PDA

View Full Version : The Fravin C150 L upgraded to FSX & P3D

lagaffe
January 11th, 2014, 09:50
You can now download one the best freeware created for FS2004 which is now useable on FSX-SP2/Acceleration Dx10 and Prepar3D v2.

This migration has been done with Fravin agrement. In June 2013 I was contacted by one of two authors who sought a modeler who would have the patience and willingness to make a FSX version of this aircraft. It is with pleasure that I accepted and after 6 months of work here is the first release. Other changes are in progress and version 2.0 should be available by the first half of 2014

This aircraft "a Cessna 150L Aerobat" which have been compared to some paywares, has been migrated on FSX. This a/c has nice animations and is a joy to fly and look at also, as the paint jobs are (visually) some of the best and most refined schemes on Cessna high-winged single-engined.

I strongly advise those who do not have it to get it. It has a VC with animations, no 2D panel, and its own sound. The passenger waves a map as it flies, the doors open as do the windows on the upper part of the door, and the sunshields lower--all from within the VC only.

2523 2524

2525 2526

This aircraft can be download on http://frenchvfr.free.fr - Download Section - FSX/P3D Aircraft

Have fun if you get it :wavey:

DaveKDEN
January 11th, 2014, 10:09
You can now download one the best freeware created for FS2004 which is now useable on FSX-SP2/Acceleration Dx10 and Prepar3D v2.

This migration has been done with Fravin agrement. In June 2013 I was contacted by one of two authors who sought a modeler who would have the patience and willingness to make a FSX version of this aircraft. It is with pleasure that I accepted and after 6 months of work here is the first release. Other changes are in progress and version 2.0 should be available by the first half of 2014

This aircraft "a Cessna 150L Aerobat" which have been compared to some paywares, has been migrated on FSX. This a/c has nice animations and is a joy to fly and look at also, as the paint jobs are (visually) some of the best and most refined schemes on Cessna high-winged single-engined.

I strongly advise those who do not have it to get it. It has a VC with animations, no 2D panel, and its own sound. The passenger waves a map as it flies, the doors open as do the windows on the upper part of the door, and the sunshields lower--all from within the VC only.

2523 2524

2525 2526

This aircraft can be download on http://frenchvfr.free.fr - Download Section - FSX/P3D Aircraft

Have fun if you get it :wavey:

Looks great.
Edit;
Make sure you don't use Chrome's French to English translation as it translates an incorrect user name.

Roger
January 11th, 2014, 10:44
It has interior and exterior mdls so it's native!

Stan V.
January 11th, 2014, 11:08
I find the download okay but then the site asks for my user name and password which I don't have and don't particularly want to get. Is there any way around this?

Stan V.

Portia911
January 11th, 2014, 11:16
Wonderful news, lagaffe :jump:

Rudyjo
January 11th, 2014, 11:17
I tried to download this, it says to use "mike" as the user name and "simulation" as the password.
When I put in those words, it says they are not correct.
Can't download it.

StormILM
January 11th, 2014, 11:28
Do not translate the username/password, type them exactly as they are shown in red. I got mine on the first attempt. I remember this model from my FS9 days, very nice! It's a bit dated graphics wise now but I'm going to give it a shot.

OleBoy
January 11th, 2014, 11:36
Thanks for sharing this lagaffe

lagaffe
January 11th, 2014, 11:37
I have translate all the pages in the Download section (http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en) so if you choose the right language on the banner page (English of course) you can read without problem all the instructions to proceed !

I am French but I speak and read English of course ;-)

@Oleboy: I protect my download with a username and a password because some people use hotlink on my site so I prefer that you erase you last reply.

Didier aka "Lagaffe"

OleBoy
January 11th, 2014, 11:42
Done.

I was trying to help those having trouble. Sorry.

I remember this aircraft back in fs2004. It was one of the more detailed, and nicely done. I gladly accept the updated version.

Roger
January 11th, 2014, 11:52
This is great! I think some features are yet to be added (no pilot) and some switches are incorrectly named. I have added from my port-over folder OH-CGL, a favourite metallic repaint.:engel016:
Oh in Dx10 + fixer of course!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/11/nf7wP.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/11/H2qwG.jpg

lagaffe
January 11th, 2014, 12:15
Pilot and Co-pilot are ready to use in this version !

If you use SHIFT+3 you obtain a Checklist pannel where you can select or de-select somes functionnalities:
- pilot and copilot
- wheels chocks
- wheel fairing
- etc ...

You can also click on in the VC on aircraft's immatriculation to obtain this 2D pannel.

To discover this aircraft: click on some parts of the VC ... and search .... or read the "C150 US description.pdf"

@Roger: If you agree I can insert your repaint in the next version ? It is very nice and I like it very much.

On the Download section you have also 8 repaints: one is a Lagaf' repaint done by a frien of mine.

StormILM
January 11th, 2014, 12:20
Just gave it a test and WOW! Brings back memories of my primary training in the C-150. It's a keeper!

Roger
January 11th, 2014, 12:51
Pilot and Co-pilot are ready to use in this version !

If you use SHIFT+3 you obtain a Checklist pannel where you can select or de-select somes functionnalities:
- pilot and copilot
- wheels chocks
- wheel fairing
- etc ...

You can also click on in the VC on aircraft's immatriculation to obtain this 2D pannel.

To discover this aircraft: click on some parts of the VC ... and search .... or read the "C150 US description.pdf"

@Roger: If you agree I can insert your repaint in the next version ? It is very nice and I like it very much.

On the Download section you have also 8 repaints: one is a Lagaf' repaint done by a frien of mine.

Hi Lagaffe,
You're more than welcome to use the screenshots.
I found the checklist but I couldn't make the pilot appear with my mouse clicking the pilot check box. I could add or remove the wheel pants though.

Just tried again and could not make the pilot appear with the check box and I'm in Dx10 with FsX.

pbearsailor
January 11th, 2014, 13:05
Thanks so much, Didier! :jump:

I've missed this one. Learned to fly in this model and did my first instruction as a CFI in the very same airplane.

Cheers,
steve :wavey:

dandog
January 11th, 2014, 13:13
The words are 'micro' and 'simulation'. However, I then get an unconfirmed download of 42.1 MB. If I rename it the .zip file type, I can unzip it and it's a complete file. Tried in Chrome and IE.

big-mike
January 11th, 2014, 13:16
Merci Didier pour cet avion magnifique!
Mike

Portia911
January 11th, 2014, 15:12
Hi Lagaffe,
You're more than welcome to use the screenshots.
I found the checklist but I couldn't make the pilot appear with my mouse clicking the pilot check box. I could add or remove the wheel pants though.

Just tried again and could not make the pilot appear with the check box and I'm in Dx10 with FsX.

Roger, you need to make sure the engine is not running before you can swap pilot/instructor in and out.
Quirky!? I love it!

Merci beaucoup, lagaffe

Roger
January 11th, 2014, 15:32
Roger, you need to make sure the engine is not running before you can swap pilot/instructor in and out.
Quirky!? I love it!

Merci beaucoup, lagaffe

Ahhh... I'll try that!

Roger
January 11th, 2014, 16:31
Okay, got me a pilot!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/11/FTvdW.jpg

TuFun
January 11th, 2014, 17:04
Lots of options on the checklist! Nice work!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/11/8gBVA.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/11/GqeC3.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/11/KZPmh.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/11/ZEDA.jpg

ThinkingManNeil
January 11th, 2014, 19:22
Genuinely enjoyed the FS2004 version of this little bird; so nicely detailed and an excellent flyer so I win't hesitate in the least to download her.

I remember rumours flying around the boards when the FS9 version came out that there were plans for a "Texas Taildragger" version, an iteration of the 150/152 species that is by far my personal favourite. Hopefully that may come, too.

My very real thanks to the parties involved in this for their hard work and thoughtfulness. It's folks like these who making flight simming great...

N.

alehead
January 12th, 2014, 00:29
A warm thank you to all who participated in making this possible. I loved this in FS9 too... A great plane for hopping around OrbX airfields and the like...

A

Andrew Entwistle

lagaffe
January 12th, 2014, 01:37
Hi,

It's not necessary to be registred on French-VFR to download an aircraft or an other model; if you do, it will be very nice of you.
Each download is protected with a username/password which are NOT your username member.

All necessary data are detailed in the few lines joined to the download area: you have just to read theses lines. So don't use "Google Translation" on my site, username and perhaps password will be also translated ... so your problems come from there.
To avoid this problem, I have create my homesite with two langages: French and English and I translate systematically all my download pages in English.

Download howto:
1) On the banner page of French-VFR, click on the English flag (at left top of the page) to switch the language site and then go to the Download area and read the instructions: username and password are colored in red.
2) If you have used wrongs username/password and if your explorer have memorized theses settings, try to use another program like Firefox or reset your security parameters (memorized accounts/password).

@ThinkingmanNeil (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?50764-ThinkingManNeil)
I am curious and I have made some research on "Texas Taildragger" ... it's a very nice aircraft but this one is a french Cessna maded by Reims Aviation.
Perhaps in the next version, I will make a "Texas Taildragger" ...

Best regards !

Anneke
January 12th, 2014, 04:15
This is very much appreciatede. Merci beaucoup monsieur!

racartron
January 12th, 2014, 04:25
What a great gift for all us old timers:jump: this was my favorite bird in the fs9 days. The good news is all the old liveries port over nicely. All I did was to delete the old prop bmp and add the fsx texture.cfg into each old livery.

I also added my shockwave light setup as one can never have too many lights:adoration: Here it is for anyone who likes lots of lights

[lights]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0 = 4, 1.90, 0.00, 1.45, fx_shockwave_vclight,
light.1 = 1, -16.2, 0.00, 3.47, fx_shockwave_beacon ,
light.2 = 4, 1.20, 0.00, 1.00, fx_shockwave_vclight,
light.3 = 3, 0.58, -16.50, 1.80, fx_shockwave_navred_nl,
light.4 = 3, 0.58, 16.60, 1.80, fx_shockwave_navgre_nl,
light.5 = 2, 0.28, -16.50, 1.80, fx_shockwave_strobe_nl,
light.6 = 2, 0.28, 16.60, 1.80, fx_shockwave_strobe_nl_3,
light.7 = 6, 8.10, 0.00, -1.20, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small,
light.8 = 5, 8.10, 0.00, -1.20, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow

now, back to the skies:cowboy:

big-mike
January 12th, 2014, 06:25
Roger and Tufun,would you please share your paints with us?
Thank you
Mike

TuFun
January 12th, 2014, 08:46
Thank you
Mike

The repaint is by Greenhopper and it's at the French-VFR site.

ce_zeta
January 12th, 2014, 09:20
Wow!it's a real 'must-have'.

Thank you very much!.:applause::applause:

I downloaded the file without problems.

big-mike
January 12th, 2014, 09:33
The repaint is by Greenhopper and it's at the French-VFR site.

Thank you.
Mike

Roger
January 12th, 2014, 09:47
Thank you
Mike

Sorry Mike,
I've Googled and searched major fsim sites and I can't find it.

big-mike
January 12th, 2014, 11:54
Sorry Mike,
I've Googled and searched major fsim sites and I can't find it.

No problem,Roger.
In the package Tufun mentioned are several nice paints.
Mike

Paul Anderson
January 12th, 2014, 12:00
Great job on conversion!
Just an observation, in Greenhopper's paints the title for FCROW is blank which prevents it and any subsequent paints in aircraft.cfg from showing in aircraft selection menu.

Suggest changing it from:
title=
to:
title=Cessna_150 F-CROW

doublecool
January 12th, 2014, 12:03
Wonderful gift for the start of 2014

Thank you to all envolved :applause::applause::applause:

Stan V.
January 12th, 2014, 16:44
I have translate all the pages in the Download section (http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en) so if you choose the right language on the banner page (English of course) you can read without problem all the instructions to proceed !

I am French but I speak and read English of course ;-)

@Oleboy: I protect my download with a username and a password because some people use hotlink on my site so I prefer that you erase you last reply.

Didier aka "Lagaffe"

Sorry, guys - I read the instructions, translated the site to English, and typed the id and password displayed in red when asked but then still get rejected because of an id/password violation. Any more ideas?

Stan V

DaveKDEN
January 12th, 2014, 17:05
Sorry, guys - I read the instructions, translated the site to English, and typed the id and password displayed in red when asked but then still get rejected because of an id/password violation. Any more ideas?

Stan V

Try 'micro' instead of 'mike' for user name. Google translation screws that up.

AussieMan
January 12th, 2014, 18:11
Will there be a paint kit available for this aircraft. As an Aussie when flying in Australia I like to use the VH-*** registered aircraft. Any country I fly in I like to use their registrations.

Stan V.
January 12th, 2014, 18:45
Try 'micro' instead of 'mike' for user name. Google translation screws that up.

After I do the site's language translation, that is the word that shows in red and that is what I typed - it doesn't work for me.

DaveKDEN
January 12th, 2014, 19:05
After I do the site's language translation, that is the word that shows in red and that is what I typed - it doesn't work for me.

What browser are you using? I ended up getting it downloaded from Firefox.

p14u2nv
January 12th, 2014, 20:22
Thank you very much lagaffe, this is indeed most appreciated. Looking forward to flying this aircraft asap as it does bring back some very fond memories for me.

beercan
January 13th, 2014, 01:24
Don't translate, click on the flag to obtain pages in English.

BAT21
January 13th, 2014, 07:01
Hi,
my compliments to the team that design this aircraft: it is very nice to fly it.

I am not a real pilot, but I observed that to make a coordinated turn is necessary to use a little rudder compared to what is used in other aircraft that fly in FSX (ex. P92).
Is it the same in the real flight ?

cheers Marco

Lane Street
January 13th, 2014, 07:07
This is fantastic, one of my FS9 faves now in FSX native format.

One less reason to start FS9.

Can anybody else verify a non-working ADF?

I can tune the station and hear the identifier yet get no needle movement.

cheers,
Lane

Sieggie
January 13th, 2014, 07:09
I noticed that also, but have not had time to look into it.

Dave

lagaffe
January 13th, 2014, 11:06
@Aussieman:
The FS9 paintkit is available at: http://www.fs-tutorials.com/en/down_plane_C150_01.php
Make your repaint and don't forget to transform it in DDS format :santahat:

@Lane Street:
This ADF needle has a bug: I work to solve it ... it will be correct in the next version (no date for the moment).

Lane Street
January 16th, 2014, 12:40
Thanks for the confirmation about the ADF needle.

Another thing I noticed is that the textures are not set up properly for speculars.

For at least the exterior and the wings, the diffuse and the speculars are assigned to the same file name.

That does not work. If that could also be fixed in the update, I would appreciate it. As would other painters, I suppose.

cheers,
Lane

sidler
January 16th, 2014, 12:58
I have yet been able to enter this site...I keep getting "CANNOT DISPLAY THIS PAGE". I have the original FS9 model. I will have to give up:banghead:.

Dick

lagaffe
January 18th, 2014, 00:57
@Lane Street:
This first version was centred on the model 3D and the cockpit. Textures used in this version are theses ones of Yves Franckart.
Textures bump and specular should be added in the next version an also a damage mod would be adapted form Ismael's works.

@Slider:
During this week, French-VFR has received more than 200 visits and 1100 downloads for the Cessna so I think that you should retry this week-end with more success.

ce_zeta
January 18th, 2014, 02:30
Thank you Lagaffe for the information. Two question more.

v1 repaints will work with v2?
Can you explain more about the damage mod? (for people like me, that we unknow the ismael's works).

Thanks.

Roger
January 18th, 2014, 03:32
Does anyone know who's repaint and where it can be downloaded from? A few people have asked me and after several searches I can't find it and it was probably 8 or 9 years ago that I obtained it.

Okay, got me a pilot!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/11/FTvdW.jpg

kiki
January 18th, 2014, 04:18
Great job on conversion!
Just an observation, in Greenhopper's paints the title for FCROW is blank which prevents it and any subsequent paints in aircraft.cfg from showing in aircraft selection menu.

Suggest changing it from:
title=
to:
title=Cessna_150 F-CROW

Thank you! I didn´t see that...

Sadly there are not too many non-French repaints available. At least I don´t find them. That metal repaint in Rogers picture would be great and some Canadian, US and UK registers as well.

lagaffe
January 18th, 2014, 06:14
If you find US repaints for this plane ... you can find on AVSim and search "Cessna Fravin": I will find N11530 & N5261Q.
I think that the OH-CGL texture will be made by Yves Franckart because I saw it on "http://users.skynet.be/fravinguidee/creation.html". I try to find it ant I if I succeed I will upgrade this post.

gray eagle
January 18th, 2014, 07:27
Nice Plane however for some reason, The view out of the windshield looks a little scratchy, I see some other postings here that have clear looking windshield.
Guess I need to get out the Glass Wax!!

gray eagle
January 18th, 2014, 08:47
I got the Grasshopper repaints which included the BLue N2927T like the one TUFUN displayed and the windshield is much clearer and better then the other stock one I posted. (See above) ^
Go figure. Book em' Danno!!!!

Roger
January 18th, 2014, 09:23
If you find US repaints for this plane ... you can find on AVSim and search "Cessna Fravin": I will find N11530 & N5261Q.
I think that the OH-CGL texture will be made by Yves Franckart because I saw it on "http://users.skynet.be/fravinguidee/creation.html". I try to find it ant I if I succeed I will upgrade this post.

Many thanks lagaffe:ernaehrung004:

gray eagle
January 18th, 2014, 10:19
Many thanks lagaffe:ernaehrung004:

Just a HU, I got the Texture 11530 from AVSIM and the files are in BMP mode and when I added it to the core C150, it did not show in the FSX previews.
The grasshopper repaints are compatible and all are in dds format

BTW, The Grasshopper repaints have a better looking windshield the the stock one, much clearer and not as scratchy looking. I have made post above
with attached pics to illustrate this ^.

Lane Street
January 18th, 2014, 10:29
Does anyone know who's repaint and where it can be downloaded from? A few people have asked me and after several searches I can't find it and it was probably 8 or 9 years ago that I obtained it.

That paint is included in the FS9 version and is also in the paint kit, except for the registration.

cheers,
Lane

lagaffe
January 18th, 2014, 11:09
It is not Grasshopper but Grennhopper repaints, and they are on French-VFR in the downloads section "Aircraft's repaints" (use the English flap on the top left of the banner).

@gray eagle :
It's very strange because this artefacts are due to the glass_CV.dds texture and they are compiled in the 3D model.
If this texture is'nt in the "Cessna 150L\texture.N2927T" directory, FSX call it from "Cessna 150L\texture" directory.

So you can use PSP or The Gimp to modified glass_CV.dds and solve your problem:
- backup the glass_CV.dds file
- with DXT2Bmp ou ImageTool convert this file in BMP (24bits)
- modify the opacity caracteristic of this file (75%) and save it (24 bits)
- convert this new BMP to DDS (DXT3) and enjoy !

I will publish a v1.5 with two glass_CV.dds file: this one and another more clean for all convenience.
Another 3D model will be joined: a Texas Taildragger with a 160 cv and a US repaint !

Paul Anderson
January 18th, 2014, 11:46
Some of the paints have glass_cv.dds and glass_ext.dds textures in them. (FBXNS, FGAQC, FGHJK, SAMU)
SAMU glass_cv.dds appears to be a copy of glass_ext.dds so guess should show scratch free. (is also interior reflection free, prefer the fallback)
When the textures are in the paint folder they are used instead of the ones in the fallback texture folder.
If you like the fallback glass textures better, rename the files mentioned in above paints adding .old or .orig to the end (after the .dds).
(just my two cents worth, don't worry about currency conversion to Canadian, we don't deal in pennies now :o)

lagaffe
January 18th, 2014, 12:05
Very good suggestions !

For the next Texas Taildragger, I have choose the modele described on this site : http://www.toandos.com/DC152.html

2884 2885

gray eagle
January 18th, 2014, 13:19
Some of the paints have glass_cv.dds and glass_ext.dds textures in them. (FBXNS, FGAQC, FGHJK, SAMU)
SAMU glass_cv.dds appears to be a copy of glass_ext.dds so guess should show scratch free. (is also interior reflection free, prefer the fallback)
When the textures are in the paint folder they are used instead of the ones in the fallback texture folder.
If you like the fallback glass textures better, rename the files mentioned in above paints adding .old or .orig to the end (after the .dds).
(just my two cents worth, don't worry about currency conversion to Canadian, we don't deal in pennies now :o)

Outstanding!!!! No More scratchy glass and didn't have to mess with any alpha channels (I hate messing with that!)

Thank you sir!!!

gray eagle
January 18th, 2014, 13:24
It is not Grasshopper but Grennhopper repaints, and they are on French-VFR in the downloads section "Aircraft's repaints" (use the English flap on the top left of the banner).

@gray eagle :
It's very strange because this artefacts are due to the glass_CV.dds texture and they are compiled in the 3D model.
If this texture is'nt in the "Cessna 150L\texture.N2927T" directory, FSX call it from "Cessna 150L\texture" directory.

So you can use PSP or The Gimp to modified glass_CV.dds and solve your problem:
- backup the glass_CV.dds file
- with DXT2Bmp ou ImageTool convert this file in BMP (24bits)
- modify the opacity caracteristic of this file (75%) and save it (24 bits)
- convert this new BMP to DDS (DXT3) and enjoy !

I will publish a v1.5 with two glass_CV.dds file: this one and another more clean for all convenience.
Another 3D model will be joined: a Texas Taildragger with a 160 cv and a US repaint !

Oops, Sorry I misspelled the name.

gray eagle
January 18th, 2014, 13:25
Very good suggestions !

For the next Texas Taildragger, I have choose the modele described on this site : http://www.toandos.com/DC152.html

2884 2885

I like the blue and white paint. Very Nice choice. :applause:

ThinkingManNeil
January 18th, 2014, 17:51
I am positively delighted, Msr. Lagraffe, with news of the Texas Taildragger. I've long been a fan of the airplane and thoroughly enjoyed J.E. Narcizo's version of it in FS2004, but I was frustrated that I couldn't import it into FSX. I truly look forward to your take on it.

It's a pity that Cessna didn't offer a tailwheel option on this little bird while it was still in production. I'm of the opinion that every fixed wing pilot - regardless of what they fly or why - should have some solid taildragger time in their logbooks - as well as aerobatic/unusual attitude training or, at the bare minimum, a healthy dose of stall and spin training - just to gain greater exposure to a variety of aircraft and to expand their airmanship knowledge base. The 150/152 series, especially the Aerobat versions, would've been ideal ab initio taildragger/aerobatic mounts for the task.

Mike Armin, who has written what is considered one of the definitive practical guides to the 150/152 and its care and feeding ("Owning, Buying, or Flying the Cessna 150/152: A handbook for owners, potential buyers, and student pilots", Mike Armin, Self published, 2004) says that one of the problems with the taildragger STC is the consistency and quality control of the conversions from aircraft to aircraft. Had Cessna offered it from the get-go, that likely wouldn't have been a problem...

N.

PS. I've picked some shots from the website of that particular 150T for wallpaper on my PC. The paint scheme is quite eye catching!

lagaffe
January 21st, 2014, 11:34
Hi,

I finally managed to find the texture of the Cessna "OH-CGL" ... it is present in the official paintkit of Fravin. Some additional modifications are needed to make it effective.
For the bug of ADF, I finally find the problem and a fix is ​​in progress. It will probably be delivered as a v1.5 release as soon as possible.

Lagaffe

TuFun
January 22nd, 2014, 19:48
Very good suggestions !

2884 2885

Very good choice... looking forward to this one! I'm curious thou, since this is an FSX model, can bumps and specs be added?

I've been working on a my personal ride of your 150, hence the C-TEDD for Ted.

This is a mockup of it currently! Fun aircraft to fly!!!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/22/kI4hT.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/22/AVXkw.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/01/22/c0Xnl.jpg

Firekitten
January 23rd, 2014, 01:43
Very good choice... looking forward to this one! I'm curious thou, since this is an FSX model, can bumps and specs be added?

I've been working on a my personal ride of your 150, hence the C-TEDD for Ted.

This is a mockup of it currently! Fun aircraft to fly!!!

When you say Curious, do you mean 'can I add bumps and specs by making the appropriate titled files' then no. If you mean can they add them? yes. I agree though, with them it would rock... I'll happily throw them up a set of bumps if they need them. This gorgeous plane deserves it!

Paul Anderson
January 23rd, 2014, 06:48
Below is a quote from the website: (looking better and better)

I am already working on a V2.0 is to take all advantages of the capabilities of FSX/P3D: the bumps and specular textures with also a "Damage mod" or a AccuSim light.

TuFun
January 23rd, 2014, 10:43
Thanks Firekitten and Paul... awaiting v.2 with bumps and specs.

monk1
January 23rd, 2014, 11:14
Below is a quote from the website: (looking better and better)

I am already working on a V2.0 is to take all advantages of the capabilities of FSX/P3D: the bumps and specular textures with also a "Damage mod" or a AccuSim light.

Excellent news, this model is so nice it deserves the attention.

lagaffe
January 23rd, 2014, 11:49
Hi,

Friends if mines are repainters and a very nice repaints are actually created:

3154 3155
You can see some repaints in progress from this page: http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?pid=623542#p623542 and the next ones.

The "Texas Taildragger" is also engaged:

Best regards, Lagaffe

Paul Anderson
January 29th, 2014, 12:11
Flying this plane almost all the time now, wonderful.
I realize you are busy putting the icing on the cake, but the cherry on top would be to have windshield rain effects.
Is that a possibility?

lagaffe
January 30th, 2014, 11:09
Hello Paul,

Unfortunately though FS2004 accepts the effects of rain on the windshield, FSX it does not natively allow.
Some commercial products have managed to simulate this effect but at the cost of many complexities.
I will study this but I do not have much hope.

The Texas Taildragger is in the works :
- adding the tailwheel
- moving the main gear forward
- adding safety harness for the driver and passenger
- modified engine to get 160 HP
- repaint N557TH model for the U.S. Army

Lagaffe :jump:

Marvin Carter
January 30th, 2014, 12:04
Sweet, looks great!!!

lagaffe
February 2nd, 2014, 10:47
Hello,

As promised I ham working on the new release v1.5
Compared to the first specification, the objectives have been reviewed, it will include two major patches, structural changes to have a conventional train, additions at the textures and a new engine.

Adding Damage mode has been postponed and will be part of the release v2.0 .

Back to v1.5 which this has started. Today , progress is as follows:

a) the correction of the ADF needle not working .................................................. .............. 100 %
b) facilitation of the rudder rods that were anything in exterior view ........................................ 30 %
c ) modification of the process to turn it into Texas Taildragger .............................................. 70 %
d) modifying pilot & co - pilot harness .................................................. .............................. 50 %
e ) adding improved textures normal maps among others .................................................. ..... 50 %
f) a new file to get the air engine 100HP to 150HP = D .................................................. ......... x %

Last week , the front was advanced to the amounts of the wings and the tailwheel was completely modeled , there is however to "map" tailwheel and animate springs that dampen the rotational movement of the wheel.

Today, the emphasis has been on creating normal maps they are added to the existing textures and setting Gmax parameters to achieve the desired effect. The tutorial had prepared David W. was used and was successful .
Currently , two textures were processed normal maps the fuselage and the wings.
The BUMP parameter used in Gmax was increased first to 100% then scaled 80% otherwise the effect is too strong and too much reflection.

An another file GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds , has been added at the same time. It adds reflection effects of the environment on the textures look great = W thank you to him.

Here the Australian texture from Greenhopper, expected effects :

And an American repaint of Nastybeats :
BUMP Parameter to 100%

BUMP Parameter to 80%

I think also work indoors in normal maps at least the dashboard and the background instruments .

jschall
February 2nd, 2014, 14:11
Looking good!

Thanks for the update, Didier.

Roger
February 2nd, 2014, 14:26
Thanks for all your hard work Lagaffe!:ernaehrung004:

Lane Street
February 2nd, 2014, 19:01
This update is great news, lots of progress being made.

Can't wait for the taildragger and the bumps and specs.

I am not a modeler however I do not think the bumps maps should affect reflections like in the screen shots. You might want to look at the material blend properties.

Are you aware that some of the animations are broken in FSX?

The passenger seat back does not flip forward like it did in FS9, not that it is a major problem.

Also most of the popups like the check list are not working properly. The come up OK, then when you click on the X to close them nothing happens, at least for me.

This might be a DX10 problem, I haven't tested it in DX9.

cheers,
Lane

I just checked in DX9 and still don't have working click spot on the popups. I get the pointer when I hover the cursor over them. Clicking on them does nothing.

lagaffe
February 3rd, 2014, 10:56
@Lane street:

I have write some explications about the checklist on my french forum and perhaps I forgot to translate them here.

Checklist tablet manual :
There has logic to use. Indeed, in the code of this checklist tablet somes conditions are tested and if they are not satisfied checkmarks are not operable !
This was programmed in response to requests of beta test.

1) to have no concern initialization , start your flight in choosing an airport , any airplane type Cessna 172 and a start " cold & dark" (ignition , power off, etc ...) if worries in perspective .
2 ) change your flight for the C150 and all variables used whith this aircraft are initialized so this will allow the tablet to be properly positioned .
By following this procedure, I have no more bizarre behavior ... which are the fact of FSX and not from this aircraft !

Engine stopped and the ground on the earth:
1) it is possible to choose to have the pilot and his instructor. If not and if the engine is started, it must be stopped (CTRL + SHIFT + F1) to be able to completely select pilot and/or instructor .
2 ) you can remove wheel chock and pitot cover which engages the parking brake (seen arm when moving in the VC) .
3) passing through the VC, we made ​​the yokes away and locks
- The fuel supply if the lever is OFF ( like it would be good to position OFF to init)
- Switch the alternator
- The battery switch = > blocking this driver yoke removes
- The various switches on lighting from left to right ...
- The key is turned to START
- The engine starts
- The gas is increased then releases the brake and go .

The seat can be tilted (in flight or stopped) if you did not request the display of the copilot !!!
When the seat was moved, the officer may not appear even with the engine stopped and even the ground ( I would look at that later ). The variable assigned to the seat does not return to zero when it is completely flap and copilot / test seat fails.

Using GPS :
1 - Click on the mirror
2 - Click on the miniature GPS antenna
3 - The GPS 2D panel appears

All animations programmed have been tested by more than 20 persons, in FSX-SP2, FSXA, under DX9 and DX10 without problems .... if the user take in account theses few advices.

Sorry for forgetting to translate these few lines what I have written after the release of the Cessna in order to answer to some French questions.

jschall
February 19th, 2014, 12:02
Didier/Lagaffe last updated this thread on Feb 2nd.

For those who have not been following his posts on http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=60016&p=2, I thought I would add these highlights from his latest posts:

Final straight for version 1.5:

<ins style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15.399999618530273px; background-color: rgb(228, 234, 242);">Tricycle gear version:</ins>
- normal maps textures applied inside and out
- ADF revised and corrected
- Elevator linkages corrected. They don't fly around like before.
- the main wheels' animation corrected so they move when the wheel-pants are removed.

Tail-dragger version:
- normal maps textures applied inside and out
- ADF revised and corrected
- Elevator linkages corrected. They don't fly around like before.
- the main wheels' animation corrected so they move when the wheel-pants are removed.
- tail-wheel mapped and animated, including the springs that support it when it moves.
- still have to make the glass less opaque, and update the documents from my last notes, and choose a release date for V. 1.5.

For the Texas Taildragger: I intend to release a separate model based on the Aerobat.
Here are the main improvements - just to whet your appetite.
- the overhead windows will be modeled
- the clock will be replaced by a working G-meter
- two red handles to permit the ejection of the windows and doors (being studied)
- safety belts replaced by acrobatic harnesses
- wheels replaced by 29" bush tires (A bush version is on my workbench)
- doors re-done with windows in the bottom to better view the ground during bush landings
A float version is planned for the Texas Taildragger.

Didier is also attempting to make things shake - like the exhaust pipes, and even the VC instrument needles!

Une version amphibie est aussi prévue pour ce Texas Taildragger:

ce_zeta
February 19th, 2014, 12:39
Thank you for the info!

Killbilly
February 19th, 2014, 13:12
I can hardly wait for that taildragger version! Thanks for the update.

Snurdley
February 19th, 2014, 14:50
A repaint from the FS9 version with several regs at flightsim.com:

c150td2.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=116324)

doublecool
February 20th, 2014, 15:42
This is one of the 2014 freewares to watch
really doing a wonderful job...
Plus I like the udates and seeing it take shape
Thanks you the lastest... She is l:jump::jump:king fine

lagaffe
March 2nd, 2014, 09:47
Hi,

2014/03/02 - Cessna C-FRFT is fairly advanced.
The front gears was positioned and tundra tires were mounted. The passenger doors will received some windows to improve bush landing.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/03/02/WJtLs.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/03/02/rCEZg.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/03/02/vHIZK.jpg

I am working to achieve it and make a second release of Cessna 150 before the end of the month.

racartron
March 2nd, 2014, 09:55
Beautiful work!!

lagaffe
March 2nd, 2014, 10:15
It is with great pleasure that I take this compliment!:lemo:

ThinkingManNeil
March 2nd, 2014, 11:07
That looks absolutely terrific lagaffe! REALLY looking forward to this little machine. The observer doors are a nice touch; highly desired on real life Cessna 150/152's but rare as hen's teeth. First rate work!

N.

Roger
March 2nd, 2014, 12:25
Excellent! Great work lagaffe:applause:

Marvin Carter
March 2nd, 2014, 14:33
Wow, wow, wow!!!!

Killbilly
March 2nd, 2014, 15:20
VERY pretty! Nice, nice work.

jschall
March 3rd, 2014, 13:27
Landed on a strip of beach in Northern Québec, time for a picnic:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/927428IMG9490.jpg (http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/927428IMG9490.jpg)

ThinkingManNeil
March 3rd, 2014, 17:40
I remember that aircraft being up for sale a couple of years ago. With those mid-span wing fences I'm guessing it employs a Horton STOL kit.

Some video of her at St. Hyacinthe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d4ZbDOUEeY

N.

lagaffe
April 24th, 2014, 07:01
Hi,

For people who are interested: taildragger and bush version are always in developement.
You can see last screenshots on the french forum where my works is detailled: http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?pid=647983#p647983

I think what the release will be very soon :wiggle:

ThinkingManNeil
April 24th, 2014, 12:09
REALLY looking forward to the TD 150 as you do such superb work, lagaffe; Christmas is gonna come early!

N.

Sascha66
May 20th, 2014, 13:44

I cannot open the English page, could you be so kind as to post a direct download link to those repaints? Thanks a lot!

Best wishes,
Sascha

doublecool
May 20th, 2014, 15:17
!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :banghead:

thought the v1.5 with the tail dragger and brushy was out :jump:

ak416
May 20th, 2014, 15:57
!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :banghead:

thought the v1.5 with the tail dragger and brushy was out :jump:
Me too, I was quite excited! :wiggle:

Killbilly
May 21st, 2014, 11:36
Me, too! I've been checking here often to see if this thread got bumped up with a release! Ah, well. Back to waiting.

lagaffe
May 23rd, 2014, 09:30
Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that the Frenchvfr site was hacked Thursday, May 22.
For now the site is unreachable and FTP does not work.
However, this site is regularly backed up I think that by June the situation will be restored and the download section will be open.

Thank you for your patience.
Lagaffe.

ThinkingManNeil
May 23rd, 2014, 12:34
Hello,

However, this site is regularly backed up I think that by June the situation will be restored and the download section will be open.

Lagaffe.

Sorry to hear that Didier. There's a special place reserved in Hell for hackers where they give unpeeled, whole pineapple enemas - leafy end first. You do superb work, monsieur, so I hope they didn't do to much damage.

Looking forward to the 150TD; I know it'll be great.

N.

Sascha66
May 30th, 2014, 06:24
Hello,

Lagaffe.

Thank YOU for developing these little wonders. They are a joy to look at and to fly!

Sascha

manfredc3
May 30th, 2014, 22:03
The website seems to be back up and running.

I was able to get to the site and download this great piece of freeware artwork with no problems.

Killbilly
June 20th, 2014, 19:12
Does anyone know if the taildragger is still in the works? I'd love to jump some bush in that little beauty. :wiggle:

jschall
June 21st, 2014, 05:57
Does anyone know if the taildragger is still in the works? I'd love to jump some bush in that little beauty. :wiggle:

Yes, it's still in the works, but very slow...
http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=60016&p=25

Killbilly
June 21st, 2014, 09:09
Thanks! Slow is fine. I'm just glad it's still in pipeline. She looks great.

lagaffe
June 22nd, 2014, 11:48
Some news of this project in ONE screenshot:

The release is soon ... :jump:

TuFun
June 22nd, 2014, 11:59
I've been watching over at the French site, very impressive work!

Roger
June 22nd, 2014, 12:12
Some news of this project in ONE screenshot:

The release is soon ... :jump:

Love the floats version!

Killbilly
June 22nd, 2014, 13:51
A float version! What a nice surprise addition. Thanks for the shot.

TuFun
July 19th, 2014, 18:07
Check out this really cool paint job at http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?pid=668158#p668158

I've been fly the C-150 P3Dv2.2...

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/07/19/af8xK.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/07/19/Vmu7a.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/07/19/IJXj0.jpg

Full Moon shot, which cast shadows...

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/07/19/wzD9r.jpg

Roger
July 20th, 2014, 04:38
Thanks for the hu Ted!

gray eagle
July 20th, 2014, 05:52
They do have some nice aircraft, I used a web translator and went to their site, to no avail did I find a download section. Do they require registration first?

I was looking for d/l links but did not find any.

ThinkingManNeil
July 20th, 2014, 06:05
They do have some nice aircraft, I used a web translator and went to their site, to no avail did I find a download section. Do they require registration first?

I was looking for d/l links but did not find any.

Try this... (http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en)

I believe Msr Lagaffe is still working away on the C-150TD with his usual consummate skill, aplomb, and dedication, but is finding some aspects of it slow going (the float version is a real bonus to the "stock" taildragger and tundra versions). I know we'll all be very pleased with his gift to the community when he's got it just the way he wants it...

N.

doublecool
July 20th, 2014, 06:10
On the French Forum site address posted there are lots of paintd for the tundra version... was it released? also a quote from lagaffe stated soon on the floats vers... did we miss the release some how? :applause::applause::applause:

gray eagle
July 20th, 2014, 06:59
Try this... (http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en)

I believe Msr Lagaffe is still working away on the C-150TD with his usual consummate skill, aplomb, and dedication, but is finding some aspects of it slow going (the float version is a real bonus to the "stock" taildragger and tundra versions). I know we'll all be very pleased with his gift to the community when he's got it just the way he wants it...

N.

Thanks.:adoration:

gray eagle
July 20th, 2014, 09:18
Nice little plane. I wonder what type engine this A/C used? The sounds are unique; not sure what aircraft engine they came from.

http://i59.tinypic.com/10r8rdc.jpg

lagaffe
July 23rd, 2014, 03:50
Hi,

Yesterday, we begin to write all documentations necessary to use the 'TiBush ... so I think that the 'TiBush release will be for the next days ...

First, I will release th 'TiBush version and after some day, I will propose an upgrade version for the Trainer an Taildragger versions.
The Float plane will be release after that ... before 2014 September.

Thanks you very much for your attention to my project.

ThinkingManNeil
July 23rd, 2014, 05:07
Genuinely looking forward to it, Didier, especially the "stock" C-150 taildragger. Been a fan of the Texas Taildragger for many years; just think it's a very smart looking two-seater. The Rancho JEN version in FS9 was a favourite of mine - as was your tricycle gear 150, which I think is beautifully modeled - so I know this one's gonna be a treat.

Thanks in advance for all your hard work,

N.

Killbilly
July 23rd, 2014, 06:01
Hi,

Yesterday, we begin to write all documentations necessary to use the 'TiBush ... so I think that the 'TiBush release will be for the next days ...

First, I will release th 'TiBush version and after some day, I will propose an upgrade version for the Trainer an Taildragger versions.
The Float plane will be release after that ... before 2014 September.

Thanks you very much for your attention to my project.

Fantastic news. Thank you for your hard work, expertise, and generosity. I'm looking forward to getting her up in the air.

lagaffe
July 27th, 2014, 13:26
Hello,

I have the great pleasure to annonce you that the pre-version has been release this week so I think that the definitive version should be deliveref very soon :jump:

@+ Lagaffe

Rudyjo
July 27th, 2014, 16:21
Hello,

I have the great pleasure to annonce you that the pre-version has been release this week so I think that the definitive version should be deliveref very soon :jump:

@+ Lagaffe

Great news. Is there any chance that it can be downloaded here at SOH rather than going through the French website?

lagaffe
July 28th, 2014, 00:10
Great news. Is there any chance that it can be downloaded here at SOH rather than going through the French website?

Hello Rudyjo,

I can not agree with this question. I understand that for you, it would be easier but I do not agree.
What for:
- I do a lot of work on my website to promote it and our jobs (Bede40, my friends and me)
- It is available in French and especially in English, almost all of my pages are translated into English.

Most U.S. add-ons come with only documentation in English, while French-VFR productions contain systematically two versions of the documentation.

It is for all these reasons that I insists that this production is French. I didn't stop and continue to have very good relations with sites like SOH OZX, Orbx, FlightSim ... but you understand easily that I prefer to promote my work and French creations :wavey:

Firekitten
July 28th, 2014, 02:47
I understand where lagaffe is coming from... its a lot of hard work, and people just want convinience... we only released our Navion here, and had many people asking for it on fs.com, avsim, etc, but then its out of your control.... so I get it.

PS, Lagaffe, did you say a pre release was up for the v2? would you mind pointing me towards it? Merci!

lagaffe
August 1st, 2014, 13:06
Cessna 150-K 'Ti Bush:

French-VFR has the honor to present a special variation of the Cessna 150 delivered during 2013 Christmas. This aircraft is actually an existing plane which flies past few years over Quebec. Formerly Tail Dragger, this aircraft has changed significantly over the years through its various owners to finally get this "Bush plane" configuration which a 150 hp!

This achievement was made possible through the collaboration of a few friends who have fallen in love with this small plane and its orange dress and with also the participation of the current owner to whom we dedicate this modest 3D modeling.

This plane has the distinction of being supplied with a Damage Mod somewhat like a AccuSim for you to live with more intensity flights you will do with him.

Lagaffe and his friends http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/inc/img/smileys/cool.gif

This version has been tested on FSX DirectX10 and Prepar3D v2.2.

WARNING : You don't need to be registred on French-VFR.
The download is protected against hotlink: username is micro, password is simulation. It's necessary to respect uppercases and lowercas when they are present.

A repaint pack is preview to be released ... let's us take some weeks :wavey:

ak416
August 1st, 2014, 13:53
Can't tell you how excited I am. Thanks lagaffe! :applause:

PS. Perhaps you should make a new thread announcing release, it might draw more attention that way and maybe even get stickied!

Roger
August 1st, 2014, 14:21
...and here she is

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/08/01/jGxc.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/08/01/YLT5P.jpg

ak416
August 1st, 2014, 15:16
working as advertised :D

http://i.imgur.com/o9tZhiU.jpg

Reddog
August 1st, 2014, 15:45
How do I get this beaut!! IN the release thread I thought I got to there site blut couldn't find a download page.

ak416
August 1st, 2014, 15:48
How do I get this beaut!! IN the release thread I thought I got to there site blut couldn't find a download page.
Click here http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en

Then click "Aircraft FSX/P3D" and then "Cessna 150-K 'TiBush of Lagaffe" :jump:

Rudyjo
August 1st, 2014, 16:56
Lagaffe; Thank you. Like most people I didn't read the information and had an engine fire before making my first landing.
The download went with no problems, just follow the instructions.
Is there an instrument light switch somewhere on the panel or is there just the overhead light?

Looking forward to some repaints!

Naki
August 1st, 2014, 17:08
Looks great but can't down load it. :banghead:Tried to register as a member and I just go around in circles. Edit I seem to be now registered as a member but still cant download it as it doesn't accept my member credentials

Rudyjo
August 1st, 2014, 17:14
Looks great but can't down load it. :banghead:Tried to register as a member and I just go around in circles

As Lagaffe mentions in the recent thread, there is no need to register at the site.

Naki
August 1st, 2014, 17:28
Ok thanks...I must be blind as I missed a line on the page...having other problems now but that relates to my connection I think

mikew
August 1st, 2014, 18:06
This is a beautiful aircraft... Thanks so much!

Mike

Marvin Carter
August 1st, 2014, 21:45
Thanks lagaffe!!!

Roger
August 2nd, 2014, 03:30
If I could work out how to cut all posts after 124 and post them again as a new thread, I'd stickie it.

doublecool
August 2nd, 2014, 03:36
Thanks lagaffe, :applause::applause::applause:

Stickie anyway!

lagaffe
August 2nd, 2014, 04:00
Hello Roger,

I have open a new thread as asked: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?88844-A-new-Cessna-150-K-Ti-Bush-is-released-on-French-VFR&p=898248#post898248

You could manage as you want (as administrator)

Lane Street
September 10th, 2016, 11:15
I know this is an "oldy but goody" yet I am curious if the C150L with the fixed ADF was ever, or will ever be, released?

cheers,
Lane

lagaffe
September 11th, 2016, 02:22
Hi,

Yes the ADF will be solved and a version 2.0 is ready to be publish.
I was also developing a little French scenery LAON - LFA what I wanted to released for a friend: it's finish http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=fr&pg=652&tconfig=0

So the C 150 v2.0 will be released as soon as possible.

Lagaffe

Lane Street
September 11th, 2016, 08:55
Excellent news, thank you.

cheers,
Lane