PDA

View Full Version : More Sky Shark

PutPut
January 9th, 2014, 13:39
Work continues on the A2D-1 Sky Shark. I said in the last update that I had installed the ARS4 radar system. I have had a lot of fun with it; it works exactly as advertised. This is my first radar installation and it won't be the last. It is installed in the VC. The controls are on the left side pilot console. I found them a little small for my taste so I have included both the radar and controls in a larger pop-up window. I was going to say it was closer than the famous "soon" when I realized the canopy is for the prototype rather than the production version ( I am modeling the A2D-1) and the rear landing gear covers are not shaped correctly. That's life! Back to the drawing board!

Best, Paul

2470 2471 2472

Sundog
January 9th, 2014, 15:04
It's looking great Paul. Nice work on the RADAR. Thanks for the preview and the update.

gecko65
January 9th, 2014, 19:01
Well this is a cool looking dude. Nice work.

Paul Domingue
January 10th, 2014, 16:16
Hey Paul, looking good! Going with 3d gauges? Let me know if you are.

OleBoy
January 10th, 2014, 17:30
Well this is a cool looking dude. Nice work.

Ha, dude. I can't help but to laugh at that.

Keep at it Paul. I need schooling mastah!:encouragement:

PutPut
January 10th, 2014, 17:47
I am flattered to be a "dude" at 81!:jump::jump:

Paul

OleBoy
January 10th, 2014, 17:57
Nice stuff, dude:biggrin-new:

PutPut
January 10th, 2014, 17:58
Hey Paul, looking good! Going with 3d gauges? Let me know if you are.

This project will not have 3d gauges. However, it will be my last one without at least some. In addition to learning to model in gmax, I am doing some simple 3d stuff to see if I can get the hang of them. You will hear from me when I hit the HELP! level.
BTW, I finally figured out why I would lose patience with gmax and go running back to FSDS in the past. Almost everything I did in FSDS at least started out in the Cross-section mode. There is no similar Cross-section mode in gmax.

Best, The Other Paul:dizzy::dizzy:

gecko65
January 11th, 2014, 15:00
Ha, dude. I can't help but to laugh at that.

I am flattered to be a "dude" at 81!:jump::jump:

Paul

Nice stuff, dude:biggrin-new:

Well, I was referring to the plane . . . :redface-new: