PDA

View Full Version : Repaint request MJ C47 V2 for Wisconsin Central

Mazo
January 12th, 2014, 11:36
I am making a request to our very talented re-painter guys/gals for a repaint for Wisconsin Central Airlines DC-3.
This aircraft was my first flight in any aircraft as a kid. My sister and I flew from Madison, WI to Chicago Midway to see our brother who was working for Eastern Airlines. While we were there, he was able to take us on a tour of Eastern's pride and joy at that time -- The Lockheed Super Connie! We were duly amazed at her after coming off the DC-3. :adoration:

Here is a picture of a Wisconsin Central DC-3 at Midway:
http://images3.jetphotos.net/img/1/0/0/2/71518_1289869200.jpg
Here is a close up of Herman the Duck: http://www.hermantheduck.org/images/aircraft%20section%20images/lockheed10Aprofile.data_/images/lockheed10Aprofile_09.jpg

I could not get the entire image to copy but here is a link to another picture of her: http://www.hermantheduck.org/pages/aircraft%20section%20pages/paintschemes1.html#WIS%20DC-3

I would deeply appreciate it if any of you would consider doing this repaint.

Thanks!

Lyn

Mazo
January 15th, 2014, 01:41
Hmm, no response. Is there somewhere else that I should make my request?

Thanks!

Lyn

flyinggoldfish
January 15th, 2014, 01:57
I can do you a paint, but it'll take a while. Will probably be mid Feb or so before I get a chance to look at at it... Painting is on hold for the DC-3 world Rally and I've got a backlog to clear when I start again...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Mazo
January 15th, 2014, 05:11
I can do you a paint, but it'll take a while. Will probably be mid Feb or so before I get a chance to look at at it... Painting is on hold for the DC-3 world Rally and I've got a backlog to clear when I start again...

Thank you very much! The time-frame is no problem at all!:applause:

Look forward to seeing a Wisconsin Central DC3!

Lyn

flyinggoldfish
January 15th, 2014, 08:46
No problem, send me a PM to remind me in 2 weeks or so - I'm a forgetful bugger! :)

Mazo
January 15th, 2014, 09:45
No problem, send me a PM to remind me in 2 weeks or so - I'm a forgetful bugger! :)

Sure, as long as I remember! I'll just put a reminder in my calendar.

Thanks again.

Lyn

trucker17
January 15th, 2014, 10:41
Hey Mazo....
I have a few repaint in the paint booth at the moment.....
If I can get to it before Flyinggoldfish does, I give it a try....

Bill Kestell
January 15th, 2014, 10:53
If it makes any diifference, I'll second this request! Been a longtime fan of this amazing airline.

Mazo
January 15th, 2014, 13:18
Hey Mazo....
I have a few repaint in the paint booth at the moment.....
If I can get to it before Flyinggoldfish does, I give it a try....

Trucker17, that would be great. I really appreciate the contributions you re-painters make to the hobby!:applause:

Thanks!

Lyn

flyinggoldfish
January 27th, 2014, 01:48
Hi there, you get this done in the end?

Mazo
January 27th, 2014, 01:58
Hi there, you get this done in the end?

No. Still hoping it can be done. Would appreciate it very much!:applause:

Thanks!
Lyn

flyinggoldfish
January 27th, 2014, 02:47
No worries, will start gathering pics and see about starting into it this week sometime...

Mazo
January 27th, 2014, 03:31
No worries, will start gathering pics and see about starting into it this week sometime...

Thanks so much! I really appreciate this repaint.

Lyn

flyinggoldfish
February 6th, 2014, 10:01
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/02/06/LT1wX.jpg

Mazo
February 6th, 2014, 10:24
Alright, flyinggoldfish!! Looks just beautiful - thank you so very much.:applause: I plan on adding the new cockpit that Jarvis is doing and that will make a spectacular combination!:jump:

Truly appreciate you doing this repaint for me - it means a lot.

Lyn

Bill Kestell
February 8th, 2014, 15:31
Totally sweet repaint. I'll be using it on my flights between Milwaukee, Oshkosh and Green Bay. Thanks so very much.

flyinggoldfish
February 9th, 2014, 02:14
Glad ye like folks :) will get her uploaded for all shortly...

Mazo
February 9th, 2014, 02:55
Only one issue after a closer look is that Herman the Duck's head should be green as he is a male mallard. If this is an easy fix, I would appreciate it but if not, I will still love this repaint!

http://www.hermantheduck.org/images/aircraft%20section%20images/lockheed10Aprofile.data_/images/lockheed10Aprofile_09.jpg

Thanks!

Lyn

flyinggoldfish
February 9th, 2014, 10:10
An not 100% sure about that... I know they had them green on the electric, but I came across a good b&w photo of the logo on dc-3 and it appears to have the same colour tone as the blue stripe.... That said, it's easily changed...

Mazo
February 9th, 2014, 12:03
An not 100% sure about that... I know they had them green on the electric, but I came across a good b&w photo of the logo on dc-3 and it appears to have the same colour tone as the blue stripe.... That said, it's easily changed...

Sorry about the delay responding. I saw your post and then went on an extensive search using all the search engines I have but could not come up with a color picture of Herman on a real aircraft. Some b&w that had the right angle but.... When they became North Central Airlines, all the pictures of Herman are as you have him - all blue. I can not honestly know what the color was at the start of Wisconsin Central so why not just leave it as is? Works just fine with me!

Thanks!

Lyn

manfredc3
February 9th, 2014, 22:49
I like this repaint, and am looking forward to it becoming available for download.

Update: 02/12.
Just downloaded the repaint.

Thanks very much flyinggoldfish