PDA

View Full Version : 'Nother For The Tile Proxy Folks'

Panther_99FS
October 5th, 2008, 12:46
http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?p=1234291&posted=1#post1234291

falcon409
October 5th, 2008, 13:41
Spectacular. . .but. . .I've tried this program before and as simple as the ones who have it working make it sound. . .it is not. The one piece of information required to make this work is the one piece that seems to be considered the "Holy Grail" of flight sim utilities and that is "how to configure the program to use the server of choice". It is the stuff of which no one dare speak or publish lest they be banished. . .never to see the light of day ever again. Give me a break. . .publish the necessary lines as they should be written and get over it.. . .geeeze.:kilroy:

Ok, I feel better now, lol.

ananda
October 5th, 2008, 14:44
Why not use Maps2Bgl and create FSX scenery files directly? See the tutorial at:

http://www.aussiex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=525&hilit=maps2bgl

kilo delta
October 5th, 2008, 15:03
Why not use Maps2Bgl and create FSX scenery files directly? See the tutorial at:

http://www.aussiex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=525&hilit=maps2bgl

Exactly what i've been doing lately :)

Lionheart
October 5th, 2008, 15:17
Falcon,

Its done. They now have auto-setup INI files for both FS9 and FSX. Just drop one of those into your main TileProxy folder and you are good to go. It should start running automatically.

Download version 7, that is the latest. Download the INI files also, (seperate download).

I have info on how to run it on the second page of posts, here;

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=631

I have information there to tell how to adjust the INI files so that you can run it offline, change the 4 various photo suppliers, change resolutions, etc. Its easier then you think. Sorry it was difficult on the first ones. I was blessed to get in on this with the latest build.

Bill
LHC

deimos256
October 5th, 2008, 16:18
thats great but how does it look, say, below 4000 Ft

Panther_99FS
October 5th, 2008, 16:33
thats great but how does it look, say, below 4000 Ft

You know the "heavy pilots" could care less about this...:d:d:cost1::kilroy:

deimos256
October 5th, 2008, 16:35
yea i figured as much, as someone who likes to fly low and appreciates autogen i think ill pass on this, but those shots are very impressive

Panther_99FS
October 5th, 2008, 16:43
I'm usually below 10,000ft myself too :mixedsmi:

deimos256
October 5th, 2008, 16:49
my posterior usually bothers me after an hour or so, and i dont want hemorrhoids so long hauls dont suit me

Panther_99FS
October 5th, 2008, 16:50
my posterior usually bothers me after an hour or so, and i dont want hemorrhoids so long hauls dont suit me

:icon_lol:...Yeppers me too!
Most of flights are 1hr and less...

barryward12345
October 5th, 2008, 17:10
I have never been to Tampa, Florida - and doubt that I ever will - but that TP scenery was great.

TP is the ONLY way I fly these days - have been flying FS for many years now and find that I have finally fitted into my own private "niche" - TP, flying Helos.

The TP gives me scenery as real as I think I am going to see - and the helos provide the flying challenge.

As for AUTOGEN - we Aussies don't say what you Yanks say :redf: " I could care less! " We say : "I couldn't care less!" :ernae::ernae:

Barry in Brisbane, Australia

EgoR64
October 5th, 2008, 17:59
:wavey:

Wow, Amazing Stuff - Looks liek the real Deal !!

Cheers !!

falcon409
October 5th, 2008, 21:43
. . . . .Its easier then you think. Sorry it was difficult on the first ones. I was blessed to get in on this with the latest build.
Bill
LHC
Tried one more time Bill and even in FS9 (which I'm flying a lot in right now), while the resolution isn't the best, I was still amazed at what I saw. I flew from Atlantic City to Philly in the 172 and watched as my old home unfolded underneath my airplane. Simply amazing. I flew over my High School, around the lake we practically lived at during the summer in the 60's, along the main creek that wound from the Delaware into the heart of New Jersey. . .a creek I canoed many times as a Boy Scout way back when. Who cares about autogen when you can go back home whenever you want to see it from a whole new perspective.

Thanks!!

Lionheart
October 5th, 2008, 23:20
Hey Falcon,

Glad you got it running.

:ernae:

FS9 doesnt run it as well as FSX. I wish it did as FS9 runs far smoother for me then FSX. arrghh...

Just flew up to downtown Boston from Nantucket. (I spent 4 hours yesterday evening, doing high resolution, low and slow 'photo gathering' of the entire penninsula area, lol... ), so now its all in the Cache folder(s) and basically saved.

Unreal to see all those houses, stores, roads, trails, beaches, people on the sidewalks, waves, underwater sand bars and other things. Downtown Boston is amazing... Alot of Townhomes and all...

falcon409
October 6th, 2008, 03:41
One question. . .sounds silly but, even after I shut the sim down, the tileproxy window seems to continue loading tiles. . .should I just "X" out of it till the next time? I don't want to screw something up by doing that but I'm also sure it isn't supposed to run 24/7, lol.:costumes: