PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Sim-Outhouse.

HundertzehnGustav
January 5th, 2014, 01:15
Recently i have more time to Think, and Reflect upon my Past.

The Reason is clear - a new Position as an IT Analyst awaits me.
In the meantime, i sit at home and prepare for that daunting Mission.
...and reinstall CFS3 for old times sake.

An "age Poll" over at sas1946.com has made me aware that the Outhouse was the First Forum i had seen, Joined and Participated on, just over the Fence of the legal age of 18.
Back then i was still in training as a Maintenance Mechanic, my English was raw, and my typing was even worse than it still is to this day.
CFS3 was my first love, i bought it even before i got my first PC, a P4 2.0 256mb 64mb video, 120GB HDD no-name Machine.

I remember 911. I remember the tensions. I remember the Profanity i spewed, and i remember the lines i crossed, time and again.
I remember the Bar brawls, the mental Fists that flew and the salvos of low Blows - both given and taken.
I also remember the Help i got, in stuff like making the difference between File and Folder - Copy and Paste, Vmem, RAM and HDD problem solving.

For these Memories, i would like to thank the Sim-Outhouse, all its current and Past Members.
I would like to thank Ickie and Canelo-Kid, and those on their Sides when this started. You guys laid the Foundation of what helped me, in Part, become who i am today.
I would like to thank Douglas - his administration of the Downloads, before anything like Rapidshare ever existed, has provided me with my Drugs.

I would like to thank Henry - i know you aren't around much any more, health and all that.
You stood by my side in my post-pube battles, and held your hand over me on several occasions.
You showed me what it means to be patient, and to forgive.
Thank you.

I would like to thank Willy -
You too, albeit on the Brink of banning me, ground your Teeth, and defended my membership here,
despite all the bad vibes i generated.

Many Names i have forgotten.
but if you recognize mine from times past, be thanked for walking this stretch of the road with me.

Thank you all.

huub vink
January 5th, 2014, 01:31
Welcome back 110G.

Huub

stovall
January 5th, 2014, 05:54
Appreciate the walk down memory lane. We are a family.

HundertzehnGustav
January 5th, 2014, 07:03
Nice to see you two still hang around here.
tom, your spitfire repaints were some of my first "addons" i ever touched :)
fondly remembered!

stovall
January 5th, 2014, 07:09
Wow, now you are bringing back some history. I just reinstalled my WWII Shockwave BF-109E. Really like the paint Huub just put out. Thought it would be fun to fly her again especially with his new paint. Thanks again for the post, nice way to start another great year.

Ickie
January 5th, 2014, 08:59
boy do I have memories, I did the math and it comes to something like :jawdrop:66,666 hrs I have spent here at the end of the bar.

Canelo
January 5th, 2014, 17:14
You are most welcome, Thank you too! :victorious:

TARPSBird
January 5th, 2014, 20:19
110G, Welcome Back! :wavey:

hairyspin
January 7th, 2014, 02:51
Good to hear from you again Hzg, some of us cfs3 nuts are still around and modding away. All the best with the new career and drop by the forum sometime!

HundertzehnGustav
January 8th, 2014, 08:32
Sure!
Boy do the old ladies look... old now...
compared to CloD and WT and Battle for stalingrad coming up soon...

Interesting to see that IL-2, in its modded state has taken on so many scenarios,
that even the moddeable cfs series with SDK support and all never managed to cover so much stuff- maps covering the Planet from north to south and planes from 1914 up to 1986, Carrier ops,
simple hand held AAA machine Guns to Radar or IR guided AA missiles.

But CFS3 was intense times for sure, and my preferences for props and 20mikemikes have stayed, so CFS3 still has a place in my Systems.

SixGhost
January 8th, 2014, 08:44
Ha!! Look who's around! Welcome back Bob!:wavey: