PDA

View Full Version : Midget Mustang Beta

N2056
December 31st, 2013, 21:58
On a whim I decided to upload what I have to date on this project. It's twitchy, but to me at least it's a fun plane to fling around the sky.
Happy New Year!

falcon409
December 31st, 2013, 22:51
Thanks Robert. . .Happy New Year to you also. Was wondering if you'd have a chance to go back to this one. Beauty to fly.

txnetcop
January 1st, 2014, 05:36
Thank you Robert...she is a Sweetie Pie! Happy New Year Amigo!
Ted

Sundog
January 1st, 2014, 07:13
Thanks! It's another plane I look forward to flying when I return from vacation. These little single sweaters are always fun to use with my Orbx airfields and this one will be like a miniature fighter. My weekend is definitely going to be full in two weeks. :applause:

stovall
January 1st, 2014, 07:49
Thanks Robert, definitely deserves a sticky. Check it out HERE!!! (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?84477-Midget-Mustang-Beta-zip)

Bomber_12th
January 1st, 2014, 08:26
Thank you Robert! I am very much looking forward to checking it out (being a big fan of all of your work!).

Milton Shupe
January 1st, 2014, 08:30
Oh Wow! Su-Wheet looking jobbie here Robert. Thank you for all your efforts. :jump:

Roger
January 1st, 2014, 09:38
Thanks Robert!
Downloaded and will fly this evening!

Ferry_vO
January 1st, 2014, 12:16
Thanks Robert! :encouragement:

warchild
January 1st, 2014, 12:32
Thanks Robert.. this is awesome :)

Paul Domingue
January 1st, 2014, 13:31
What a great way to start off the new year. Thanks Robert. :ernaehrung004:

ryanbatc
January 1st, 2014, 13:46
Thanks. Is this in the warbird library? If so I cannot find it. In fact I rarely can find anything. I wish that thing could get an overall. Separating planes by american, british etc.... that's odd. Can't we just see all FSX planes and sort by date uploaded or number of downloads etc?

If this is possible I don't know how to do it and would love some help.

papab
January 1st, 2014, 15:44
Thanks. Is this in the warbird library? If so I cannot find it. In fact I rarely can find anything. I wish that thing could get an overall. Separating planes by american, british etc.... that's odd. Can't we just see all FSX planes and sort by date uploaded or number of downloads etc?

If this is possible I don't know how to do it and would love some help.

Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see "New Entries"

Rick
Link:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=33&linkid=17905

StormILM
January 1st, 2014, 16:46
Robert,

I had followed this model's development a while now with great anticipation. Thank you for releasing it as Beta. It's very nice even in it's current form! Is there any way we can help you in feedback for further development purposes?

ryanbatc
January 1st, 2014, 17:52
Thanks for the link

b24_witchcraft
January 2nd, 2014, 12:13
Very nice and thank you Robert!
The only thing wrong I can see as of now is the position of the wing lights.
Keep up the good work. :applause::applause::applause::applause:

peterwatkins2
January 3rd, 2014, 15:59
A wonderful New Year gift Robert, thank you so much. I have waited a long time to be able to create one of my two favourite British registered midget racers, G-ASSV (the other is Cosmic Wind G-ARUL). 'SSV was a Texan-built Kensinger KF which was raced in the mid-60s by Paul Bannister. She was written off in July 1969 by Milton Blair(of Cosmic Wind fame) who perished in the crash.
I know you may wish to make modifications to the texture files Robert, but I could not resist having a go at painting 'SSV just for my own amusement and it will probably never be released.
I really love throwing this model around the sky!

Peter Watkins

T6flyer
January 3rd, 2014, 16:44
Robert,

Very nice indeed - a much needed aeroplane for the simulator world. Can see myself getting lost very quickly in this (even when having the GPS switched on!). I presume the flight model still has to be tweaked as I get no swing on take off. Its not quite the aeroplane for short grass strips, so shall have to test her at an airfield where the length is longer than 610 yards.

Many thanks,

Martin

N2056
January 3rd, 2014, 17:12
I'm really glad everyone is having fun with it. I'm keeping note of the comments made, thanks for the feedback.
It will be fun to finish it off after I get done with my commercial project.
BTW, that repaint looks great! :encouragement:

Marvin Carter
January 3rd, 2014, 20:00
Thanks Robert!!!

phantomx1
January 5th, 2014, 05:42
Thanks Robert. A very nice model that gives a very good impression of what a real one might feel like. Very smooth on the frame rates.

Spirited little bird and would be just the thing for an online racing circuit of some sort, if those type things worked smooth enough to support such an event.

I see one repaint on this thread. Would be good to see more for this. I can't paint though.

phantomx1
January 8th, 2014, 18:59
I would like to point out that a very nice, although not perfect sound alias for this nice little formula one type plane, is the, NEOQB DR1 Fokker Triplane, which has within it's sound wavefile set some VW sound waves.

It is not a perfect sound alias, but it really gives that, VW coupled with a short wood prop sound, that has energy, especially good on the exterior fly-by passes.

So if you happen to have the freeware NEOQB DR1 Fokker Triplane in your hanger, give it an alias try out. I find it really enhances this very nice little Midget Mustang. It's not as great inside but on the fly-bys it is extremely nice as well as a Hot little sound on idling and taxying.

This plane is a keeper, thanks again Robert, you modeled her very well and in the flight characteristics.