PDA

View Full Version : An Outhouse Member passes

srgalahad
January 3rd, 2014, 19:20
Sadly, this is to report the passing of a member of the Sim-Outhouse community.

Richard Gail Duffy, aka "0ldduff"

died this peacefully morning (Jan. 3, 2014) after a lengthy illness.

Most of you would not have met Gail or seen his few posts but he was an avid supporter of our 'family' here. His interest, mostly flying GA and bush aircraft came from the days when he was hauled around the Canadian north in Beavers and Twin Otters while working as an engineer in the resource industry. After retirement he discovered he could indulge his love of aircraft by way of FS2004 and FSX and he put a lot of effort into becoming a better pilot.
We became friends after I became his employee in our post-retirement 'occupation' in the world of golf course operations. Eventually we discovered we shared an interest in Flight Sim - this came in handy as he understood when I'd be late for work with an explanation that "I was installing new joystick drivers and ran into problems..." :encouragement:
While he was reluctant to test his flying skills in the Round The World Race, he was a staunch supporter of the SOH Team and even when his health failed he kept up with the race on his bedside laptop.

Rest in peace, Gail :angel:

Rob

Dangerousdave26
January 3rd, 2014, 19:32
Its sad to see a member go but I am happy to have had the chance to have the memories.

Skyhawk_310R
January 3rd, 2014, 20:41
I do remember him. Life cannot last forever, but that does not ebb the pain of losing someone you know.

Rest in Peace!

Ken

Rami
January 4th, 2014, 03:18
Gail,

Rest in peace, and thank you for your contributions.

Sascha66
January 4th, 2014, 03:39
Best wishes to all!
Sascha

Panther_99FS
January 4th, 2014, 05:15
Obviously a member who preferred to fly rather than maintain rivets....
But he's got his Angel Wings now.....:engel016:

limjack
January 4th, 2014, 10:46
So good to know you two were able to share a freindship as well as the flight sim hobby together. May the good Lord watch over his family and may they find happiness in the memories of his life.

Jim

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
January 4th, 2014, 12:03
That's sad.

Godspeed, Richard.

PRB
January 4th, 2014, 14:46
I remember Oldduff's posts from time to time. RIP, shipmate.

TARPSBird
January 4th, 2014, 15:22
RIP Oldduff.

trucker17
January 4th, 2014, 15:24
Sad to hear of a member of our community passing....
Our heart felt condolences go out to his family.....

robert41
January 4th, 2014, 19:50
Sorry to hear of this.
May he RIP.