PDA

View Full Version : A very helpful UTILITY at a GREAT price!

OleBoy
January 4th, 2014, 10:57
For all those installing and uninstalling. Have you ever had an issue when you uninstalled FSX, Prepar3D, or any other program, that you wanted to re-install?

This is a great program. And now's the time to get it at %50 off. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?84571-Revo-Uninstaller-Pro&goto=newpost

Lionheart
January 4th, 2014, 20:05
Thanks for the heads up, OleBoy.

falcon409
January 4th, 2014, 22:24
Yep, got rid of some old FSGenesis stuff for FS9 that wouldn't go away, lol. Definitely a good price. Thanks for the HU.

OleBoy
January 5th, 2014, 08:35
The reason I posted this is due to seeing several posts referring to the uninstall of FSX and the troubles people were having in the process in their re-install. I experienced the same headaches numerous times where remnants of the previous install were scattered about. This made things time consuming to find where they were hiding so I could remove them. In most cases I resulted in formatting the "C" drive, and the sim drive. Of which I did not want to do! Two years ago while visiting a friend of mine, he showed me the power of this program, and the depth it went when un-installing a program. This program goes far beyond the stock process of the operating system.

My friend didn't convince me just by words alone. He showed me what it does hands-on. Being he's also into flight sim, he was at a point where he wanted a fresh install. Prior to my getting to his place he'd already backed up what he was going to drop back in place once he reinstalled. He started Revo and selected the FSX, MSIE.exe by right clicking, and chose uninstall. The steps this program went through are exactly the same as the videos on the Revo website. I was amazed at how far in-depth the traces went. He re-booted the pc, and the FSX disk was put in, and it installed without issues.

Since then, my uninstalling is done entirely with this program. Oh, there's a lot of other neat features that come in real handy directly through the same GUI. Some not as in-depth or automatic. IE; deleting cookies. I use Ccleaner for that.