PDA

View Full Version : Martlet Mk. II and IV repaints by Bub!

bub
January 7th, 2014, 13:21
Hi All,
About half way done on this one. This should run the course on these Wildcats. This skin will replace the one in my downloads.
This repaint represents a Martlet Mk. II, AJ132, B-A. of 881 Squadron aboard the HMS Illustrious in the Indian Ocean March 1942. If I can get some free time this week I'll get the other side done and uploaded. As far as I can tell, these colors are correct for this aircraft. They were painted at the Grumman factory prior to delivery and the markings applied later. These are the US equivalents to the British colors. Thanks in advance for your patience.
Bub

Rami
January 7th, 2014, 13:37
Bub,

Nice work, my friend. Keep it up! :applause:

bub
January 7th, 2014, 13:40
Thanks Rami,
When this is done, if you would be so kind, please remove the old one as this will replace it.
Thanks again,
Bub

kelticheart
January 8th, 2014, 00:27
BE-A-U-TI-FUL!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you!
KH :ernaehrung004:

UncleTgt
January 8th, 2014, 00:51
Thanks Bub, interesting choice of repaint, like it!:monkies::icon29::medals:

misson
January 8th, 2014, 05:31
Thank u Bub ! it will be welcome!
Btw , This plane was asigned to a single carrier . That skin refers only a that time? (march 42) in the Indian ocean? I wonder if this skin could be used in other sea?
Thank u
Cheers
Mario

gius
January 8th, 2014, 08:06
Congrats Bub,
nice skin!!

Talon
January 8th, 2014, 09:38
Excellent work Bub

bub
January 8th, 2014, 12:59
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.
Mission, also on this Martlet, The Squadron supported the landings on Madagascar and the capture of Diego Suarez in May 1942. They stayed on the island for 2 months afterward. I didn't research after that so I'm not sure where they ended up. Maybe I'll put a set of skins in with no letters or numbers. That way you can use them anywhere.
Unc T, I held off on this one as I didn't want to "step on your toes" with all the new British stuff you just uploaded. Which looks great by the way. But, I figured this would finish off the Wildcats I'm doing, unless something else comes up. Its kind of like the next pair of socks in the drawer, you never know if you have the pair with a hole in them.
Thanks again, guys,
Bub

misson
January 8th, 2014, 13:41
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.
Mission, also on this Martlet, The Squadron supported the landings on Madagascar and the capture of Diego Suarez in May 1942. They stayed on the island for 2 months afterward. I didn't research after that so I'm not sure where they ended up. Maybe I'll put a set of skins in with no letters or numbers. That way you can use them anywhere.

Bub Thank you Bub! I really apreciate your offer ! please do it as you think the skin must be done, you are sharing.
Cheers
Mario

hewman100
January 9th, 2014, 00:31
881 Sqn returned to the UK in early 1943. Part of the squadron was attached to Furious 6-9 July 1943 for invasion simulation on Norway. Re-equipped with Wildcat Vs in Aug '43 and then embarked on Pursuer.
Took part in the Tirpitz attack in April 1944 before re-equipment with Wildcat VIs.
Went to Med aboard Pursuer and participated in Operation 'Dragoon' and then operations in the Aegean Sea. Returned to operations off Norway switching between Pursuer, Trumpeter and Premier.
Rejoined Pursuer in Capetown during March 1945 and was working up on Hellcat IIs in preparation to joining BPF when the war ended

UncleTgt
January 9th, 2014, 00:38
Hi Bub,

No worries - I'm concentrating on BPF a/c (Hellcats, Corsairs, Fireflies & Avengers), the Home Fleet skins were just "collateral damage". You know how it is - work up a template, you can't pass up the chance, can you?:a1310:

bub
January 9th, 2014, 04:20
Hi All,
I found this one in a file it wasn't supposed to be in. So, I'll upload this one also. Its from Malta. It will be as is. I'm not going to change anything on it. So you get what you get. LOL Its been so long I don't even remember when I re-did this version.

Mario,
I'll include a "blank" set of textures so you, and anyone else, can use them in other applications. Its no big deal and I don't mind doing it.

Hewman,
Nice to hear from you. Very interesting history. Thanks for taking the time.

Unc,
As you can see and I agree, sometimes its hard to stop.

Again, thanks everyone,
Bub

kdriver
January 9th, 2014, 07:32
Hi Bub,

You're doing a great job with the Wildcats/Martlets - thanks very much.

That last one based on Malta was re-uploaded by me last year.

Cheers,

Kevin

bub
January 9th, 2014, 11:44
Kevin,
I guess I forgot about that. I must have done the Malta one over as a replacement and it fell into the "black hole" of lost files. When I finish the B-A Martlet I'll have Rami replace them both. A new paint job makes the "old girl" look pretty again. And, thanks for re-uploading them. I thought all those were gone.
Bub

bub
January 21st, 2014, 11:34
Hi All,
Sorry for the delay on these. Got a little jammed up. Anyway, here's the Madagascar/Indian Ocean Martlet Mk. II. I'll get it packaged up and uploaded soon.
Thanks,
Bub

bub
January 22nd, 2014, 07:27
Hi All,
Just uploaded the Marlet Mk. II. Make sure you read the ReadMe as there are some different droptanks and pilot. I forgot to include the unlettered/numbered textures . I'll put them in the Malta Martlet when I upload them. Thanks to those whose work I "borrowed" to complete this. Without them this would not have come together.
Bub

bub
January 22nd, 2014, 08:11
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/535013904073878489.JPG
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: Hi All,

This repaint represents a Martlet Mk. II, AJ132, B-A. of 881 Squadron aboard the HMS Illustrious in the Indian Ocean March 1942. These textures are for the OH F4F Wildcat by the B24 Guy. Please read the ReadMe as there are some extras included.

Thanks and have fun,

Bub

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Martlet Mk. II_Madagascar.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18045&catid=58)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

kelticheart
January 23rd, 2014, 01:20
SPLENDID!

:encouragement: :encouragement: :encouragement:

THANK YOU!
KH :ernaehrung004:

bub
January 24th, 2014, 13:12
Hi all,
Here's the one from Malta. This one represents a Martlet Mk.IV, FN148, "9C.0" of No.893 Naval Air Squadron, Qrendi, Malta, 1943. This Marlet is different as it had the stylized "O" and the 893 NAS badge added on the fin flash.
I'll remember, this time, to include the "blank" textures, no numbers or lettering. This way you can use them for any other Martlet application you want. As long as I'm not too busy this weekend, I'll get them uploaded.
Thanks,
Bub

misson
January 24th, 2014, 13:45
Hi all,
Here's the one from Malta. This one represents a Martlet Mk.IV, FN148, "9C.0" of No.893 Naval Air Squadron, Qrendi, Malta, 1943. This Marlet is different as it had the stylized "O" and the 893 NAS badge added on the fin flash.
I'll remember, this time, to include the "blank" textures, no numbers or lettering. This way you can use them for any other Martlet application you want. As long as I'm not too busy this weekend, I'll get them uploaded.
Thanks,
Bub Thank you very much Bub , i really want it and need it!

bub
January 25th, 2014, 13:12
Hi All,
Just uploaded the Malta Martlet. I left the extra set of "blank" textures as bmp's. You'll have to convert them to the format of your choice. Thanks again for all of the support you've shown for these Wildcat/Martlets textures. I appreciate it very much.
Bub
:wavey:

bub
January 25th, 2014, 13:22
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/471013906868513933.JPG
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: Hi All,

This repaint represents a Martlet Mk.IV, FN148, "9C.0" of No.893 Naval Air Squadron, Qrendi, Malta, 1943.

This Marlet is different as it had the stylized "O" and the 893 NAS badge superimposed on the fin flash.

These textures are for the B24 Guys OH F4F-4 Wildcat. There is an extra set of "blank" textures included.

No lettering or numbers.

Thanks and have fun,
Bub

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Martlet Mk. IV_Malta.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18072&catid=58)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
January 25th, 2014, 13:36
Bub,

Thank you for this, I was not aware they had Martlet's on Malta during 1943. Well done! :wiggle: