sold too?:greedy_dollars:" Irony off

Anyway, thank you all for the work that you have done, everyone!

I totally agree. This thread started out as an idea/question by NC and through the efforts of Henk and Tufun it evolved into a way to enjoy this beautiful model in FSX. That IMHO is beautiful. Commendable even!

Isn't that what SOH is all about? Enjoying our hobby, sharing knowledge, insights, repaints, mods and what not, at no charge?

Sorry for the rant.

Dumonceau

ZsoltB
May 9th, 2014, 10:53
8052 8053

Devils in the ramp

hschuit
May 9th, 2014, 11:44
With the latest beta version, I've noticed a strange behavior during landing phases. It seems to me that the airplane doesn't mantain correctly the speed even though I've a Full AB throttle, with flaps extended, resulting most of the times in a stall.
Without flaps extended, the airplane increases regularly the speed.
Is there a section in the file .air that have been modified? If so, which was the previous values?
Sorry for my not perfect english, thanks in advance!

Sounds like you somehow managed to activate the extra "superflap" stage in flight. This stage (flaps-position.3) adds massive drag and should only be actived when the chute is deployed. I did not change the flaps in the AIR file. I sent you a PM.

Thanks, Henk.

trowelmaster
May 9th, 2014, 12:09
I totally agree. This thread started out as an idea/question by NC and through the efforts of Henk and Tufun it evolved into a way to enjoy this beautiful model in FSX. That IMHO is beautiful. Commendable even!

Isn't that what SOH is all about? Enjoying our hobby, sharing knowledge, insights, repaints, mods and what not, at no charge?

Sorry for the rant.

Dumonceau

:applause::applause::applause::applause:...!