PDA

View Full Version : Razbam Skyraiders Vol.1 repaints?

ST0RM
December 30th, 2013, 18:31
Just curious if anyone has done any repaints for this set. I know its FS9, but it works in FSX. It just needs some new transparency textures for the gun sight, prop and rear canopy.

Anything?

Thanks!
Jeff

WarHorse47
December 30th, 2013, 19:09
Just curious if anyone has done any repaints for this set. I know its FS9, but it works in FSX. It just needs some new transparency textures for the gun sight, prop and rear canopy.

Anything?

Thanks!
JeffMy FS9 collection has a few by Jens-Ole Kjølberg for the AE-1 which is part of that package.

Would you be willing to share the new textures for FSX and maybe some screenshots? Vol. 1 is one set I'd like to see in FSX.

ST0RM
December 31st, 2013, 09:21
WH,

That is what I was asking. If anyone has done any textures for FSX, but from the lack of response, it appears there have been none.

My apologies if my question was vague.

-Jeff

Wings of Gold
December 31st, 2013, 10:08
Razbam has been asked many times on his facebook "forum" to provide a new gun sight texture for this airplane. He says he has one, but it is never forthcoming. He won't even answer the question any more. Bill

WarHorse47
December 31st, 2013, 12:19
Ahhh... repaints for FS9, yes. repaints for FSX, no.

textures?? Guess I misunderstood. textures meaning texture specific to the gun sight, prop, glass, etc. for FSX?? Not that I am aware of.

One thought that crossed my mind, was that Vol. 2 is available for FSX and that maybe that has some of these textures that can be applied to Vol. 1. Not sure.

Since I've been flying FSX for the last 10 months, I went through all my archived payware and identified those downloads with an FSX install. One included Vol.2 for the RAZBAM Skyraider. I never installed it since I had installed Tim Conrad's Skyraiders, and that I was more interested in Vol. 1. Anyways, that prompted my interest in the original question on how to bring their Vol. 1 Skyraiders over to FSX, and if it had been already done.

BTW - you are not the only one who has been ignored on such questions. I posted an issue on their Banshee, and never have received a response. Have a similar issue requested on an IRIS product, and have never received a response. These days I wonder which is most effective: dedicated support forums or Facebook. Seems that nobody is looking at their own support forums, IMO. Unfortunately, that taints my decision on who to buy from in the future. (No need to discuss further, unless you wish to start a new thread and I'd be more than happy to chime in.)

ST0RM
December 31st, 2013, 12:29
WoG and WH,

Thanks for the replies. I began messing with the transparencies a few minutes and wasn't able to get what I wanted on first try. I'll keep at it.

I'm specifically looking at "Mk20 Mod4 gunsight.bmp", "tinted glass.bmp" and "prop.bmp"

If you install Vol.2, let me know if it the FSX textures are there with those same names and if they work properly. I may just get it too just to swap things over. I too use Piglets A-1H/J

WoG, bummer that he acknowledges the new sight, but wont even bother to help his customers out. It's not like he's losing money on this ancient release. Just help those of us using it in FSX.

-Jeff

WarHorse47
December 31st, 2013, 14:01
Okay. Good news, bad news.

I installed my Vol. 2 and the two patches.

It has the Mk 20 Mod 4 gunsight and prop textures. No texture for glass.

Bad news is that the gunsight is not transparent and just displays a black circle, and the prop blur is horrible. Prop blur uses a props.bmp file which might be modified.

External views are same as FS9, except you get missing textures when flying between the view and a could. Missing textures for cockpit glass and prop.

So, I'm not sure if Vol. 1 can be patched without fixing these issues in Vol. 2. Why they released this as an FSX portover is beyond me as its not well done, IMO. Best to stick with Tim's FSX native freeware version for these models.

Be nice to have the modified gunsight texture and see how that stacks up.

I don't have time to fiddle around with this for now, but maybe later in the week I can see if anything can be improved.

WarHorse47
December 31st, 2013, 14:48
Okay, I found the time.

Is this what you're looking for??

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/2013-12-31_15-35-43-733_zps16be68a8.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/2013-12-31_15-39-57-742_zpsb66c563d.jpg

Okay, as I mentioned in my last thread the prop.bmp and gunsight.bmp are unchanged and identical to what was installed under Vol. 2 for FSX.

The only thing I did was delete the tinted glass.bmp since it's not used in Vol. 2. Also copied the gauge files as well, and all seems to work.

Note in the second photography the transparency issue with the read cockpit glass. It, and the prop, tend to turn transparent when there are clouds or scenery in the background. I think there is another thread discussing this.

Now there might be room for improvement with the props, and the gunsight definitely needs some work. I'll see if there is anything on their FORUM (or Facebook) if I have to.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, btw...

WarHorse47
December 31st, 2013, 15:30
Hey, STORM. You really started something. How's this??

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/2013-12-31_16-25-48-764_zpsbeff5044.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/2013-12-31_16-27-30-606_zps3b9f0772.jpg

ST0RM
December 31st, 2013, 17:58
WH,

I think you nailed it. The gunsight and prop were the main concerns, as I really don't look at myself outside much. My intent was to prevent the blue tinted canopy from showing objects behind it plainly, instead of through it. Follow?

Thanks for sticking with it.
- Jeff