PDA

View Full Version : Driver_irql_not_less_than_equal

ian elliot
January 12th, 2014, 07:41
Im having problems with my system restarting, maybe 2 or 3 times before things finally settle down. once the PC has started, it'll run with no problems for hours. Ive done 2 sweeps with AVG scince x-mas and everything seems ok, and i hav'nt installed any hardware recently. I went into system and turned of my automatic startup to see if i get a blue screen warning, and the DRIVER_IRQL ect ect appeared, im guessing my HD is dying on me so im backing up requally just in case but could there be other reasons, any one else had issues with this.
cheers ian

OleBoy
January 12th, 2014, 08:15
Reading on the WWW it appears to be a driver issue somewhere that creates a loop and stops the kernel from loading properly. A recent update perhaps prior to this symptom starting maybe. Have you tried system restore?

When it goes into BSOD, what is the stop error code? Example: Stop: 0x000000D1. Typing the code underlined into Google will give (hopefully) positive results and a direction to acquire the manufacturers updated (if applicable) driver.

You've likely already tried this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GVVswYErCc

Another option is to try reinstalling all the required drivers needed at the time of a fresh install.
And another, boot from the operating system disk and attempt a repair.

ADDED

You might also disconnect anything that's not required to run your PC while booting up to the desktop. IE; External drives, controllers, additional monitors, etc, as a process of elimination. Doing this may not change a thing and you still get the blue screen. In any case keep things to a minimum to avoid memory load as the drivers are cycled.

ian elliot
January 12th, 2014, 09:38
Thanks Oleboy, thats very helpful, ive only had the blue screen of death twice scince x-mas but i'll be prepared the next time it appears, as for drivers, i have'nt really installed anything scince the summer but something could have been updated without my knowlage.
thanks again, ian