PDA

View Full Version : Avro 626

fde_bressy
January 7th, 2014, 04:50
Together with the Tutor repaints, I could not resist to add some new texture for Avro 626, which was the export version of the British Tutor, built with a third cockpit, equipped with a Scarff ring and a rear-facing machine gun.
I sent a mail to E. Cook, asking him wether it was planned to produce also this version, but had no answer.
Mabe a wrong mail adress, so if anyboy has a working link with him, please just inform me.
A possibility could be that one of our "gurus" could build a DP file integrating a Scarff mount + MG as payload...
The repaints in this package are convenient for the actual Tutor, even if they are not historically 100% correct.
The package is made of 6 new versions:

a Belgian Trainer in 1940

a Brasilian model

a Lithuanian and an Estonian version

a Royal Egyptian Air Force used for training and border patrol missions during WW II

and a New-Zealand repaint, as displayd in the RNZAF museum.

Just have fun, and hope E. Coook will produced a modified version to fit with my repaints.
François

misson
January 7th, 2014, 06:35
Hi François! Is a wonderfull model, but i coul couldnt make it work the elevators and ailerons. Did u a conversion with sucess?
Cheers
Mario

Blood_Hawk23
January 7th, 2014, 08:09
Hi François! Is a wonderfull model, but i coul couldnt make it work the elevators and ailerons. Did u a conversion with sucess?
Cheers
Mario

I've been wanting to do this for a few other planes.

I have a Lewis gun with the ring that I exported from Google Sketchup. I just have to export it and make it a BGL. I could ask Allen if We could use the one he made which has a lower poly count then mine.

The flight control will need to be scasm edited. It happens on some models. I'm not sure how to do this though.

kikas
January 7th, 2014, 08:44
Thank you very much François, i have nice place reserved for Lithuanian and Estonian Avro's in my FS2004 hangar