PDA

View Full Version : EZDOK Camera addon...WOW!!!!

Navy Chief
January 2nd, 2014, 18:55
I am almost embarrassed to admit I have had this addon for three years, and am just NOW
figuring out how to use it. The "wow" factor of this addon is, for me at least, off the charts!!!

It adds an entire dimension of realism to flight simulation that I never could believe. My TrackIR is in storage, or I would connect it to work alongside EZDOK, and truly get the full experience.

I am still trying to figure out how to get it installed in Prepar3DV2, but for now, I am having a blast with it
in FSX!!! Whoo hoo! NC:redfire:

adi518
January 2nd, 2014, 22:31
Yes... it's nice, but not worth the price anymore.

The developer is long gone and even when he was present, support was hard to get. He said he will release a version 2.0, but never did. I've seen some really frustrated responses from customers. There's a p3d exe which is beta.. world cameras don't work so p3d isn't officially supported either. In a nutshell, the price doesn't reflect the current status of the market. However, F1 seems reluctant to lower it as if it's still selling like mad on release day. Not even in the black-friday/christmas/new year sales.

I tried the opus demo lately and it's far better, support and development is nearly on daily basis. The only let down is the fact they laced it with their weather engine, which I don't find interest in. If they were wiser, they'd set it apart as a standalone app, and for the right price, I'd buy it in a jiffy.

gman5250
January 3rd, 2014, 07:56
It's pretty awesome in FSX, I would feel limited without it. Also works with limited functions in P3D2. Interior is fine but exterior can get weird.

I'm evaluating the Opus demo too. No interest in the weather engine either.
P3D has it's own remote viewing and cam platform but I haven't had time to work with that yet.

Navy Chief
January 3rd, 2014, 09:16
It's pretty awesome in FSX, I would feel limited without it. Also works with limited functions in P3D2. Interior is fine but exterior can get weird.

I'm evaluating the Opus demo too. No interest in the weather engine either.
P3D has it's own remote viewing and cam platform but I haven't had time to work with that yet.

I got a reply from Estonia, telling me to run P3DV2 in "Legacy" mode for installation of EZDOK into it?

Haven't attempted it yet though.......NC

gman5250
January 3rd, 2014, 09:26
I didn't install that method, I'll try it. Basically, the world cameras are a problem in V2 and some aircraft have anomalies with exterior cams. This should all smooth out as V2 releases new patches and the various payware devs come up to speed. V2 will just take some time.

I'm looking at TrackIr 5 to complete the experience.

I'm using CH controllers with pan on both the throttle and stick. If the stick hand is busy I can pan with the throttle hand. Floating cameras in EzDok with the pans are super nice. Two hands make it even more fun. Good for video.

Speaking of video, I did a DAK video for y'all as a Xmas present. Frickin' YouTube bumped it because of the music. Time Warner...figures.
I'll re-edit the music and put it up.

Navy Chief
January 3rd, 2014, 16:19
I didn't install that method, I'll try it. Basically, the world cameras are a problem in V2 and some aircraft have anomalies with exterior cams. This should all smooth out as V2 releases new patches and the various payware devs come up to speed. V2 will just take some time.

I'm looking at TrackIr 5 to complete the experience.

I'm using CH controllers with pan on both the throttle and stick. If the stick hand is busy I can pan with the throttle hand. Floating cameras in EzDok with the pans are super nice. Two hands make it even more fun. Good for video.

Speaking of video, I did a DAK video for y'all as a Xmas present. Frickin' YouTube bumped it because of the music. Time Warner...figures.
I'll re-edit the music and put it up.

Well, I got a response from Estonia. They said to follow these instructions:

LEGACY MODE
Flight Simulator X runs as process named fsx.exe and Prepar3D runs as Prepar3D.exe. This difference causes some addons to not find the simulator when they are started by Prepar3D. To overcome this limitation, Migration Tool allows starting Prepar3D in additional Legacy Mode, which has better support for older addons. To run Prepar3D in Legacy Mode, navigate to Start menu Programs list, then to Lockheed Martin and Prepar3D, and click on Prepar3D Legacy Mode.

The problem is, when I navigate to the Start menu, then to Lockheed Martin, and Prepar3D, there is NO Legacy Mode listed; only the normal .exe. So WTF?

NC

gman5250
January 3rd, 2014, 16:33
I just gave that a test run Chief. In normal mode there's no Legacy option. If you have Migrator Tool and enable virtual FSX the Legacy option shows up in the start menu.