PDA

View Full Version : Real Weather!

PRB
January 5th, 2014, 11:25
Decided to fire up FSX and "FSRealWXlite" to see if it was anything close to what I was looking at outside. Yup, that's about right!

falcon409
January 5th, 2014, 11:59
Paul, I've been testing it with P3D Ver2 and it seems to be working fine, but it also wants to introduce a fog layer at ground level that shows up no matter where I fly to. Decent down to a couple thousand feet and then 0/0 down to landing. I guess i should select several areas around the country with various weather conditions, set up flights into those areas and see what develops. I'm sure not every airport in the country is experiencing the exact same weather pattern, lol.

PRB
January 5th, 2014, 12:57
Rgr Ed. This was just a reference to the blizzard we're getting here today (IRL). And me, I haven't needed serious winter weather gear since I left Maine, but we're getting wind chills below zero and I have 12" of drifted snow across my driveway! I'm warming up now, then back at it.

Skyhawk_310R
January 5th, 2014, 13:56
Decided to fire up FSX and "FSRealWXlite" to see if it was anything close to what I was looking at outside. Yup, that's about right!

Let me be the first to say, stay on the ground!!! LOL!!

Ken

srgalahad
January 5th, 2014, 17:31
Let me be the first to say, stay on the ground!!! LOL!!

Ken

and even be careful there... Delta slid one off the runway at JFK today. It was bad enough to close the whole place due to extreme slippery conditions.
A slip and fall will be injurious to one's health!

PRB
January 5th, 2014, 17:47
Yup, it's nasty out there. Done clearing snow for tonight. Wind is blowing it all over the place now! :santahat:

fliger747
January 7th, 2014, 10:28
Much nicer in Alaska....

cheers. Tom